- Series: X.media.publishing
- Hardcover: 300 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 2012 edition (January 28, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3642238157
- ISBN-13: 978-3642238154
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 1 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,564,669 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
LaTeX and Friends (X.media.publishing) 2012th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the reviews:
“The present book is composed of several parts covering introduction to LaTex: basic typesetting; tables, diagrams, and data plots; mathematics and algorithms; automation; and miscellaneous topics. The present book brings in a fresh flavor by ‘avoiding the use of what is known in the LaTex community as ‘verbatim’ commands and environments, except when it comes to including, well, verbatim program listings’. The present book is a welcome addition to the previous set of excellent books … .” (D. Subbaram Naidu, Amazon.com, January, 2014)
From the Back Cover
LaTeX is a free, automated state-of-the-art typesetting system. This book teaches all the ins and outs of LaTeX which are needed to write an article, report, thesis, or book. The book teaches by example, giving many worked out examples showing input and output side by side. The book presents the most recent techniques for presenting data plots, complex graphics, and computer presentations, but does not require previous knowledge. However, it is also a reference for the more seasoned user, with pointers to modern techniques and packages. Recurring themes in the book are consistent and effective presentation, planning and development, controlling style and content, and maintenance.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Other than that, I highly recommend it.
Reviewed by D. Subbaram Naidu, Idaho State University (formerly Book Review Editor: IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control; Wiley International Journals of Robust and Nonlinear Control and Optimal Control: Applications and Methods and Elsevier International Journal Mechatronics: The Science of Intelligent Machines).
This reviewer has been using LaTeX software almost since it’s inception in mid 80’s using Lamport book , although it was somewhat intimidating at the beginning, and became a great admirer of LaTeX. LaTeX is now a academia-wide standard for all conferences, journals, and books submissions and productions. The present book is composed of several parts covering introduction to LaTeX; basic typesetting; tables, diagrams, and data plots; mathematics and algorithms; automation; and miscellaneous topics. The present book brings in a fresh flavor by “avoiding the use of what is known in the LaTeX community as “verbatim” commands and environments, except when it comes to including, well, verbatim program listings”. The present book is a welcome addition to the previous set of excellent books [1-6].
1) Groossens, Michel, Mittlebach, Frank, and Samarian, Alexander, The LaTEX Companion, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1994.
2) Knuth, Donald, E, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1994
3) Lamport, Leslie, LaTEX, A Document Preparation System: User’s Guide and Reference Manual, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1985.
4) Lamport, Leslie, LaTEX, A Document Preparation System: User’s Guide and Reference Manual, Updated for LaTEX, 2e, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1994
5) Mittlebach, Frank, and Groossens, Michel, The LaTEX Companion, Second Edition, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 2004.
6) Price, Thomas, E., and Carnes, Lance, LaTEX Quick Start: A First Guide to Document Preparation, Personal TeX, Inc., 2009. [...]