Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,788 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,850 reviews
on February 14, 2016
With the passing of David Bowie, I realized I had some of his best music on CD but had never seen this movie. So for $5, I couldn't pass it up. This story follows Sarah who has an active imagination and is quite a dreamer. When she makes a wish for the goblins to carry her baby brother away, she realizes just how vivid her imagination is and goes on a journey to rescue him that leads her through many perils full of interesting characters. David Bowie plays the character of Jareth easily and comfortably as if it's no act. The music is all Bowie, the muppets are all Jim Henson and together it's a magical journey well worth the few dollars spent. I'm glad I did.
on January 4, 2015
I missed this movie in 1986 when I was a kid. I wish there were more to
this 1999 DVD (like bloopers or deleted scenes). But I do like the documentary
Inside the Labyrinth and I love the movie. I wish I had seen this when I was
a kid. Sarah is a brat at first (with no help from her mother, father, or stepmother),
but as the movie goes on she changes as she roams the Labyrinth and I really
like her at the end. I wish though that we had more Jareth (I do like him!). He
was an interesting character even though it was a bit creepy with him trying to
court/seduce Sarah at the masquerade. I love the songs (Magic Dance, Within You,
Underground to name a few). I love the characters of Hoggle, Ludo, and Sir Didymus.
This is a must watch movie! Might be a little scary for young children.
on September 21, 2012
This is one of those cult classic movies I grew up with as a kid that seemed like no one else my age knew about. Yet as I have gotten older, it seems like everyone and their mom grew up watching this. I grew up with Muppets, Fraggle Rock and all that. This movie has great design aspects from Brian Froud and the Muppets in this movie are some of the best ever filmed. I don't typically like musicals but the musical numbers in this movie are mainly David Bowie and some Muppets. Mostly the musical numbers in this movie are like random, trippy music videos from the 1980's. This movie is still cool after all these years, the effects mostly hold up and it looks crisp on Blu-Ray.
on December 16, 2005
This was a gift to Me for Yule. I have to say that I was amazed with this set! The "limited edition animation cell" is actually like a 2-dimensional lithograph which fits into a 5x7 frame quite nicely. I placed a small strip of cardboard across the bottom and top between the two layers to maintain their individual dimensions. It looks absolutely stunning within the gilded frame.

While there is no added footage/film-time with the collectors set, the bonuses and extras make this SO worth the money spent! It is a true delight to own!

Brian Froud's postcards of the goblins he created for this cinematic work are priceless, and I've put them in a small post-card-sized photo album to keep them in good shape.

This is a definite must have for any real fan of the movie.

I gave this Collector's Edition Boxed Set a 4.6/5 rather than a 5 because I felt it really should have showcased David Bowie's music more. I really would have appreciated an additional disk, or even a couple of music videos added to this set, to make it complete.
on March 3, 2016
It's one of my all time favorite movies, but I found the bluray version to be mediocre. There were moments when the audio didn't match up quite right with the picture, and some of Hoggles lines changed from the original. Frankly, it annoyed me. But seriously, it is still the greatest movie! David Bowie is a god!
on March 11, 2016
I Really!! Like this Movie I Like All types of movies Like this . Next Time I'm Going To See Alice in Wonder Land Movie on Amazon Prime time Video.David Bowie is great And He Looks Handsome,To Be Gobblin King in this Movie.
on April 7, 2017
I forgot how fabulous this movie is. David Bowie was spot on perfect. The effects of course are dated, but it is still a great fun movie.
on April 20, 2017
A family favorite for over thirty years now! I loved it as a child, then my 19 year old daughter was hooked and now my seven year old son loves it.
on March 2, 2017
My all time favorite movie. It released the day after I was born. I can not in any way reflect the way this movie makes me feel. It is my go to movie. I will be 80 years old watching this..
on March 6, 2017
Very entertaining, fun movie. Bowie stole the show, what a talent. Producers saved a ton of money on Bowie's costumes as it looked like he wore his everyday wear for that period in his life.