Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest
Color: Peek-a-Boo Forest|Change

on August 20, 2012
The Peek-a-Boo Forest book (designed for ages 6m+) is very cute. Has very bright colors, and peek-a-boo flaps that lift away on each page to reveal a cute animal (e.g. move the tree to see the moose, move the leaf to see the owl, etc.). There are five two-page spreads - each asking "Who is hiding behind the [tree or whatever]?" on the lefthand side, then revealing an animal beneath a crinkly flap on the righthand side. The featured animals are a moose, an owl, a bear family, a raccoon, and a beaver. The front cover also features a bird with a raised, fuzzy, crinkly face. Between the bright colors, the repetitive peek-a-boo activity, and the simple text, this seems very age-appropriate for my 6mo old. And more importantly, he agrees - he loves it!

Note that these books are designed for different ages (the ones targeting older babies have a bit more of a storyline, etc.). Here are the guidelines for all of the different books in the series as given on the packaging:
0m+ Panda's Pals
12m+ Captain Calamari's Treasure Hunt
12m+ Baby on the Go
18m+ Counting Zoo
18m+ Captain Calamari's Color Adventure
33 comments| 941 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 11, 2016
I bought this for my first grandchild at Christmas 2016. She was 4 months old at the time. She absolutely loved it when she first saw it -- she loved the colors and the crinkly sounds the pages make, and of course -- as all babies will do -- she loved putting the 3-D velvet, colorful beak of the bird on the cover, in her mouth. My little Abigail is now 7 months old and this book continues to be one of her favorites!
review image
on August 12, 2014
The book is very cute, there are 5 pages of "peek-a-boo" flaps covering various animals. Each page has a crinkle sound when touched which is great for keeping young ones attention. The front cover has a plus 3-D owl head which also crinkles.

Here are my complaints:
the peek-a-boo cover for the last page of the book where it asks "who built this dam.." did not even remotely cover the beaver. Ok; so my 6 month old doesn't really understand that the beaver should be covered before the flap comes down to reveal it, but I do! The flap was sown too low, I corrected this by cutting out the page, using some red ribbon to reline the bottom of the cut out and then resewed it back into place properly.
Next, the back of the book gives play ideas, one is to "make the sounds of each animal you see in the book". The animals in the book are owl, moose, bear, raccoon, and beaver. I might just be really dumb when it comes to animal sounds, but how do you make moose, bear, raccoon, and beaver sounds?
Overall, cute book very colorful and my baby does like chewing on it:)
on November 5, 2013
not impressed...

pros: vibrant colors

cons: hardly any sensory textures, after hand washing it looks like it could use an iron (and since you can't iron this product it just looks flimsy and wrinkly)
I'm giving this product 3 stars. The Lamaze Tilly Tinklewings book is just ok, I'm disappointed that it's not as advertised. Only one page of the 5 page book is actually the Lamaze material, and it's not very crinkle-y sounding. I bought the book for its crunchy crinkle noise that my baby loves! It's a fun soft book with good colors and pictures, baby still likes to play with bad chew on it. But I thought the whole book was going to be made of the crunchy crinkle material.
on January 22, 2016
I highly recommend this book. It is great to get young minds interested in reading. The story and illustrations lend themselves very well to an interactive reading session with my one year old. The illustrations relate very well to the story, and it is easy after reading the sentence on each page to pause and point out things on the page. I find that my one year old points to the various characters as he hears the words (like Captain Calmari, the Sparkly Fish, etc.). As we have all probably experienced, some children's books are hard to read as adults; the "story" is silly and mind numbing. Not so with this book.
on September 13, 2017
There is nothing like having quiet entertainment in the car during long drives to visit family! This quiet book provides just that... sanity for mom and dad while the toddler enjoys some bright colors and fun textures. I couldn't imagine going on another interstate car ride again without having one of these! We ended up picking up a variety of quiet books too, and love all of them.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 18, 2016
Bought this for my baby right after she was born. I don't love some of the colors in the book, and the story is a bit lame - they rhyme beaver with achiever for instance, which was a bit much for a baby book - but my daughter LOVED this book for the crinkle aspect, the pictures, and the flaps that open and close. So it was definitely a hit. She didn't care for me reading it to her, but she dragged it around for about a year, pretty much every day. I would buy it again for others as a gift, unless I could find something very similar with a better story.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 20, 2015
This is a wonder cloth baby book. Each page has a peekaboo flap to see a forest animal. The book rhymes as well. It is very colorful and the flaps have a crumbly noise maker in them to bring babies attention to the peekaboo, I highly recommend buying this cloth book. I bought another cloth book on amazon called Giraffe and Friends and it is very poor quality compared to this book. I would buy more peekaboo books from Lamaze if there are more to buy because this book is fantastic
on November 22, 2017
Super cute little book with different textures, flaps with new words and pictures behind them, and an adorable story. Goes great alongside the Flip Flap Dragon plush. (The drawing of the dragon and actual dragon plush are practically identical). Very pleased.