|Item Weight||266 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||18 x 25 x 70.25 inches|
|Item model number||MBAND1412-175|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Color||Black / Gray|
|Power Source||Electric Powered|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Blade Length||115 Inches|
Laguna Tools MBAND1412-175 14 x 12 Bandsaw, Black/Grey
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|Blade Length||115 Inches|
|Power Source||Electric Powered|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||18 x 25 x 70.25 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Motor: 13/4HP, TEFC, 60Hz. , Voltage: 115V, amperage: 14/7 (115/230V), 6' Cord with NEMA 5-15P plug
- Csa certified, Illuminated on/off direct start switch with safety key, Pre-Wired 115V outlet for light
- Steel frame construction, pyramid spine, cast iron wheels, cast iron 211/2" X 16" Micro-polished table surface
- Resaw capacity: 12", throat capacity: 13 5/8", blade length: 115", aluminum rip fence: 18" X 5 1/2" X 1/2"
- Heavy Duty Cast Iron Trunion 8" X 13", Table Tilts Right: 45Degree, Left: 7Degree, Positive Stop at 90Degree with Micro Adjust. Min. Blade Width: 1/8 inches
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The 14|12 Bandsaw is a 110 Volt saw that feels like a 220. Features include pyramid shaped spine, 1 ¾ HP TEFC Motor, quick release tension, 115 volt outlet and micro polished 21 X 16″ table mounted onto oversized Trunion paired with Aluminum Hi/Low Fence. Solid Cast Wheels are electronically, dynamically balanced & fitted with polyurethane one-piece tires designed to run cooler & last longer than conventional tires. The worm gear & pinion is ultra-smooth and engineered to have minimum flex even when fully extended. Double windows allows you to check both tension & tracking while the machine is running.
Compare with similar items
WEN 3962 Two-Speed Band Saw with Stand and Worklight, 10"
Laguna Tools 110v 1.75hp Bandsaw with 12” Resaw and 38” Table Height - Model mband14bx110-175, Black
WEN 3959 2.5-Amp 9-Inch Benchtop Band Saw
Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw With Fence, 10-Inch
SKIL 3386-01 120-Volt 9-Inch Band Saw with Light
|Sold By||CT Power Tools||Amazon.com||CT Power Tools||Amazon.com||Tool Deals||Amazon.com|
|Included Components||stand||Bare-Tool||14BX Bandsaw||Bandsaw||2" Tall fence||band saw, 6 tip blade, miter guide, rip fence|
|Item Dimensions||18.00 x 25.00 x 70.25 inches||20.00 x 25.00 x 58.00 inches||22.50 x 17.50 x 70.25 inches||19.00 x 14.10 x 29.00 inches||35.50 x 18.00 x 13.00 inches||31.15 x 16.25 x 12.75 inches|
|Power Source||Electric Powered||—||—||—||ac||Electric Powered|
Two years in the making, Laguna is finally ready to introduce the 14|12. This is Laguna's first foray into the 110 Volt segment. The result is an amazing feat. Features include pyramid spine, 1 3/4 HP TEFC Motor, quick release tension, 115 volt outlet and micro polished 21" X 16" table mounted onto oversized Trunion paired with Aluminum Hi/Low Fence. Solid Cast Wheels are electronically, dynamically balanced and fitted with polyurethane one-piece tires designed to run cooler and last longer than conventional tires. The worm gear and pinion is ultra-smooth and engineered to have minimum flex even when fully extended. This is a trade mark of Laguna, just like the famous ceramic Laguna guides. Double windows allows you to check both tension and tracking while the machine is running. Options: Wheel System Industrial Flood Light: Quick Release Blade Tensioner w/ 6 and 11 O'clock stops, Precision Tension Scale, Hand Wheel Conveniently Mounted under Upper Cabinet, 4" Dust Port. Innovative Table Insert Forces Dust into Port, Laguna 10 Point Ceramic Blade Guides, Magnetic Blade Guard, Ultra Smooth Worm Gear-driven Rack and Pinion, Minimum Flex in Guide Post even when fully Extended, Premium Throat Plate 2-7/8" X 5-1/4" with Set Screws, Dynamically Balanced Cast Iron Wheels, Polyurethane Single Piece Cold Running Tires, Flat Poly-Groove Drive Belt, Massive Adjustable Lower Wheel Shaft, Blade Speed Optimized for Wood Cutting, Heavy Duty Enclosed Stand with Rubber Pads, Dual Windows Display Tracking and Tension Information, Euro Style Adjustable and Replaceable Door Hinges, Two-Tone Powder Coated Paint, World Class Fit /Finish. Please note that the flood light and wheel kit shown in the image is sold separately.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Manual is on top of styrofoam inserts. Assembly and use is very well documented. The video on assembly and set-up at Lagunatools.com is worth watching. It left out a few details covered in the manual, but it visually communicates better.
Contrary to the video and manual, I had no trouble assembling the entire machine without help, and I'm and old guy with arthritis. With the majority of the weight (the motor) on the lower third of the saw, I was able to lay the saw down to attach the base, then lift it upright.
Key features worth mention:
-Quick Release Blade Tensioner
- Precision Blade Tension Scale
- Blade change is very fast and easy.
-There is a plastic blade shroud in the lower cabinet to improve dust collection.
- There is almost no flex in the Guide Post even when fully extended.
- I like the aluminum Throat Plate...the set screws are a nice touch.
- it runs with no vibration. Puts my old Delta and Jet to shame.
- The mobility kit and light are worth the extra money. The mobility kit is well designed and easy to assemble. The light is also very functional, but was the most difficult part of the assembly! Little screws, and nuts are hard to reach while holding the heavy light in place.
- The stand is very sturdy, but a door and shelf inside would improve the utility.
- The Tracking window is a great touch, as is the Tension gauge/window
- Fit and finish is near perfect.
- The guides are functionally outstanding ! Adjusting the upper guides is very fast and easy. Lower guides are also easily adjusted for blade support, but one knob is almost impossible to reach without tilting the table.
- The trunnions are well designed as is the tilt mechanism.
- The fence. Very functional, and easy to adjust for drift, and switch from high to low. The only problem is the angle to the table can only be corrected with shims. Mine is off be 2-3 degrees, and shims are needed. Could have been better designed.
- Fence adjustment is easy. The scale is crude, and best used only for rough estimates. I always use a rule so it serves it's purpose for me.
- I did buy the Laguna Resaw King blade, and used it all morning. It is outstanding in every way and I can recommend it without reservation. I also bought a 3/8" Timberwolf blade for smaller radius cuts, but have not used it.
- Resaw performance and capacity is great. I almost went with the Powermatic PM1500 Just for the horsepower. I am sure the PM is a great saw. But also $2,000 more. The Laguna 1 3/4 horse motor has not slowed down on any cut of any material or size. I still want the 3hp, but only, it seems, to satisfy my macho side.
So, big picture, it's an excellent saw. Some minor complaints, but I'd buy it again.
The guides aren't great. The lower guide is positioned poorly which makes it difficult to get your hands underneath to adjust the knobs. I usually end up sitting on the floor to make changes. Although I'll say they work fine and the ceramic has held up well.
Asthetic. Maybe its just me but I think it looks bad. Bright metalic blue and red look very out of place in my shop, but that's just a preference.
The bolt that holds the table in place is in the way of the lower door opening. So every time I want to open that door I have to remove the handle and push the bolt up out of the way with my finger. To me this a very obvious silly mistake in the design that just adds an annoying step to blade changes and cleanings.
The fence is a bit flimsy, but functional. The lower cabinet fills with dust when making heavy cuts - especially with wet wood. And a few other small details I would complain about if this were a $1500+ saw, but nothing unexpected for a mid-tier saw.
Power. This is by a fair margin the most powerful feeling 115v saw I've used. I've resawn 13" hard maple and walnut and been pleased with the result. I had to go fairly slow through the maple, but it was steady and smooth and produced a fine consistent thickness.
I did stall the blade a time or two when cutting 13" wet oak logs for turning, but so long as a kept the cut open a bit to prevent pinching it kept going just fine. This job also tripped a circuit two times, although never when I was mid-cut.
Price. I don't know of a better saw in the $1,000 range, and I'd highly recommend this for garage shops and wood turners looking to cut blanks and wet wood and such on 115v.
Overall design. Its just very functional and well made. Power outlet for a light is handy. Blade changes are adequately simple. Fence system works fine even though its fairly minimal design. The motor is A+ #1. Wheel adjustments and blade tension are easy and precise. Etc.
The complaints are all minor, but enough to prevent me from giving this saw 5 stars.