Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on February 27, 2010
Haywood Smith has really gone beyond the Red Hat books with this wonderful book. From the first chapter you know all the characters and can actually visualize them. This book studies the personalities of 4 sisters and their families. From chapter one to the very last page you are with the characters laughing and enjoying their escapades. I hope Haywood continues to write books like this one. This is the best read I have had in a long while. Even people who are not avid readers will enjoy this book. I loved this book so much that I purchased 6 extra copies for friends and the Nevada Cancer Institute in Las Vegas. The patients at the Nevada Cancer Institute are involved in a contest to cast this book as a movie. They are being asked to say who they think should play the roles of the characters. What a great way to take your mind off your troubles. This book is a wonderful escape and every page is awesome. Buy this book and you will be back for more for your friends.
on March 5, 2017
Some plot twists were predictable - others weren't revealed until the very end! Couldn't put it down. Our Book Club had a blast​ reading this one.
on July 18, 2017
Great book!! You will love it!!
on January 28, 2013
This book was recommended by a friend. It is definitely worth the read. It offers great humor as well as reality of daily life. I wasn't sure what I'd think about it, but I am reading it now & find it to be a page-turner. If you're looking for an entertaining book, this is one to put on your list.
on May 29, 2017
So many references to places in Ga. Many that I had forgotten until reading the charming book. Cute. Fun. Loved the personalities of each sister
on June 7, 2017
I love the stories that Haywood shares of her southern belles. This one like the Red Hat Society, had me laughing out loud.
on December 30, 2013
I was camping last summer and came upon a Haywood Smith book in the camp store on the swap table. I read the book and became hooked. She makes me laugh and cry at the same time. Very entertaining and so "real to life" are her words. Can't get enough of her. That book was Mimosa Branch and I have just now finished Ladies of the Lake. My husband thinks I have nothing else to do now that I have my new kindle.

gigi
on June 22, 2015
One of my favorite books of all times!
on September 4, 2013
Hated this book for many reasons. Predictable ending, forced attempt to add sex scene, main character who was impossible to like or sympathize with. How could her husband borrow money on their home without her NOTARIZED signature? Impossible!! And then for her to actually pay it back was just stupid. Don't bother with this one.
on March 11, 2011
My Book Group selected LADIES OF THE LAKE by Heywood Smith and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the characters might be a little too good or a little too bad, but after all, it is fiction. Sometimes it is fun to escape the realities of life and travel into a world that the good person is successful in the end. It is funny, sad..just delightful. As one of three sisters, I saw familiar personality traits. It was just a great book to be able to read quickly and truly enjoy.