Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About LaReine Chabut
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By LaReine Chabut
Golf is a popular spectator sport, but for those who play it's a great source of low impact cardiovascular, strength, and aerobic exercise. In addition, golf is by nature a social game that provides the opportunity to meet new people. Golf All-In-One For Dummies shows you not only how to get the most physical benefit from a round of golf, but also the tools you need to truly enjoy the game.
From perfecting your swing to avoiding injuries, the proven techniques presented in this book give you everything you need to have the time of your life every time you hit the links.
- The basics of golf
- Details on the latest golf equipment and technology
- Tips on how to improve the short game, including putting, chipping, and getting out of tough spots
- Rules and etiquette that every golfer needs to know
- Plans for keeping fit and designing workouts to improve your game
- Mental tricks and exercises to help you succeed
- Tips on grips, stances, and swings
- New tips from top players on how to improve your game
- Great new courses, tournaments, players who have changed the game, and a review of golf's greatest moments
Whether you already have some golf experience or are completely new to the game, Golf All-In-One For Dummies will have you playing like a pro in no time.
Weight Training For Dummies makes it easy to get started with weight training by offering trusted and straightforward guidance on the latest circuit and resistance training, and all-new information on the highly popular bodyweight and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). Whether you're working with dumbbells, free weight sets, or machines, you'll find out how to combine weight training with other exercise to properly strength train and get in the best shape of your life.
Along with aerobic exercise and flexibility, body weight training is an integral part of a complete physical activity program. But with all the different equipment and techniques available, getting started can feel overwhelming. Want to get pumped about weight training? Consider these facts: strength training, whether via free weights or a machine, builds muscle. And the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism and the less prone you are to injuries—in and out of the gym. Plus, strength training promotes bone strength, which can significantly reduce your odds of developing osteoporosis. If that's not enough, strength training—unlike cardio workouts like running—reaps benefits almost immediately. So what are you waiting for? Weight Training For Dummies has everything you need to get started.
- Provides examples and directions for powerful 20-minute weight training routines for the time challenged
- Features advice to help you choose a weight training system that you enjoy and that fits into your lifestyle
- Includes new coverage devoted to warm-ups and the hottest and most beneficial stretches
- Introduces using weight training to address specific health or orthopedic conditions
Whether you're already in the gym several times a week or are just starting out with a fitness routine, Weight Training For Dummies shows you how to use free weights or weight machines to get results—fast.
If you want to incorporate yoga into your daily routine or ramp up what you're already doing, Yoga All-In-One For Dummies is the perfect resource! This complete compendium of six separate titles features everything you need to improve your health and peace of mind with yoga, and includes additional information on, stretching, meditation, adding weights to your yoga workouts, and power yoga moves.
Yoga has been shown to have numerous health benefits, ranging from better flexibility and athletic performance to lowered blood pressure and weight loss. For those who want to take control of their health and overall fitness, yoga is the perfect practice. With Yoga All-In-One For Dummies, you'll have everything you need to get started and become a master of even the toughest yoga poses and techniques.
- Find out how to incorporate yoga to foster health, happiness, and peace of mind
- Get a complete resource, featuring information from six titles that are packed with tips
- Use companion workout videos to help you master various yoga poses and techniques that are covered in the book
- Utilize tips in the book to increase balance, range of motion, flexibility, strength, and overall fitness
Take a deep breath and dive into Yoga All-In-One For Dummies to find out how you can improve your health and your happiness by incorporating yoga into your daily routine.
Stretching for Dummies shows you that stretching is actually easy to do—and reveals how you can reap the amazing benefits of stretching anywhere, anytime. It explains in simple terms how you can stand taller, look thinner, keep stress from getting the best of you, keep your muscles from feeling achy, and nip injuries in the bud. You'll discover:
- The why’s, where’s, when’s, and how’s of letting loose and snapping back
- How to keep from hurting yourself
- The benefits of stretching with a partner
- How to target specific areas: such as head, shoulders, knees, and toes
- The art of breathing correctly
- How to use stretching to sooth lower back pain
- Stretches to start and end your day right
- Stretches you can do at your desk
- Stretches for various stages of life—including stretches for kids and seniors
This easy-to-use reference also includes a list of ten surprising around-the house stretching accessories, along with ten common aches and pain that stretching can help. Regardless of how old or young you are, Stretching for Dummies will introduce you to a kinder and gentler form of flexibility that will reduce that nagging tension and tenderness in your muscles and truly make you feel good all over.