Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Labyrinth: From The Original Soundtrack Of The Jim Henson Film
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 20, 1999
I love this cd to death! Some of my favorite tracks are #1,3,7, and the last one Underground. We have all seen the movie and heard the music. If not then I highly suggest watching it. The music in my opinion takes me to another world of joy and excitement. Listen to some of the examples and try to imagine being somewhere else. That should help you decide that it is a great cd and a must for every music collection. David Bowie and Trevor Jones did a wonderful job with it. Two thumbs up or 5 Stars and a half.
on August 2, 1998
What an excellent film and what a very, very beautiful score for such a beautiful love story about a young girl and a king! You get the original score from the film 'Labyrinth' and you also get the talented song writing and singing of David Bowie. The movie's score goes perfect with the movie and it's quite appropriate, because after all, it was the 80's still. As for the songs, 'Underground', 'As the World Falls Down', 'Magic Dance', 'Chilly Down', and the opening tile, it's excellent! The romantic 'As the World Falls Down' almost made me cry one time, because of the beautiful music box-like music as well as the lyrics. So therefore, I highly recommend this to anyone you loves 'Labyrinth' and who loves dreaming. : D
on February 23, 2006
I have been a Jim Henson fan since I was young. It's sad that I was never able to see Labyrinth back during it's prime but I did however become attatched to The Dark Crystal. Now that I am older, I finally bought Labyrinth. And three hours later I went out and bought the Soundtrack.

The soundtrack is an amazing soundtrack. When I listen to it I can clearly invision the scenes from the movie. I have become a small fan of David Bowie and his singing voice (not to mention his many vocal talents). I am in love with "As The World Falls Down" because it's one of those songs that can sing you to sleep, whisper in your ear. It's a beautiful melody that is played throught the movie.

But what I really think deserves a lot of credit is Trevor Jones hauntingly synthizied score. It reminds me of the 80's! "Sarah" has to be my favorite track, because of its almost hypnotic fairy-like melody and the interweving of Jareth's theme. And the last insturmental, "Home At Last", when Sarah sees her friends from the other world wish her a farewell.

"...If you need us."

And then the reprise of Underground on a more happier theme!

Clearly, if you are a fan of 80's music, David Bowie, Jim Henson, fantasy, Trevor Jones--in final words, GET THIS SOUNDTRACK! Even if you are not that much of a Bowie fan, you will learn to at least appreciate him! :)
on January 11, 2016
Seriously?? I had purchased 2 songs from this album years ago and with the death of David Bowie today, was hoping to get the rest. This album was classic and so was this movie. I hope they make it available again.
on March 16, 2001
I cant tell you how excited I was to find this cd! I have the movie (that took a while to find!), and now the cd to go with it. This was my favorite childhood movie (I'm now 17), and I used to watch this every time my aunt would baby sit us. I still watch it at least once a month. If you liked the movie, and are thinking about getting the cd, listen to it here online. It is actually so much better than what they have time to show you here. This is a perfect gift (even better if they have the movie), for anyone who likes stuff like 'the muppet show,' the old t.v. show 'fraggle rock,' books like 'where the wild things are,' and any of Jim Henson's other movies. This is a great show for parents to sit and watch with their children; its exciting enough for both to like it. It has all of the ingredients kids want in a movie: a good story line, a brave young girl setting out on an adventure; monsters (but not too scary), a whole bunch of interesting muppet-like characters; and my personal favorite, the fox-dog looking 'knight,' Sir Dittimus. The story takes you through a maze full of twists, turns, and surprises; a goblin city; a smelly swamp; a jungle with 'fire monsters,' and the goblin king's own castle. This is a great movie for kids, and the cd is great for at home, or long car rides. If you're thinking of getting it, I can promise that most aren't disappointed with it. 14 years later, I still like it.
on June 15, 2000
'Allo! If you've seen the movie and love that little worm as much as I do, buy the soundtrack! I've loved this movie from the very first time I saw the commercial, yes, I was one of the unfortunate who didn't see it until it came on TV. My very, very favorite song is "Home at Last" because I love sad music, and that is just beautiful. I also love "Sarah" and the "opening titles". I'm one who's not really into dancing though, but whenever "Magic Dance" or "Chilly Down" comes on, I'm glad I'm not in public or I would embarass myself! HA! "As the World Falls Down" has always been one of my favorites, but "Home at Last", though instrumental, has to be my alltime favorite song. I love absolutely everything about this soundtrack, every song, every melody. Just get it ok! =0)
on August 31, 2003
As if getting to watch David Bowie sing and dance on a cult classic movie with the muppets wasn't good enough, the soundtrack to the movie has proven to be every bit as enjoyable as the film that spawned it. Alternating the instrumental score work of Trevor Jones with Bowie's original songs, the sounds that played such an important part in the movie are equally impressive when listened to on their own.
The Bowie contributions run the range from very fun, relatively light-weight songs such as "Underground", "Chilly Down", and "Magic Dance", to more serious and somber songs such as the beautiful "As The World Falls Down" and "Within You". The score blends perfectly with David's compositions, and really ties the soundtrack together into a great listening experience.
For anyone who enjoyed watching David Bowie and the goblins, (tights, big fuzzy wig, and all) this soundtrack is a must have and is guaranteed to leave you with a smile on your face and wondering where you left your copy of the video.
on November 1, 1998
In my life few CDs have brought me as much enjoyment and as many hours of listening pleasure as the Labyrinth soundtrack. If you are a David Bowie fan or just a fan of Labyrinth itself, this album is a must have! David Bowie works his magic with the help of the other composers and voice talents. The only complaint I have is that they changed the songs from the movie to the soundtrack and re-recorded them, which you can tell in "Magic Dance" because in the movie the goblins had voice characters, and in the song David had to do the voices, and they extended the song an extra couple of minutes. No matter, because this album is pure magic!
on August 24, 1999
Truly a masterpiece done by David Bowie and Jim Henson. The movie itself was such an overwhelming creation of Jim Henson's magic and the icing of the cake was the very appropiate David Bowie (in tight's!!). The soundtrack is one of my most treasured. Being a David Bowie die-hard fan and owning every album ever existed:I find this to be one of his most amazing. It reveals nothing but honest talent. From 'As the world falls down" and "With-in you" to "chilly down" (which reveals his silly side along with "Magic dance") it's a wonderful addition to his world of music!!!!
on October 16, 1999
I thought I was the only one who liked this! I saw the movie ages ago and I just loved it. I've been listening to my worn out cassette ever since. Decided to look for a CD and realized I wasn't the only one. Who would have thought anyone else was listening?! The music is whimsical and airy. The songs are fun and they transfer me back to innocent days of youth. I would definitely recommend this one to any Bowie fans as well as anyone who wants to listen to some sweet/sad/goofy great songs! Get the movie too! Great for kids and adults alike.