Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Labtec LCS-1060 Spin 60 2-Piece Computer Speakers
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on July 21, 2000
I bought these primarily for a speaker that had a headphone jack (neccessary for listening to streaming music online late at night). What I didn't anticipate was the extraordinary bass reproduction from a two piece system. Right now I am listening to a Beethoven Cello Sonata, and the bass tones from the cello are felt in my chest! I am amazed because I thought I would need a subwoofer to get realistic bass. Quite simply, I feel as if sitting right next to the cellist. For the price this is well worth every penny. And the headphone jack is a nice bonus that a lot of speaker systems don't have.
on August 10, 2000
These speakers are great for my purpose. They are quite compact and wanted to use them on my laptop whose built in speakers are anemic. The price is right and the sound is excellent despite it not having a base/treble control. You just don't need it because sound is so well balanced. If you are looking for small, inexpensive, good quality speakers I just don't see how you can do any better than buying these.
on April 19, 2001
I bought these speakers to improve the awful sound of my laptop computer. They are a lot more powerful than I thought. They have deep, clear bass and reasonable treble separation. I like the built-in AC adapter, the separate bass/treble and volume controls and the front mounted headphone jack. The size is fine for my needs, about 9 inches high. The downside is that there is a little distortion at very high volume, but not at normal listening levels. Construction quality seems to be OK, though this is the first Labtec product I have owned. All in all, a pretty good sounding speaker for the price. Certainly not audiophile, but for those looking to upgrade their computer sound at a reasonable price, the Spin 60 speakers are worth checking out.
on February 14, 2001
All companies need to take note of this "simple" pair of speakers. The speakers get the job done extremely well. And it doesn't use a bulky, box-like AC adapter; its internal power supply fixes that problem. Also, the speakers don't have a subwoofer. I know, I know, some people prefer a subwoofer and I used to have one myself. Still I can't tell the difference; this speakers sound exceptional without one.
Plus it has microphone and headphone ports, so after you hook up these speakers the ports become incredibly accessible! I definitely recommend these speakers for anyone.
And I think this pair is essential for computers with internal speakers. There nothing like having a volume control knob (especially when the alternatives are annoying sound control slider bars or keys).
on January 16, 2001
These speakers have great sound quality, and they also have great bass and trebble control. I listen to music that demands good base and they work great! I use them with my portable CD player and my computer, and for both they can handle the bass turned up all the way without sounding snowy
on June 20, 2000
These speakers rock! I was just picking up some basic speakers to hear my CD's on my home computer and did not want to spend a fortune, but these things go to 11! No buzz or fuzz like my old cheapies either. For the money...a sweet deal.
VINE VOICEon June 11, 2001
These speakers are a big improvement over the built-in speakers on my laptop. They are not to large, but provide excellent sound. The AC adapter block is considerably small, a surprise for multimedia speakers. Headphone jack is convenient too. Bass, mid-range, and highs are all good. Don't be fooled by the 2 watt rating - they sound like 10 watts or more! They are definitely worth it for any user who needs a simple two-speaker system.
on June 7, 2001
I bought these for the office since I didn't really need the high end, high watt speakers there. I am very impressed with the big sound from these small speakers, much better bass response than most small cheap speakers. Not near the performance of my Altec Lansings at home but great for the office!
on September 19, 2002
I purchased these speakers with a rebate and got them for next to nothing. They have a volume and treble/bass control on the front of the right speaker as well as a button to simulate 3d sound. The right speaker also has a mic and headphone jack. The overall sound quality is a step up from unpowered standard pc speakers but it is not on par with other pc speaker systems that cost just a little bit more. If you are looking for an inexpensive upgrade from non powered speakers and can get these at a reduced price you shouldn't be dissapointed. If you are looking for good quality sound for say MP3's then look to a Altec Lansing system or other brand with seperate sub-woofer.
on June 11, 2000
While visiting a friend of mine I was treated to a sound that just mesmerized me. We were watching a program that I can't even remember the name of.Even though I can not recall the name I will never forget the sound that was coming from the speakers on his surround theater system.I was able to close my eyes and see what I was hearing it was that clear.I liked those speakers so I went and purchased my very own set.I am very happy that i did my LCS-1070 3-Ds are great.