3 Year Lawn and Garden Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Plan begins at the end of the manufacturer's warranty and covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7.
- If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Lafuma LFM3123-6135 Futura XL Air Comfort Zero Gravity Recliner Frame, Acier Black
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$81.34 (23%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- BEST ZERO GRAVITY CHAIR - From the leading European garden furniture brand, Lafuma Futura XL Air Comfort extra-wide and extra-long zero gravity chair is a harmonious combination of ergonomics, convenience, durability and design.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE AND RECLINING - The Futura XL zero gravity recliner chair is designed for larger sizes, with a full range of upright and reclining positions. Use the armrest and foot bar to adjust with ease. Headrest cushion may be moved or removed.
- STEEL FRAME AND PATENTED DESIGN - Strong, steel tubing frame and our patented clip suspension system provides sturdy construction that allows quick fabric removal for cleaning. Folds compactly for storage or travel.
- HIGH-TECH AND HIGH COMFORT - This zero gravity recliner indoor or outdoor lounge chair features our durable, breathable, permeable, quick-drying, soft and UV-resistant Air Comfort 3-layer seat pad
- EXPERTISE AND EXCELLENCE - The Lafuma Futura XL Air Comfort zero gravity chair is made with excellence and expertise thanks to Lafuma’s 60+ years of experience with canvas + tubing design that all began in the French Alps.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Steel tubing frame, diameter 2 cm
- Closed dimensions L/H/D(cm): 29.92 in / 40.55 in / 9.84 in
- Open dimensions L/H/D(cm): 29.92 in / 49.21 in / 35.43 in
- Unit weight: 22.49 pounds
Lafuma Futura XL Air Comfort
Acier Relaxation Chair
The Lafuma Futura XL Air Comfort Zero Gravity Chair is a harmonious combination of ergonomics, convenience, durability and design. It is extra-wide and extra-long, designed to retain all the functionality of an outdoor lounge chair with the excellent comfort of a large format seat pad. Ideal for napping on the patio, sunbathing by the pool, reading a book in the garden, or simply taking a quiet moment indoors. The perfect zero gravity chair that folds up compactly for storage or travel.
- The Air Comfort seat pad: the '3 layers' of this technical seat pad combine breathable and permeable materials to offer great softness, unbelievable comfort, hyper breathability and quick drying time.
- Its clip system linking tubing and fabric: this Lafuma patented system ensures improved comfort, great ease of cleaning (both clipping and unclipping are quick) and a long life span.
- Reinforced seat bar which allows it to hold up to 150 kg.
- Finishes: adjustable and removable headrest cushion, foot glides and protective ring for footrest.
The Very Beginning
Lafuma's furniture range was derived from the founders extensive 'canvas + tubing' knowledge and experience. They took their expertise from the brand, which created the first metal-framed backpack, and used it to meet the needs of campers. The co-founded the Spoga sport and camping trade show in Germany and launched the first designs at the beginning of the 1950s.
Historic Heart of Production
The village of Anneyron (Drôme) has been the home for the design, manufacture and assembly of Lafuma's outdoor furniture for more than 60 years.
The plastic parts are made by the Lallemand company at its site in Le Vieu d’Izenave (Ain). The historic site naturally plays its part in sustainability: electricity is produced by 1500m2 of solar panels and the paint booths meet the strictest standards.
Lafuma also encourages local hiring and development, mainly employing local associates in the region as one of it's brand priorities. The brand has also forged strong links with its suppliers, ensuring quick turnaround times for replacements due to their geographic proximity.
In 'Lafuma's' Genes
Given Lafuma's 60 years of expertise and excellence in it's 'canvas + tubing' knowledge, many innovations have been created - including the well-known clip attachment system or the technical 'three layer' Air Comfort seat pad.
Most of the outdoor leisure chairs in the Lafuma Furniture range are subject to a patent, as they incorporate original mechanical devices which offer, for example, a sophisticated movement or a revolutionary suspension system.
And, over the past 20 years, the brand has gone on to file a dozen more patents for outdoor furniture.
From the leading European garden furniture brand, Lafuma Futura XL Air Comfort zero gravity chair is a harmonious combination of ergonomics, convenience, durability and design. Extra-wide and extra-long, the XL is designed for larger sizes. Retains all the functionality of an outdoor lounge chair with the excellent comfort of a large format seat pad. Nap on the patio, sunbathe by the pool, read a book in the garden, or simply take a quiet moment indoors. This zero gravity recliner indoor or outdoor lounge chair features our Air Comfort three-layer seat pad made with batyline fabric is breathable, quick-drying, soft, and resistant to UV radiation, mildew and fading, for optimum comfort and durability. Strong, steel tubing frame with reinforced seat bar holds up to 150kg. Patented clip suspension system means ergonomic support and quick access to fabric for cleaning. The Futura XL Air Comfort zero gravity recliner chair has a full range of upright and reclining positions. Simply use the armrest and foot bar to adjust with ease. Headrest cushion may be moved where needed and removed for easy cleaning. A perfect zero gravity chair for your balcony, patio, garden, poolside, reading room or beside the fireplace. Folds compactly for storage or travel. Since 1954, Lafuma has been known as the leader in recliners, outdoor furniture and accessories. Starting as a backpack manufacturer in the French Alps offering high-quality canvas + tubing designs, Lafuma is now a worldwide provider of a full line of outdoor gear made with expertise and excellence. Steel tubing frame, diameter 20 mm
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Second: The chair itself. The chair was comfortable and quite easy to move into the correct positions. I used it in the "astronaut position" i.e. all the way down. Things went well for 6 nights until last night when I woke up because my upper body was horizontal instead of being angled up (see first picture of chair). With a bit of a struggle I managed to get off the chair and discovered that the metal tubing had bent beyond the gentle curve as designed (see picture 2). Upon closer inspection, this is a natural place for a failure: first the tube is bent there, second, there is a metal rod attached to the tube that is part of the adjustment system. This creates a natural stress-riser and is the first place the back of the chair will fail.
There are 2 possibilities: first inadequate design, the tubing may be OK for people well below the maximum weight allowed (330 lbs). I weigh 260 lbs. Second, a Quality Control issue. Although the chair is assembled in France, perhaps the tubing is imported from somewhere else and is weaker than was originally planned. This latter point is supposition. The point is that the chair should NOT have failed after a week! I really wanted to love this chair and for the the first 6 nights I did.
My suggestion is that Lafuma consider a redesign based on the findings of an engineering Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
Two of our chaise lounges need new cushions, so we had to rethink as the replacement price was silly.
Saw these and, although the price was intimidating, we know our outdoor space might be worth it.
Arrived and the comfort exceeds our expectations. Wonderfully engineered: attractive, sturdy and an ergonomic joy.
We shopped locally for a ZGC and found, even at the $175 price point, total garbage. The locks didn't lock and when they did, there were set positions. The frames were really cheap using aluminum/tinny metal tubes like $30 lawn chairs found in Garden Departments of big box stores. Some were very creaky looked dangerous and felt uncomfortable. They wouldn't last a season.
On the basis of good reviews here and via Google, we decided to go for it and buy this one. The result is that it's so good another one is on its way to us.
This is the most comfortable lawn chair I've ever owned. Although it's 18 pounds I consider it light due to the excellent construction and heavy-duty materials used. It reminds me of my Aeron Office Chair which I've had for decades and is totally indestructible in that it's so well thought out. The black metal glides back and forth. It can lock in any position and the lock stays locked. The cushions are well padded and couldn't be more comfortable.
One pleasant surprise we found is that the Amazon page lists it as having a two-year warranty. But the paperwork that came with it showed a five-year warranty. Lafumama knows that it makes a quality product and backs it up.
Thinking in the long term, this is not really expensive and will most likely never need replacing. It's a quality product at a fair price.
L3-4 and L4-5) but the chair has been a life-saver for him. He only left the chair to go to the bathroom. The one thing that would have been great is if the arms were wider and padded. Or maybe if we could purchase an add on of some kind.