|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $10.00 (67%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Lacuna: The Sands of Karathi Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
- Publication Date : May 5, 2012
- File Size : 5717 KB
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print Length : 334 pages
- ASIN : B0080XLF2Q
- Publisher : David Adams; 1st edition (May 5, 2012)
- Language: : English
- Simultaneous Device Usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Page Numbers Source ISBN : 1494345765
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #805,614 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The fact that we get to meet some interesting new characters really adds to the value of this read, while not taking away from the introduction of new technology that also works to sweeten the mother lode of gold in this story. It can only get better!
I really have no negatives on this one with the exception of the fact that I am still a little distracted by the fact that we still have an OPERATIONS ROOM rather than THE BRIDGE, the crew still use CLIPBOARDS and PENS rather than ELECTONIC DATA PADS, RADIOS/WALKIE/TALKIE/HEADSETS rather than VOICE ACTIVATED COMM (Think Bluetooth for cellphone even)and why do we have HINGED DOORWAYS that require the old fashioned DOOR KNOCK rather than SLIDING DOORS with an ELECTONIC ALERT. I would think that on a starship with JUMP/VOID DRIVE that this would not be too much to ask for!!
So...what it really boils down to is this....I am hooked on this series and hate to see it end but I know it is doomed to do so soon. Maybe Mr. Adams can see his way to continue this series after his JUMP DRIVE to stardom as a best selling author and make us SI-FI fans happy!!! We can but hope!
This is truly a great read folks....try it!!
1. the aliens forbid mankind from making the voidwarp so we do it in secret but they already know we have it when the scout ship shows up...
2. the aliens are out for blood after we demolish their prison installation, but 5 cruisers let the 2 human ships run to the jump point without using their worldshatter guns...
3. aliens possess voidwarp drive that allows jumps to anywhere but do not follow humans when they jump from prison planet system...
4. captain allows an alien AI to take over her ship without ANY failsafe in place. marines must run across tje ship to cut the cord, when any idiot eouldve had those marines standing in position
5. no consequences like being relieved of duty for #4?
6. captain allows AI to destroy 50000 of saara's people, and saara just lets it go? no mention of this affecting her? Of her relationship wih the captain after the captain ignored her advice?
These are the logical problems that hold this series back from being great
I also disliked how she seems to keep everything she finds on board her ship. Realistically, after each new technological find, the ship would return to earth to study and share it. Especially the AI/new jump drive. It is also never explained how the second ship jumps to the final battle without it. They would have spent the time and effort to equip both ships before attacking.
Top reviews from other countries
The style is good and there is lot of action, but unfortunately the story is lacking from everywhere.