|Item Weight||260 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||22.5 x 17.5 x 70.2 inches|
|Item model number||mband14bx220-250|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||New woodworking machines sold by Laguna Tools carry a one-year warranty effective from the date of shipping. Machines sold through dealers must be registered with Laguna Tools within 30 days of purchase to be covered by this warranty. Laguna Tools guarantees all new machine sold to be free of manufacturers' defective workmanship, parts and materials.|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Laguna Tools mband14bx220-250 220V 2.5 hp Bandsaw, Black
|Price:||$1,499.00 + $75.00 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 12" Resaw | Height: 70 1/4" 21 1/2" X 16" | Table Height: 38"
- 7Degree Table Tilt Left | 2 X 4" Dust Ports | Blade Length: 115" | Cast Iron Wheels
- Magnetic Starter | Dual Light Mount | 45Degree Table Tilt Right Max. | Blade Width: 3/4" | Pyramid-Shaped Spine
- Min. Blade Width: 1/8" | Footprint: 17 1/2" X 22 1/2" | Quick Release Tension | Magnetic Blade Guard
- Laguna Ceramic Guides | Hi/Low aluminum Fence | Worm Gear Rack & Pinion | Massive Cast Trunion 8"X13"
- This is an O.E.M. part
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
This item Laguna Tools mband14bx220-250 220V 2.5 hp Bandsaw, Black
|Shipping||$75.00||FREE Shipping||$109.00||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Woodcraft||Amazon.com||Grizzly||Acme Tools||FastoolNow||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||17.5 x 22.5 x 70.25 in||25 x 18 x 70.25 in||31 x 21 x 81 in||30 x 36 x 76 in||28 x 29 x 77 in||34 x 20 x 68 in|
The Laguna 14|bx is leading the evolution of bandsaws. World class fit, finish & design, heavy gauge solid steel frame & equipped with an ingenious patent pending disc-brake that shuts off power automatically is just the beginning. The 14|bx has been designed to run smoother with almost no detectible vibration improving overall performance. Magnetic on/off switch & dual mounting positions for the optional Pro Light System comes standard. Available in both 110 volt & 220 volt.
Top Customer Reviews
Other initial observations without having actually cut anything (I'll update later):
• The cardboard box arrived horizontally on a pallet, which made it easier to unload that a vertical box would have been. As an added bonus, I now have a large pallet for stacking all of the wood I can't resaw because the saw doesn't come with a blade.
• Even though it was packed in Styrofoam, one of the corners apparently took a hit in shipping so there's a minor chip in one corner of the base - Nothing was misaligned so it's not a big deal.
• The saw comes with rubber feet which screw into the four corners of the base with provided bolts.
• In case you want to lean forward on making your own mobile base before the saw arrives, the base measures 2 3/8" x 17 1/2" x 22 5/8". The opposite sides were closer to 17 9/16" and 22 11/16" so maybe leave 1/8" for play.
• The table is large and glorious, and the aluminum insert is thick. The insert has four set screws in the corners for leveling and a screw in the middle for holding it down. After struggling to get it to sit flush with the table, I took it back out and found it to be warped. I flattened it to a satisfactory degree on a sheet of sandpaper on the flat cast-iron table.
• The large aluminum fence is a big plus, but it was not square with the table. There are two set screws in the side that can be used for leveling, which seems like an inadequately-supported method but we'll see how it goes.
• I turned it on to test without a blade, according to the instructions, and it's remarkably quieter than the Jet 14" I just replaced, although that one had a blade in it and this one doesn't.
• The two dust collection ports look like they were well planned - The first catches dust immediately under the blade and the second catches whatever falls to the bottom. I bought some 4"-2.5" reducers so I could connect to my shop vac, but they were too small on the 4" end so I'll have to tape them on.
• The dust-removal brush on the bottom wheel has two loose bolts, and I can't see any way to get a wrench or my sausage fingers in there to tighten it, so I'm not sure how to fix that obvious design flaw. It should have been on the left side of the wheel.
• Considering the size of the table, it should also have a miter slot on the left side of the blade. The one on the right side seems a little too close to the edge.
• It does not come with a blade. The blade in the picture was purchased separately.
Update: Woodcraft found another blade, which I received today. As I've seen mentioned elsewhere, the knobs for the lower guide blocks are very difficult to adjust with man hands, but after some fiddling around they seem to be lined up well. The first cut was into an old chainsaw-cut oak turning blank that's been sitting in my shed for years. The wood is remarkably dense and heavy, but the saw did not struggle in the slightest bit and there was almost no vibration. I adjusted the tracking so the blade sits in the middle of the wheel, and it cut straight enough that I could push the wood straight along the fence. The end result was a surprisingly square, smooth, and flat block. I connected my shop vac only to the bottom port, but it seemed to capture enough dust for now. The saw is a keeper, but I'm leaving the review at four stars because of all of the little annoyances and adjustments that should have been properly set up in the factory.