Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: La Tartine Gourmande: Recipes for an Inspired Life
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 14, 2012
I've been reading Bea's blog for a few years now, and enjoying her photos and her recipes - so I naturally needed to support her and buy her book. I was not disappointed. Bea's warm, kind voice shines through in her writing, her photography is sunny and appealing, and recipes are wonderful. I am a vegetarian and have not tested her meat dishes, but I have cooked a large number of meat-free recipes from this book already, and enjoyed them. I find that there are enough meat-free or meat-optional recipes to make the cookbook useful to me. She divides the recipes up by event, which gives you a clue as to the amount of prep time that is involved for each one - meals for a getaway weekend are much faster to pull together than recipes in the fancy desserts chapter, for example. There are a few ingredients that she uses that are probably non-standard for an American kitchen, but she always suggests alternatives. A few of the recipes I've already made several times, and might actually make it into my regular rotation. I would definitely recommend this book.
on February 12, 2013
I bought this for my daughter's friend's birthday present. When my daughter saw the recipes, she kept it for herself and gave her friend something else! Lovely food, photos and recipes. This should be in anyone's collection. A keeper.
on January 5, 2015
This is probably the prettiest cookbook that I own. Each picture will have you mesmerized and you'll want to make everything! I've made several of the recipes and they are very tasty. A few of them are time consuming and a labor of love but well worth it if you have the time. I highly recommend this book. I hear that the author is coming out with a second one soon - I'll definitely purchase it too!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2012
I have NO idea how this lady makes the simplest recipes taste so gourmet. Every single one that I have made out of this book is amazing. They are all my favorite. I have to pace myself or I would have a kitchen full of tasty treats, all at once. They are simple and tasty recipes that can be made for company or just for your family. I adore this book.
on June 24, 2013
This is a great cookbook for those trying to get off wheat. The recipes are pretty easy, but best of all they are very tasty. I have made several of the pie crust recipes, and they are all flakey. When you unmold the pies or cut them, the bottom crust holds up.
on June 14, 2013
We have about 10 cooking books at home. We use this one every week. We cook in bulk for the week and also when we have people over. This book has recipes for every occasion. While it is true that most desert recipes require non-typical gluten-free flours, as she says in the intro everything can be made using regular flour. Note though that the non-gluten stuff can add to the complexity of the flavors. I disagree with the reviewer who wrote that this book does not contain French recipes. My husband is French and tells me most of the recipes are French inspired. His mother, (a French woman who cooks regularly) cannot wait for the translation and thinks the recipes have a French foundation with exciting modifications. For example the author includes sometimes ingredients that are used in Thai cuisine (like coconut milk) in French staples like (creme custards). I consider this a plus and have gifted this book to several of my friends who love it and cook from it often. My three year old loves the quinoa salad and the stuffed eggplant dishes. For a child who is brain and taste-bud washed at school to eat chicken nuggets and defrosted corn-dogs this is a pretty good deal. So in summary, great pictures, easy to follow instructions, healthy and delicious.
on July 4, 2012
This compilation of recipes is an inspiration for both the experienced and amateur cook! I especially love the recipes that you can tell she developed herself because they often combine ingredients I wouldn't think of myself. But as I am at present a college student with a low income, I find it frustrating how often I must skip over or alter a recipe because it contains certain ingredients that are too expensive for me to purchase. That is just something to keep in mind when you purchase this book. But I do not suggest you turn away from such a wonderful cookbook as this on account of that detail. This is a must have for the creative and ambitious cook!
on April 16, 2012
I was thrilled to received Bea's cookbook. The package arrived quicker then expected. The book design is delicate, the recipes are great. Everything is made with a great attention to details. I already tried few recipes from the cook and they are very easy to make and delicious. If you are reading Bea's blog you should have this book, it really adds value to the meal you will cook. The little stories written by Bea are carrying you in a wonderful world and are making you to read more from her adventure.
on March 8, 2012
I had been searching for recipes that were not only healthy and delicious but creative and different. I came upon Beatrice Peltre's blog. It is such a wonderful site that made me feel at home.. I was so excited to receive her cookbook La Tartine Gourmande. It truly is filled with recipes for an Inspired Life. The photos are simply beautiful! Her writing is warm, sweet and well written. The recipes have turned out amazing!! The ingredients are combined in such a lovely way. They result in delicious culinary meals for breakfast,brunch, lunch, dinner and dessert. You will love this cookbook and refer to it often!!!!
on May 29, 2012
I bought this book after falling in love with Bea's blog, pictures, and thirst for life. I do love how the book is compiled and have found several recipes i have bookmarked for when I am feeling courageous. Over the past month I have been building my pantry to reflect the list of essential ingredients that Bea suggests, and it has been an expensive venture! I do not normally use gourment cookbooks, so perhaps this is due to my novice as a cook. However, I love to cook and often pull recipes from the web and my other cookbooks. My only issue with this beautiful book is the cost of the ingredients, it has kept me from making several dishes, which is disappointing. Overall the book has been a delightful change in pace for me and is really inspiring.