Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 14, 2017
This disc set was almost everything I wanted and expected--up until I got to the fifth (and final) season. There were only eight episodes in the last season, and they're all on the fifth season disc set. What is not on the fifth season disc set are closed captions/subtitles in English. There are French and Spanish subtitles, but none in English, despite the entire set being advertised as closed captioned. I have a hearing deficit, and I depend on the closed captions to understand the spoken dialogue. This was very disappointing. I have seen disc sets of older series that weren't captioned, but most of these were made before closed captioning was made standard for U.S. television broadcast. Season Five of La Femme Nikita, being the most recent, should have had the captions already created, but the producers of this set neglected to include them. This was very disappointing.

Besides the episodes, most discs include "cancelled scenes" (scenes that were filmed and then cut), most with commentary from the producers and/or Eugene Robert Glazer, who played Operations/Paul Wolff. Two seasons include a gag reel.

The set may have been produced for sale outside the United States. I use a software package to track my DVD collections that enters each item from its UPC code. The UPC codes on these disc sets (there are five boxes, one for each season) came up with no match.

Production quality is very good. I cannot understand why this last season omitted the closed captions in English. If you can live with that, and you love the show, it's a worthwhile purchase.
on February 20, 2016
Sorry, Maggie Q and pound-his-shoe-on-the-table Khrushchev, but it's true! Peta Wilson exudes penache as she does an unequaled job of combining slam-bang physical prowess, whiz-bang weapon capabilities, more-bang-for-the-buck brains, and an empathetic protect-the-innocent aura as her character struggles to find a balance in her tortuous existence as spy/special ops diva. Two thumbs up for the writers, who weave a constantly evolving and implausible storyline with smart twists punctuated with the expected gunplay and explosions. I unequivocally recommend this collection ... and I promise you hours of entertainment. My routine? I enjoy a dose of Peta while treadmilling 4+ miles in little more than an hour ... which means that I watch each 45-minute episode close to 1½ times. Believe me: A little Peta goes a long way toward making an otherwise boring routine seem to zip by painlessly.
on December 22, 2014
One of my Top 3 all-time fav shows. Peta Wilson (Nikita) and Roy Dupuis (Michael) put on a clinic in how to speak with body language instead of words. They have incredible chemistry on-screen. Peta is gorgeous in this show and you quickly discover that she's not just a pretty face (and body), she is a legit actress who took this role to the next level. Roy was so good that they made him a regular on the show when he was only supposed to be on for a handful of eps. The show is really about them and their unrequited love, it just so happens to also be about a secret society of spies who fight international terrorism. This was pre-9/11. Looking back on the plots and stories they did, it makes me shiver at how viable some of them were. The viewer gets quickly invested in Nikita's personal journey as she's forced into this do-or-die secret society and her struggle to fight to maintain her sense of self in the process.

Rounded out with even more great cast who play equal parts bad and good. You end up understanding why they are who they are and even rooting for them along the way. It's a mind-bender at times but one thing is for certain...nothing is ever what it seems in Section One. The only drawback to watching it now is that they didn't have a huge budget for graphics and explosions so those are a bit hoaky but only a small part of the show as it is mostly drama. Others have played the role of Nikita before and since, but Peta made Nikita so uniquely her own with emotion, physicality, and transformation that she will forever be Nikita to me.

LFN would also be good for aspiring actors/actresses and tv writers to watch to glean insight on the great performances, structure of many of the stories, and how a great show can be done with limited resources and still be very interesting.
on November 30, 2013
This is currently my favorite action/thriller series from television. The casting, writing and directing were excellent and the actors are wonderful in their roles. I compare all actors in other versions of Nikita to the cast in LaFemme Nikita. I wish this series had run longer than 4 1/2 seasons (season five is really only a half season.) The same people who created and produced "24" and "Homeland" are responsible for this version of Nikita.

I have viewed a more recent series that started in 2010 titled "Nikita" which starred Maggie Q and it simply cannot compare to the quality of this earlier production and Peta Wilson's Nikita. The movie starring Bridgett Fonda in the role of Nikita was well done for a movie, but I prefer the unfolding of the story lines and character development possible with a series that runs for a season.

I bought all episodes of LaFemme Nikita and viewed them in sequence (without commercials) and now this is my preferred way of viewing television shows. I have given seasons of this series to four people who love action/thrillers for Christmas this year. I love LaFemme Nikita and recommend it highly!
on March 29, 2017
I Love Nikita
One of the best series ever if you like spy thrillers
Watched it in the 90s
Watched it on VCR
Now again on DVD.
I so want to be Michael
on June 30, 2016
This series is just as good now as when it first came out. The character development is thorough, the stories are engaging, plot lines are still relevant and the tech is still pretty up to date with few exceptions.
on September 11, 2012
The series is fantastic. I watched the series back then on tv and enjoyed watching it again. I had been wanting to buy the complete box series for a while and kept postponing it. Michael and Nikita are great together. I strongly recommend the series. I doubt the Nikita series on cw can compare to this original. Terrific buy.
on June 1, 2015
This was a great show, my girlfriend is very badly addicted. She's only interested in me if she wants some. And if I watch it with her, every now and then, I'm surprisingly in the mood after a few minutes of Ms Wilson. The stage sets and props were ahead of their time. It looks great. I wish they would re-edit like CMT did with "Dukes", zoom in for widescreen but, other than 3X4 it's great!
on May 20, 2014
I had become a huge fan of this series when it aired some years ago and couldn't wait to delve into it again. Watched it practically non-stop through all 5 seasons and the writing, acting and the cast were as marvelous and relevant today as during the years it originally aired! If you've never seen this series, by all means do and add this truly wonderful series to your collection. Sorry, but the new "Nikita" series with a different cast can't hold a candle.
on July 18, 2016
I can't even tell you how excited I was that I could get this La Femme Nikita: The Complete DVD Collection with Peta Wilson!!!!!!! I loved this when it was playing originally and it never had reruns!!!!! But I can't believe it came out 20 years ago!!!!!! Jesus!!!!!!! I feel so old!!!!!! Oh well I watched all of them and loved it!!!!!!!