Other Sellers on Amazon
Ladies and Gentlemen...Mr. B.B. King Box set
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Celebrating his 50th Anniversary signing to ABC-Paramount Records in 1962 we bring you this multi-format career retrospective. Leading the way with a slick 10 CD, 194 track collection chronicling his entire career from his first recordings in 1949 through to his most recent studio album.
Housed in a beautiful deluxe box including a 72-page, silver-gilded hardback book, featuring essays from Ashley Kahn and Dick Shurman. Also packed with glorious images and memorabilia, illustrating this incredible career. All lovingly assembled and with mastering supervised by Grammy® Award-winning consultants Bill Levenson and Andy McKaie.
- Two CDs chronicling his early years on Bullet, Modern/RPM and Kent/Crown Records
- Eight CDs chronicling his recording achievements on ABC-Paramount, ABC Bluesway, ABC, ABC/Impulse, MCA and Geffen Records, as well as high profile collaborations
- Highlights include key recordings from every ABC/MCA/Geffen era album
- Rare, non-album singles
- Rare album tracks
- Rare One Touch EP tracks
- Collaborations with Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, U2,Elton John, Robert Cray, Etta James, Bonnie Raitt, Gary Moore, Bobby Blue Bland, and others.
- Packaging to feature career spanning photos and memorabilia, essays by noted authors Ashley Kahn and Dick Shurman, extensive recording credits
Top Customer Reviews
Released September 2012 - "Ladies & Gentlemen...Mr. B.B. King" comes in 2 forms - a 4CD Box Set and a 10CD version - and to confuse matters both are rather lazily given the same title. The 10-disc Box Set is catalogue number Universal 0600753384992 (Barcode 600753384992) - while this review is for the 4CD version on Universal 0600753390863 (Barcode 600753390863) and that set breaks down as follows:
Disc 1 (1949-1964) - 77:67 minutes:
1. Miss Martha King (1949 USA 78" on Bullet 309, A)
2. When You Baby Packs Up And Goes (1949 USA 78" on Bullet 309, B-side to "Miss Martha King")
3. B.B. Boogie (1950 USA 78" on RPM 304, A)
4. She's Dynamite (1951 USA 78" on RPM 323, A)
5. Three O'Clock Blues (1951, USA 7" single on RPM 349, A)
6. Woke Up This Morning (1953, RPM 380, A)
7. Blind Love (1953, RPM 395, A)
8 When My Heart Beats Like A Hammer (1954, RPM 412, A)
9. You Upset Me Baby (1954, RPM 416, A)
10. Ten Long Years (1955, RPM 437, A)
11. Bad Luck (1956, RPM 468, A)
12. Troubles, Troubles, Troubles (1957, RPM 492, A)
13. Early In The Morning (1957, RPM 492, A)
14. Everyday I Have The Blues (1959, Kent 327, A)
15. (I've) Got A Right To Love My Baby (1960, Kent 333, A)
16. It's My Own Fault (1960, Kent 333, B-side to "(I've) Got A Right To Love My Baby")
17. Walking Dr. Bill (1960, Kent 350, A)
18.Read more ›
The book, though I'm not far into it, is fabulously written with awesome pics. And it's got silver-lined pages. How cool is that?
I'm taking these discs out one time, transferring them to my itunes, then I'm going to find a way to display them as artwork.
What a treasure!
The hardback book that accompanies the CDs is beautifully produced - despite a typo - would that Sony Legacy provide Bill Withers the same dignified treatment rather than slapping 9 already released CDs into a box. The mastering is first rate as is the selection of track order. Despite the book and the box, the packaging is just okay - putting the CDs into disc trays bound into the book rather than crappy cardboard sleeves would have provided a less fragile environment for the music. Opening the tightly shrink wrapped sleeves requires care!
One final point that I did not understand was why this was an "Amazon exclusive". There seemed to be no extra CD or mp3 file associated with the purchase. It turns out that Amazon apparently has the exclusive to sell this set from UMG right now - another source who had listed the set for $84 was unable to deliver it because "the manufacturer removed it from their release schedule" - the shape of things to come?
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a wonderful overview of the illustrious Mr. King's amazing musical legacy, bringing together all the components of his career...Published 2 months ago by K Link
An awesome career spanning box set. Ten cd's , all jammed packed with great music from the blues legend. Each cd has at least 1 hour and 15 minutes of music. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Don
I was told I will get a refund on my order,will wait and see,if it is true will think about it before I order again,it has been a disapointing purchsase.Published 12 months ago by albert a. schafer
An outstanding collection of music showcasing highlights from throughout the amazing career of one of the greatest blues men of all time.Published 13 months ago by Darryl Hunt