- File Size: 1044 KB
- Print Length: 320 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: May 29, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B071R7CSGP
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #17,843 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$10.99|
Save $8.00 (73%)
LaClaire Nights (After Hours Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Good lukj got ther
The idea of this book was a lot stronger than the execution.
I liked the idea of a heroine who was saving herself for the wedding, that it was important to her. I thought Grace had a lot of potential to be a different and refreshing heroine, and that it was going to be interesting to see Grace and Bryant together.
That said, I thought the characters were all over the place. She goes from saving herself, to being humiliated on her wedding night, to divorced 3 months later, to willing to have premarital sex with someone else, to having a baby while not married. I get it that things happen to change who you are, but not this much.
Bryant was never real to me. He checked all of the "expected" boxes but was lacking in substance. There was an effort to make him seem like he had more depth with the brother story-line, but this fell flat for me as well.
The mother and Dustin, Grace's ex, were over the top. The mother was not interested, at all, in knowing what happened to destroy her daughter's marriage...she just kept saying she should have stayed with the man she married. And, Dustin, apparently married her just so he could have sex with a virgin. because, when you are in a strongly Christian small town, this is the only option you have. Or something.
But, somehow, in order to redeem Grace, Dustin had to be a criminal and her mother had to find this out...then, and only then, was it ok that she divorced him. This bugged the heck out of me. Add in the unbalanced characters and the rather choppy dialog and you have a book that had a lot of potential.
Unfortunately, I am not able to recommend this title.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy