Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on October 21, 2008
I have purchased several of the LaCie Rugged All-Terrain 301371 500 GB FireWire800/FireWire400/USB 2.0 Portable Hard Disk for my business for system backups. These sleeves are great so I know which backup drive is for which internal drive (I have 4 internal drives). They fit and feel exactly like the orange sleeve that comes with these drives. They are very easy to fit onto the drive. You just stretch it over it. The only slight negative, for myself, is the grey/green colored one. I'm just not all that fond of that color but that is my personal preference.
on September 6, 2011
Got them today. I bought this so I could put a different Color Sleeve on different drives so I would know which is which just by look (Orange is MAC Filesystem, Black is Windows NTFS, and Gray is FAT32, etc...)...

Be warned:

1. They are slightly "smaller" in outside demensions from the original. The drive actually "Fits" perfectly inside the new sleeve, but since the outside is smaller the actual "Silver/Metal" part of the drive now rests on the table without the rubberized part touching at all.... instead of the drive being "Recessed" into the sleeve like the original orange.

2. They are of a more "flimsy" quality then the original which was more rigid.

The whole idea of this "Rugged" drive is the protection from getting banged up. These different color sleeves basically elimate that protection.

You would think it would be simple to change color... just inject different color plastic/rubber in the same mold the orange was made in. Some how they mucked this up by creating a different mold for the colored accessories option and ruined it. I would return it... but my time is more valuable to me than the $15.00
on November 2, 2011
These do exactly what they say they do. You take the orange bumper cover off of your Lacie hard drive and put one of these (black, gray, or purple/blue) on instead. It's great if you have multiple Lacie Rugged hard drives and want to be able to tell them apart without plugging them in to your computer or even from across the room. We are a media production company and we send one of our drives to another company that uses the Lacie Rugged series. The different colors really help our drives stand out and remain separate, ensuring we get the right drive back every time.

The bumpers are just as good as the original orange one that comes on the drive. They're the same material and size, just in different colors. If you have multiple drives or don't like orange, I would recommend this product.
on February 5, 2014
These sleeves do not fit either of my LaCie Rugged Hard Drives. I tried the sleeves on both of the hard drives I own, and on each the sleeves were too big. It wasn't so big that it fell off, but loose enough that it could easily come off if in a briefcase or laptop bag. They are not nearly as snug of a fit as the orange sleeve that came with the drives. I wanted different colors so that I could tell the drives apart, but these are completely useless.
on August 20, 2013
These are great for color coding and keeping your drives a little more organized.

But be warned, if you have the rugged thunderbolt drives, these do not fit. They fit on top of the original orange but not as a replacement sleeve.
on February 12, 2014
I have a ton of these rugged drives and saw the advantage of having different color to organize- but they offer way too much play when placed on the drive. Quite a bit larger than the orange- so they move around. Not at all what I thought thy would be- and I can't use them as they just don't fit. Sad. I feel as though the fit would be key in protecting the device, so I don't feel as if the colors protect.
Sad.
on March 8, 2014
i needed a hard drive that would withstand wear and tear and this became my option. i love the design and makeup of the hard drive and it also stood the test of time. i've have many hard drive prior to this and this lacie has done the job for me. the only reason i need a new one is because i've ran out of space but i think i'll keep purchasing lacie products seeing that we have built a strong relationship.
on April 12, 2013
This product is a good idea, but when I got it I found that it properly fit one older Rugged (a 500GB with two Firewire (400 and 800) connections and one mini-USB connection), but neither of my two Thunderbolt Ruggeds (one a 129GB SSD and the other a 1 TB moving drive). It not worth the time to package it up for return, then take it to the post office, but it's definitely a disappointment. Maybe I'll fall heir to some older ones which these will fit.
on March 21, 2015
These sleeves look great but are much too big for the thunderbolt-port LaCie rugged hard drives. Suspect they fit the older, slower rugged drives, but they're no good for the ones I bought. I've suggested that the vendor reword their description to reflect this; I hope they do.
on December 30, 2015
I'm only giving it 4 stars because it did not fit my LaCie hard drives. These were too big for them. At the time of purchase I didn't see any indication of different sizes so I assumed they were all standard.