4 Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
LaCie 301230U DVD+/-RW Lightscribe 8X USB 2.0 Slim Portable Drive
|Price:||$129.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Box Content - LaCie Portable DVD+-RW with LightScribe Design by Sam Hecht, USB 2.0 cable, USB power-sharing cable
- Bundled Software - Easy Media Creator Suite 9 with LightScribe Labeler (Windows 2000, XP, Vista), CinePlayer 3.5 playback software (Windows XP, Vista)
- Access Time - DVD 130ms, CD 120ms
- System Requirements - USB equipped computer, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux-based system, Pentium IV processor or greater 256MB of RAM
- Dimensions - Width 6.2 x Height 5.39 x Depth 0.98 (157.5x137x25mm)
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Record personalized DVD/CDs wherever you want with the multi-format LaCie Portable DVD+-RW with LightScribe, Design by Sam Hecht. This sleek, slim and stylish portable burner is compact and easy to use. It has a high-gloss, chocolate brown elegance with clean, simple lines. High-Speed USB 2.0 bus-powered, it's fully mobile so you can plug it into any desktop or laptop PC with USB. Easily create and record your own music, movie & photo DVD/CDs with the help of the included full-featured burning software Easy Media Creator Suite 9. Design and etch your own professional-looking labels directly onto specially coated discs with LightScribe labeling technology. Weight - 11.25 ounces (319 grams)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is very light weight and has all the functions that most people need. It is Lightscribe and DL compatible. It has worked with all the brands of discs I use.
I would suggest this one for anyone wanting a portable unit to take with them. It works great with my little Netbook. (Acer Aspire One)
It also seems to burn discs just as fast as my built-in units in my laptop and desktop. There is an update for the Lightscribe function on the Lacie website that needs to be installed on you computer for you to burn Lightscribe discs if you do that. I very seldom do.
Mine is a very shiney black with a gray bottom. It is plastic but feels solid enough to carry with you. It has rubber feet. It isn't the quietest drive but I don't care as long as it works.
- It comes with 3 ways to supply power, one is via standard mini USB, one is via a custom USB to DC input cable and the last is a regular AC adapter. All of them are included with the drive.
- It comes with (what appears to be) a full version of Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 XE. I have yet to hook up my video camera to it yet but there are no inactive components insisting on a paid upgrade to unlock and use them. Usually OEM versions are scaled down but this one has CineMagic and other features that are often removed. It also comes with a nice DVD player from Roxio called CinePlayer.
- It is very very compact and light weight.
The only down sides are the write speed (average to slow at 8x single layer and 4x double layer) and it will not write CD+R. Both minor setbacks unless you have a real need for speed.
As far as the drive goes, it seems OK so far. It's not real fast, but I wouldn't expect that in this type of drive anyway. The tray catches on the top of the opening if one isn't very careful closing it. I can accept that too.
Now for the good part: The drive is light, and very convenient. I would certainly be ready to reccommend that one should forget about the Roxio software and use some other software to use this drive. That could be why the software isn't crippled, it doesn't work that well.
I have no idea how well the LightScribe feature works, I can't imagine where I would ever use it.