Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 130 reviews
on January 23, 2014
As always-- La Canadienne did not disappoint! On the contrary, it enthralled! Previous to purchasing this pair, I had 2 pairs of La Canadienne Perla boots-- one black and one brown. These boots tend to run just a wee bit small. Therefore, I always opt for a size 8, rather than a 71/2. The Passion boots are perfect for those of us with slender calves. They fit perfectly-- with a comfortable fit over my jeans. They are also on the tall side-- which I love. I am 5'5" with long legs. The boots come up to about 1" below the bottom of my knee. While I feel utmost comfort while wearing them, the look they give is elegant. Perfect! Everyone is interested and wants to know where to find them!
on October 27, 2011
I got this pair for winter. I wanted to get a pair slightly big so that I can wear socks on a terribly cold day and night. I ordered usual size 5 to see if I can wear a sock in. It turned out to be half a size larger than usual 5. I would recommend, if you don't want to wear a sock, order half size smaller. This company's size is huge. The only part that is snuggly is the calf part. I had to struggle a bit to get my skinny jean tucked in. I can hardly wait to see how much the water proof is going to play out. Not an elegant or sophisticated looking pair, but looks dependable on a cold day. Will be adding comments once the real winter comes.

P.S.
I am still wearing this pair. It turned out to be my winter staple while walking my dog. Very dependable in rainy weather and comfortable walking. Wore with my pants tucked in every time, I received more compliments on this pair more than any other boots I ever purchased.
on January 26, 2010
I have what many women suffer from called chicken legs. I have very demure calves (putting it mildly). I've read the reviews on Amazon and other websites but naturally I love Amazon (as they have the best pricing and are reliable) & ordered this boot from them last year November/December (2009).

I needed really nice warm boots I could take w/me on my trip to Europe over the Xmas holidays. These boots held up very well thru rain, snow and lots of walking. I receive many compliments to date on my boots.

I must mention tho what a previous reviewer said on the fact that while the boot says it's waterproof if you submerge your foot in a massive puddle, expect to get ur toes/feet wet. It's not THAT waterproof (as I found out last week upon accident). But other than that small detail I am still keeping my boots, love them and will definitely buy more from this brand.
on January 8, 2016
These are my new favorite riding boots! I've been longing for a clean, minimalist boot for everyday winter wear and these boots are just what I needd..

Quality: the leather is high quality, supple, and waterproof - definitely true to description! I've these boots for about a month and a half wearing them every other day or so, and the leather is still smooth and mostly scratch-free. These boots are water and snow-proof along its entire length. I've walked through a foot snow without any lingering wear on the leather.
Warmth: The fleece lining is pretty warm. These boots (with wool socks) have kept me warm in 20 degree weather. However, they're not as warm as actual snow boots, so if you need to walk through several inches of snow for an extended period of time, you'll need to find something else. But for winters in the city, these do the job.
Sizing: I have narrow calves and the shaft fits snugly against my leg when I'm wearing jeans. I have wide feet and a W width fits perfectly.

I highly recommend them!
on November 21, 2013
I tried these on in Macy's Times Square and the calf was much bigger (probably from everyone and their brother trying shoes on there- eww!) and then tried to buy them on Zappos. Well, Zappos did not have them but Amazon, who I understand now owns Zappos, did and they had the best price even with the Macys sale I was shopping.

These boots are very nice quality and comfortable from the first wearing, though a little tighter around the calf than I expected. I still wore them with jeggings tucked in the first wearing, though. They will stretch in time. The heel height is made for walking and they have a thin but warm lining which make them perfect winter boots.

I am very happy with this purchase and happy with Amazon for offering them at the price I bought them at. I will definitely come back here to price shoes in future.
on January 13, 2015
I've never written a review but feel compelled to do so just this once. I read most of the reviews pertaining to these boots and found them to be very true to their words, thank you everyone! I purchased the Passion leather riding (Dec 2014) as well as Passion knee highs (Nov 2013) and have not looked back since. The boots came on time and fit true to my size 9M. I have worn them casually and smartly and always receive many compliments on their stylish looks. The added bonus that they are warm, waterproof and weather the snow justify the prices I've paid for them. The stretch around the calves lend to an accommodating fit, my feet don't sweat at all and I was been able to wear them immediately, walking throughout the city for hours with no stress! At last my feet are happy!
on February 2, 2017
Amazingly well-made and comfortable boots. Really really warm. Like slippers to wear outside. Can only use them about one month of the year in LA though, given that they're made for Weather with a capital W. Fit my narrow calves which I love.
on September 27, 2016
I purchased these beautiful Italian leather waterproof boots in a 7.5 wide.
They fit as expected. I wanted room to wear medium weight wool socks, and still be able to wiggle toes.
Several reviews noted the lack of arch support, so I bought set of Pedag Viva orthotic full-length arch supports to put in the boots.
I am 5 foot 2, and the boots are very high, but thankfully not too tall for me.
I am very pleased with the high quality of these Made-In-Canada boots. The TPR sole is very good. The heel is an all-day wearable height.
on February 28, 2015
Since they are waterproof, they appear a little rubbery. That is to be expected, though.

I returned them because they were too narrow for my foot. If you have a wide foot, these aren't ideal. Otherwise, the boot itself was comfortable and the calf wasn't too large like most boots.
on January 1, 2013
I have a size 11 slightly narrow foot - not narrow though. I have been searching for the perfect boot for me for the last several years. I have found some to get me through, to meet the new fashion, but wondered why anyone would wear them to go shopping all day, as mine were definitely 1/2 day fits; not suited for all day, on my feet wear. These boots are different. They fit and they are comfortable. I have relatively slim calves. These boots fit well enough. They are not fitted to my calf, but they don't look bad - there is just a bit of space. The style is very classic. They dress up or down. They are riding boot style that can be accessorized, but you aren't stuck with buckles or fur that may not go with every outfit, or may go out of style. They have just a bit of sheen to be dressy, but not too much. They are warm without being hot or sweaty. The brown is very dark - almost black, so they go with anything! And the soles....they are so nice to walk on; sort of cushioning very step. Truly absolutely awesome boots! I think I truly need not purchase another pair of boots and yet I find myself surfing for more La Canadienne. I think I have finally found my boot brand!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.