Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 23, 2012
As mentioned by others, I'm glad that this clock had separate batteries for the clock and the back lighting. The problem I encountered was that the sensor to trigger the backlight needs near absolute darkness to actually turn the light on. This essentially resulted in the backlight functioning only when I went to bed and was not using the room at all. Even though I was hoping to be able to see the clock when watching TV in an otherwise completely dark room, just the glow of the TV backlight was enough to prevent it from functioning.

To add to the problem, the hands are mostly transparent to facilitate the light function, making them somewhat tough to read even in the day.

Overall, I'd rather just have a normal clock with high contrast hands that I can read *most* of the time than this thing.
11 helpful votes
12 helpful votes
on October 9, 2012
I ordered 5 Lacrosse clocks: 3 - 12"(shipped from Amazon) and 2 - 10"(shipped from Uhaggle). When the clocks arrive from both shippers: 1 clock in EACH shipment from the 2 suppliers had the hands (swinging) around the clock face. That is 40% of my order. Amazon sent a shipping label and paid for postage back. Uhaggle sent shipping label but stated that I must pay shipping. The 10" clock from Uhaggle was only $20 - the shipping was $11. But I did ship it back - after contacting Amazon - Uhaggle refunded my shipping and the clock. Amazon replaced the 12" clock - but when it arrived the hands were again swinging around the face. This time I unscrewed the 6 small screws opened the clock and "snapped" the center plug into place and now the hands are functioning correctly. The assembly process cannot withstand the shipping process - the stem that snaps in the middle to keep the hands in motion, becomes loose. If you are willing to pay for the product and the shipping and THEN disassemble/reassemble the product to have it function correctly - it is good product. Just be prepared to correct the defect yourself.

In addition to the assembly issue - the clock only illuminates in a very dark room - ANY light, including the TV, disengages the sensor. The light is strong at the center and then fades as it lights the hands -making it difficult to see the time.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on November 27, 2015
I like the idea of this clock. I bought it for use in my camper, so we could easily see the time in the very dark night when in the woods. It is whisper-quiet, which I like. You can also easily tell the time in a dark room It was almost too bright for me the first night, but I got used to it. What I don't like is that the time stops about every 24 hours. I have to remove the battery and re-insert it, then it starts up again. I can live with this, since I really only need to see the clock at night (I reinsert the battery every night, to ensure it works all night long), but it's really annoying. If the clock worked properly, I would love it. But it doesn't, so I'm not real happy with it.
on January 19, 2014
I was disappointed because the illumination is a green bulb in the middle of the clock and only illuminates the middle of the dial and does not extend the length of either hand, which I was hoping for. There is no way to tell time in the dark because the compete hand and the numbers are not lit.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on August 7, 2012
The clock has a light sensor and turn on a small light that only lights the hands in a very dark room. I wanted a clock that I could see time on in a dark room with my TV on. Unfortunately the light from the TV is enough to stop the light in the clock from coming on. I somewhat solved the problem by putting the clock behind the TV. The glare from the TV makes it hard to see the time on the clock behind it unless I block the TV image with my hand or a magazine. This doesn't quite do what I wanted, but if you want a clock in your bedroom that you can read in the dark, this will work for you.
on December 31, 2013
This was requested for christmas and i went searching for alternative brands and styles that have the features this clock has and come to find out there really isn't anything like this clock.... except smaller and larger versions of the same clock. turns out the features didn't matter to my gift recipient - if they do for you then this clock is it.. .and its a nice clock good quality would buy again.
on July 28, 2014
It is sad to see Lacrosse going down. This is the second defective clock of this model. The first one the minute hand fell to the 6 o'clock position before I could get it on the wall. Amazon is great about replacing them but the replacement has a big green glow in the middle and the hands are hardly lit up.
on April 29, 2015
Works, but kills battery. Only last a couple of days at full brightness, then just gets dimmer and dimmer until battery is changed. Definitely not worth it unless you turn it off everyday or it is in a room that is REALLU bright during the day.
on July 3, 2015
Keep Looking. I purchased 2 of these, they don't keep time accurately and they require 6! AA batteries. The illumination is not enough to light up the clock face. Would not recommend.
on May 7, 2014
I bought this clock for my 94 year old mother in a nursing home, who
would wake up during the night and would want to know the time.
She was disappointed that the numbers were not illuminated
as well. I now have the clock and love it.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question