Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: La Patrie Guitar, Presentation
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

75%
25%

on July 9, 2011
One of our children is about to attend one of the best performing arts high schools in the country (guitar program). The national award-winning head instructor suggested two brands of classical guitar for us to buy our student. One was La Patries. Having tried out a few different classical guitars in our city we decided on the La Patrie "Presentation". Amazon's price on this particular guitar was absolutely outstanding, so much so we had to take a shot at buying a guitar 'through the mail' (which we never do). Only 1 regret with this purchase: We would've spent a little more for the version with electronics however, Amazon does not floor stock these i.e. up to 4-month wait, which was unacceptable for us. Bottom line: For the money this guitar is absolutely awesome.

Update: Our guitar major student is on his 2nd year using this instrument and the sound just keeps getting better and better. I just received a compliment on this particular instrument from a prominent guitar instructor. We have another guitarist coming up through the ranks and even though she is not into it like our son is, I'm still going to buy her a La Patrie, they are outstanding instruments for the price.
on April 11, 2012
I've owned this guitar for about ten years. I've never devoted enough time and energy to it to be a good classical guitarist but I thought I'd make a few comments that might be of help if you're considering this guitar. First of all, I thought and still think that it's an amazing guitar for its price. It's very purpose-built. It has remarkable tone and sustain. I'd describe it as mellower ("darker"?), not as bright as more "traditional" classical guitars and my last teacher mentioned that he thought it was a little quiet; that it didn't project a lot. It's brighter if picked closer to the bridge but I suspect that's true of most guitars. It's an odd guitar in that I don't know of any other classical guitar that has an adjustable truss rod. That was one of the features that attracted me to it when I bought it but I can't say that it's worked out to be a useful feature yet. Also, the top, being of American cedar is darker than most European spruce-topped guitars and it has a slightly peachy color to it. The matte finish is also a little unusual. Compared to guitars that are owned by my teachers and friends, it looks practically unfinished. One of my past teachers liked to use a support that was similar to the "NeckUp". If you like this device, be warned, the suction cup won't stick to the Presentation's finish. As a side note, I recently started using the Dynarette cushion and I really like it. I can't use a foot stool long because it kills my back! But back to the finish: my guitar has a few dings that I think would have been limited by a harder finish. One was where I accidentally bumped my tuning fork against the top leaving two tiny divots in it, another is where I simply closed a little strap between the lid of the case and the top of the guitar. The pressure caused a dent. In short, be warned, the finish provides minimal protection to the guitar. This might not be so much an issue for you but even if you're very careful (I baby my guitars), your guitar will probably show wear sooner than higher gloss models. It's a choice. I've read many reviewers who have said that even though the gloss finish models are more expensive, their tone suffers from the high-gloss (thicker) finish. This guitar is about sound, not about visual aesthetics. The finish, binding, etc. is quite plain and the rosette is very obviously a sticker (or, I guess technically, a 'transfer'). The Presentation doesn't look cheap, it just looks plain. There are lots of cheaper guitars out there that are better to look at but not nearly so nice to play. Finally, a lot of people complain about the tuning machines on this guitar but they've never been a problem for me. They look neither particularly cheap as some reviewers have said, nor particularly fine. Like everything else about the guitar, they're very utilitarian. But the machines are smooth and accurate and the guitar holds a tune quite well and, again, I've owned it ten years. In summary, this is what I would call an excellent student guitar or an excellent guitar for people who are about playing and sound more than looks and don't want to break the bank. It's a great guitar to leave out on a stand which, for me at least, means it gets played more.
on June 25, 2015
This guitar is excellent. I've had mine for 8 years and just love it.You will be pleasantly surprised to find the quality, playability and voice to be far above the price. I have Gibson, Breedlove and Alvarez classical guitars but this is by far my favorite to play.
on April 21, 2013
For the price these are unbeatable. Quality construction! Solid top and back with laminate sides. Plain, clean looking! Great sounding! Adjustable! Narrower neck than a lot of classical guitars. Truly the best guitars built for price. Built in America! Canada, but still North America!

I chose the Presentation because it has the matte finish that some don't like. Personal preference. I played both the Presentation and the Collection. Very little discernible difference in tone between the two. Both played very well. Great guitar's with great price's especially when compared to the Asian copies of some really good Spanish guitar's.

See 1 answered question