Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 274 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 287 reviews
on February 13, 2016
I loved this novel. I haven't read the first two in awhile but that wasn't a problem. I read this one in a day. I love stories where a lot of it takes place after the wedding so we can see how couples endure hardships in their marriages.

PG to PG-13
on May 28, 2015
This was a nice continuation of the MacKay family story. We pick up with Evan as he journeys to "find himself" after the disappointment of his failure to win Hannah's hand in marriage. I liked Claire and her sassy attitude and thought her loyalty to her brother was noble (to a fault). She continued to make excuses for his bad behavior because of an action that happened in their past. The relationship with Clair and Evan was a bit rushed. I would have enjoyed a bit more build up in their attraction. It is nice to revisit the characters from the earlier books and get little glimpses of how their lives have gone since the previous story. I would still say that the first story in this series is my favorite, but this is still a good read.
on April 4, 2015
This is not a starry-eyed love story. There are trials, arguments and misunderstandings, but God's abiding love through His Son, Jesus, and His redemptive plan are at the core of if these stories. The author said it well through one of her characters. I can't be your salvation. You have to walk past me to get to Christ."
on September 22, 2017
Not to be disappointed the last book was a good as the first in the series.
Love how it brought it all together!
on June 30, 2013
Never being married, I can't say I know what this couple was going through, but I loved the story! It kept moving forward and the characters were all so well-defined! Though I don't think Evan really understood the fact that his cousin never stole Hannah from him. He couldn't still something that never belonged to him. I lost some respect for the man, simply because I don't think he EVER figured that out!!! If he should be made at anyone, it should be himself for falling for Hannah!

On Clare and Ian: I think Clare did baby Ian too much. I think she was still way to easy on him at the end of the book.

I loved the way the author made the intimate scenes so innocent. She didn't give too many details - left most to the reader's imagination, and that's how it should be. Private matters should be just that - private - even in a story!

The only real complaint I had was that the story ended to abruptly. I think a reunion scene should have been written before the epilogue...And some ground rules for Ian laid down.
on March 30, 2011
Ok so as we go through the series we have Abby and Connor from Daughter of Joy (Brides of Culdee Creek, Book 1) and the story of Hannah's romantic involvements in Woman of Grace (Brides of Culdee Creek, Book 2). However here now comes the story of Evan and Claire. Evan Connor is the heir to Culdee Creek as Connor's eldest son but when Hannah rejected him in Book 2 he does what he does best - he runs away again!

He meets Claire. He falls in love. He marries her and brings her home and it all happens so fast and with so little substance that the romance did not feel believable to me. Yet that may just be Kathleen Morgan's intentions because there are several characters in the book who question the 'whirlwind romance' as well.

Evan keeps the fact that Hannah is the woman who broke his heart a secret from Claire but as we know all that is in the dark must eventually come to light. But then is Claire justified to be so upset because she keeps quite a few secrets of her own? Some of which should have probably been shared before marriage!

Hmmm - anyways Claire and Evan's romance did not captivate me as much as the relationship between Claire and her brother Ian. Talk about true blood ties! I was drawn into the story of the siblings' relationship and really empathized wth Claire's fear for her out-of-control brother who lies and gets into trouble all the time. Claire's need to always be in control and the way she always assumes responsibility for her brother, thereby crippling him from truly maturing, is so very, very real!

OTHER STORY HIGHLIGHTS: A rapist who still needs a beat down, a not-so-happily-after marriage threatened by family ties, two youngsters who are moving way too fast, and a handsome pastor who stirs up some very sinful feelings (even though it may be unintentional! LOL!)
on November 14, 2016
I'm really enjoying reading about these ladies. Also, I met my husband of almost 20 years in Colorado Springs, which is often mentioned in this series. Additionally, I am Scottish on my Dad's side; so this particular book was even more special to me as I read. I look forward to reading the 4th book in this series.
on July 2, 2014
Yet again, Kathleen Morgan kept me glued to each page. I will say she made this more of a "how will this turn out?" & some added suspense, but still kept Christ and His love for us the primary focus..especially when we humans let our flesh and "will" be key in our decision making. Keeping our faith in Christ and doing His will is always the only way to live.

I plan to purchase the 4th book in the series as soon as I'm done writing this.
One aspect of this series, I am so happy the characters from the previous 2 books are part of the story, and how their faith helps the new characters.

R. Phillips
on April 15, 2015
I love the continuing story of the McKay clan. The story line is very realistic and great at keeping your attention. I could read about this family forever. Looking forward to the next book.
on November 12, 2016
This is a good read. It starts a bit slower than the first 2 books in the series but it worth reading through. It also could have used a better ending.

I love the Culdee Creek books. However this was probably my least favorite so far. I was concerned about buying book 4, but I'm so glad I did.