Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Color: Peek-a-Boo Forest|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,926 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,111 reviews
on August 20, 2012
The Peek-a-Boo Forest book (designed for ages 6m+) is very cute. Has very bright colors, and peek-a-boo flaps that lift away on each page to reveal a cute animal (e.g. move the tree to see the moose, move the leaf to see the owl, etc.). There are five two-page spreads - each asking "Who is hiding behind the [tree or whatever]?" on the lefthand side, then revealing an animal beneath a crinkly flap on the righthand side. The featured animals are a moose, an owl, a bear family, a raccoon, and a beaver. The front cover also features a bird with a raised, fuzzy, crinkly face. Between the bright colors, the repetitive peek-a-boo activity, and the simple text, this seems very age-appropriate for my 6mo old. And more importantly, he agrees - he loves it!

Note that these books are designed for different ages (the ones targeting older babies have a bit more of a storyline, etc.). Here are the guidelines for all of the different books in the series as given on the packaging:
0m+ Panda's Pals
12m+ Captain Calamari's Treasure Hunt
12m+ Baby on the Go
18m+ Counting Zoo
18m+ Captain Calamari's Color Adventure
33 comments| 899 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2016
Essentially there are two types of baby cloth books - those that promote a strong storyline and those that offer different textures for a tactile experience. The reason this Lamaze soft book is number 1 is its unique combination of both a cute engaging story paired with its various different textures. The story is a simple one but with bright illustrations and its rhyming the story is engaging. Each page has a crinkly flap with the hidden animal. The cover has soft fur covering the owl.
There are other books with mirrors and such but none of them contain a readable story. On the other hand there are more engaging stories like the Hungry Caterpillar but definitely not worth it as a soft book (might as well just get the whole book at that point).
review image
on March 11, 2016
I bought this for my first grandchild at Christmas 2016. She was 4 months old at the time. She absolutely loved it when she first saw it -- she loved the colors and the crinkly sounds the pages make, and of course -- as all babies will do -- she loved putting the 3-D velvet, colorful beak of the bird on the cover, in her mouth. My little Abigail is now 7 months old and this book continues to be one of her favorites!
review image
I knew this was the toy/book for my child as soon as I read the description. She already had an obsession with a stuffed animal with crinkle ears, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was right. This book is very colorful and fun to read too (I bought the peekaboo version). This book was a bit bigger than I was imagining, this wasn't really a negative or a positive to me. I washed this before giving it to my 5.5 month old because I knew it would immediately end up in her mouth. I know the directions said not to, but I washed it with All Free and Clear in cold water on gentle and air dried. It held up just fine, but I still don't intend on washing it again unless absolutely necessary. She really doesn't care about what's behind the flaps at the moments, she just cares that the flaps crinkle when touched and feels good on her gums. Still the book is a decent read as far as baby books go, I have certainly read WAY worse. I'm sure as she gets bigger she'll really enjoy the interactive story much more.
My 8 month old baby loves this book. I bought it for her when she was 6 months old. It's very plush and oversized. It's just under 8.5"x8.5". Captain Calamari sticks out of the front cover, and he crinkles when you touch him. It also has a convenient, padded carrying handle on the spine of the book. The book has 8 pages, not including the front and back cover. Each page is stuffed with a quilt-like batting and the colors are bright and vivid.

The story is a short and sweet one. My baby loves when I read it to her, because it has a nice rhythm and rhymes. The quality is amazing. The material is all soft and silky. It has held up incredibly, even with my teething little one always chewing on it. No flaws whatsoever. Stains easily wipe right off with a warm mildly-soapy washcloth. I've even thrown it in the washer a couple times (hang dry or air fluff).

I highly recommend this book. Your baby will love to carry it around everywhere with them. The only downside, I really wish more of the book actually crinkled...instead of just Captain Calamari on the front cover. My baby cannot get enough of the crinkle noise. I got the matching Captain Calamari plush toy for her as well.
on October 6, 2016
Not great quality for the price. Pandas pals just has pictures of animals with what it is in writing. The words are cut off on some of the animals (see attached pictures) and it is not very interactive like the peek a boo book. The peak a boo book is better for an interactive book but sometime the animals are not completely hidden behind leafs and you can see parts of the animal without looking behind it.
review image review image
on February 18, 2016
I bought this book thinking it would be equivalent to Lamaze's Peek-a-Boo Forest book. It is not. While it's a cute story, I have tons of tgreat books in actual book format. This purchase was more about getting my son familiar with the way books work... page turning and such. It was supposed to be something he could play with and enjoy on his own while also learning that books are AWESOME! Where the Lamaze Peek-a-Boo book has crinkle flaps on each page, this one has none anywhere but the cover. To my son this is just a weird blanky type thing. I mean let's face it, he's 5 months old. He can't read. The story is all well and good, but the entertainment value needs to be ramped up to fit a baby's standards.
on June 15, 2016
I thought this was the perfect first book for my grandson. It's a cloth book so baby won't be tearing the pages and it won't hurt if he chews on it a little either.
Each page has a crinkly material sewn into it so it makes a soft crinkling sound when he grabs ahold of it and he loves it! Never ceases to amaze me what can actually hold a babies attention and this keeps him entertained for a really long time!

We are avid campers, so I wanted to start educating him about the kinds of animals that live in the forest and why it's so important to not play with matches out there, and I think this book does that quite well. I love that they also show different places where animals may live, or be hiding, out in the woods so he knows that even tho he can't see them they are still living there somewhere.

I recommend this book for every baby!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 7, 2017
Much better than the few other soft books we picked up. Colorful, repetitive, rhyming, and each flap that loved crinkly noise. They give you enough to ease into it for younger kids and enough to talk about as they get older.

It's still not perfect and I expected a better quality and brighter pictures.

PROS:
- Great rhymes
- Crinkly noise

CONS:
- The picture of the bear shows three bears. Yet the noun used is singular.
- The start of each sentence isn't capitalized.
- The last page breaks the pattern ending in an exclamation and not a question.
- Plastic parts come out of pages (see photos) Choke hazard!!!
- Feels like clothes, not a book, pages might be a little bit harder.
- Pages are not bright enough.
- My daughter loves books but doesn't pay any attention to this one.
on November 5, 2013
not impressed...

pros: vibrant colors

cons: hardly any sensory textures, after hand washing it looks like it could use an iron (and since you can't iron this product it just looks flimsy and wrinkly)