Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Laguiole 6 Piece Steak Stainless Steel Knife Set in Wooden Case
|Price:||$55.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The knives are perfectly weighted and precisely sharpened for better control with even the thickest steaks
- As per tradition, the Laguiole bee is etched on each utensil handle as a sign of fine craftsmanship
- The memorable gift set is presented inside a wooden keepsake box with metal hardware
- Materials: Stainless steel
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
This item Laguiole 6 Piece Steak Stainless Steel Knife Set in Wooden Case
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Fun Stuff For Sale||Amazon.com||Our Pampered Home||Chefs Corner Store|
This beautifully crafted six-piece stainless steel knife set offers an impressive display when hosting a dinner. The durable triple-riveted handles are weighted for easy control and leverage. Sharp non-serrated edges on the 9" knives make easy work of thick steaks. The famous Laguiole bee is etched on each handle in honor of the centuries-old tradition of craftsmanship made famous by Laguiole knife makers. Includes wooden case.
Top customer reviews
And I absolutely love these steak knives. My wife and I bought a set after noting how nicely they performed in serious steak restaurants, and we got a set; now we can never go back. Prior to this set of knives, my knife of choice for eating steak was a Henckels Professional S series paring knife... not ideal, but better than most of the alternatives on the market.
- Serrated knives tear the muscle fibers of the meat that you're enjoying, rather than cutting them. This can make the meat feel sort of mushy or fibrous near the edges--an altogether unpleasant texture. Serrated edges are great for bread, but there's a reason your butcher uses non-serrated knives for their cuts. It's a shame that the majority of steak knives out there are serrated.
- Large knives reduce control. I know, you're cutting a steak, so it doesn't matter as much, because what's the worst that could happen? And it's true, there's not much that could go wrong here. But there is a certain pleasure in just having your tools do what they're supposed to; in cutting through meat like it's butter into nicely sized chunks. These knives are really well balanced, insanely sharp, easy to sharpen, and I also love that it has a full tang; I once had a cheap knife snap off on me at the joint between blade and handle, which was pretty scary.
Truth is that made be skeptical when I bought these for my wife for Christmas.
Truth is, I don't care where they come from. They are beautiful and extremely functional. Bought set of eight to use for our New Years dinner party (steak dinner) and they were perfect.
Price is right, knives are great. Don't know if they'll last a lifetime or for many generations, but at this price I'll buy another set in 5-7 years if I need to.
Pros: Quality look, sharp edges, nice wood box. Really impressive overall look.
Cons: Don't let the French name fool you, they come with giant "made in China" stickers on each blade. They were easily removed. Fortunately it wasn't also etched into the blade.
We'll see how they look after some use. With everything else coming from China I won't downgrade too much just for that unless it also means they don't hold up. Will update rating then.
The box is junk but it serves its purpose of a way to safely store your knives. I thought of going with 4 stars because of the box but I know I wouldn't want to pay more for a fancy box. I do wish that they would offer a set of eight.