Hill Climb Racing 2 BCA Month Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest
Color: Peek-a-Boo Forest|Change

on August 20, 2012
The Peek-a-Boo Forest book (designed for ages 6m+) is very cute. Has very bright colors, and peek-a-boo flaps that lift away on each page to reveal a cute animal (e.g. move the tree to see the moose, move the leaf to see the owl, etc.). There are five two-page spreads - each asking "Who is hiding behind the [tree or whatever]?" on the lefthand side, then revealing an animal beneath a crinkly flap on the righthand side. The featured animals are a moose, an owl, a bear family, a raccoon, and a beaver. The front cover also features a bird with a raised, fuzzy, crinkly face. Between the bright colors, the repetitive peek-a-boo activity, and the simple text, this seems very age-appropriate for my 6mo old. And more importantly, he agrees - he loves it!

Note that these books are designed for different ages (the ones targeting older babies have a bit more of a storyline, etc.). Here are the guidelines for all of the different books in the series as given on the packaging:
0m+ Panda's Pals
12m+ Captain Calamari's Treasure Hunt
12m+ Baby on the Go
18m+ Counting Zoo
18m+ Captain Calamari's Color Adventure
33 comments| 910 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2016
I thought this was the perfect first book for my grandson. It's a cloth book so baby won't be tearing the pages and it won't hurt if he chews on it a little either.
Each page has a crinkly material sewn into it so it makes a soft crinkling sound when he grabs ahold of it and he loves it! Never ceases to amaze me what can actually hold a babies attention and this keeps him entertained for a really long time!

We are avid campers, so I wanted to start educating him about the kinds of animals that live in the forest and why it's so important to not play with matches out there, and I think this book does that quite well. I love that they also show different places where animals may live, or be hiding, out in the woods so he knows that even tho he can't see them they are still living there somewhere.

I recommend this book for every baby!
on August 12, 2014
The book is very cute, there are 5 pages of "peek-a-boo" flaps covering various animals. Each page has a crinkle sound when touched which is great for keeping young ones attention. The front cover has a plus 3-D owl head which also crinkles.

Here are my complaints:
the peek-a-boo cover for the last page of the book where it asks "who built this dam.." did not even remotely cover the beaver. Ok; so my 6 month old doesn't really understand that the beaver should be covered before the flap comes down to reveal it, but I do! The flap was sown too low, I corrected this by cutting out the page, using some red ribbon to reline the bottom of the cut out and then resewed it back into place properly.
Next, the back of the book gives play ideas, one is to "make the sounds of each animal you see in the book". The animals in the book are owl, moose, bear, raccoon, and beaver. I might just be really dumb when it comes to animal sounds, but how do you make moose, bear, raccoon, and beaver sounds?
Overall, cute book very colorful and my baby does like chewing on it:)
on October 13, 2017
Peek-A-Boo forest is my baby's favorite book, and is often her favorite toy. For the past six weeks she has used the book for chewing, covering her face, crinkling, carrying it while rolling around, staring at the pictures in her chair while I get things done, and listening intently while I read it and show her the animals hidden from sight. At this age, very few books hold her attention, but Peek-A-Boo Forest not only holds her attention, but seems to be a friendly presence wherever she is playing. The quality of the book is great, and Lamaze does such a great job with their toy lineup. Definitely recommended.
on December 23, 2015
I bought this for my son when he was about 5 months old. Regular board books were too difficult for him to figure out, and because he was chewing everything the board books would get ruined, so I figured a cloth book would be a good solution. I was right. My son loved this instantly! He was obsessed with the crinkling pages. I showed him how to turn the pages and since it's cloth it was easy for him to learn. I honestly think it helped him graduate to bigger books. My kid is such a book worm now. 9 months old and he picks up regular board books and turns every page, then closes the book and does it over and over. I honestly think this book helped him a lot with that. He's outgrown it now that hes mastered board books but this was his first favorite. My only complaint is that it's polyester. I wish there was a non toxic option for this book, because i try to stay away from plastic, but there's not so oh we'll... I would recommend this book.
on April 29, 2017
Love the price, love that is soft and baby can entertain him self with it in the car or at home. Love that it rhymes and I love how sweet it is. Baby loves chewing on it and feeling the texture. It is definitely a good purchase for the price and I feel like it encourages the child to hold a book look through the pages and get excited about reading in the future.
Definitely not as elaborate as other books, but for the price I feel like it's a pretty nice purchase. The child seems to really entertain himself, and right now my son is going through a phase where he's bringing everything to his mouth and against his face so I like the fact that I think I could wash this.
on December 26, 2016
This book is a great developmental book for different stages of baby-hood. My daughter loves it! We bought it a little young, but starting about 3-4 months she loved to grab it and feel the crinkly texture in her fingers. It's light enough for her to hold up on her own so as she started rolling over she was able to hold it up above her. She's especially loving it now at 6 months as she's teething - she loves the texture on her gums. And she's been loving the 'peek-a-boo' game as well. We've bought one as a gift and will continue to give as gifts. Highly recommend!
on April 5, 2017
I'm giving this product 3 stars. The Lamaze Tilly Tinklewings book is just ok, I'm disappointed that it's not as advertised. Only one page of the 5 page book is actually the Lamaze material, and it's not very crinkle-y sounding. I bought the book for its crunchy crinkle noise that my baby loves! It's a fun soft book with good colors and pictures, baby still likes to play with bad chew on it. But I thought the whole book was going to be made of the crunchy crinkle material.
on January 30, 2016
Arrived with ripped binding, which I noticed while lightly cleaning with paper towel and mild soap before even giving to kid. returned.
review image
on August 18, 2016
Bought this for my baby right after she was born. I don't love some of the colors in the book, and the story is a bit lame - they rhyme beaver with achiever for instance, which was a bit much for a baby book - but my daughter LOVED this book for the crinkle aspect, the pictures, and the flaps that open and close. So it was definitely a hit. She didn't care for me reading it to her, but she dragged it around for about a year, pretty much every day. I would buy it again for others as a gift, unless I could find something very similar with a better story.