Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest
Color: Peek-a-Boo Forest|Change

on August 20, 2012
The Peek-a-Boo Forest book (designed for ages 6m+) is very cute. Has very bright colors, and peek-a-boo flaps that lift away on each page to reveal a cute animal (e.g. move the tree to see the moose, move the leaf to see the owl, etc.). There are five two-page spreads - each asking "Who is hiding behind the [tree or whatever]?" on the lefthand side, then revealing an animal beneath a crinkly flap on the righthand side. The featured animals are a moose, an owl, a bear family, a raccoon, and a beaver. The front cover also features a bird with a raised, fuzzy, crinkly face. Between the bright colors, the repetitive peek-a-boo activity, and the simple text, this seems very age-appropriate for my 6mo old. And more importantly, he agrees - he loves it!

Note that these books are designed for different ages (the ones targeting older babies have a bit more of a storyline, etc.). Here are the guidelines for all of the different books in the series as given on the packaging:
0m+ Panda's Pals
920 helpful votes
921 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on October 13, 2017
Peek-A-Boo forest is my baby's favorite book, and is often her favorite toy. For the past six weeks she has used the book for chewing, covering her face, crinkling, carrying it while rolling around, staring at the pictures in her chair while I get things done, and listening intently while I read it and show her the animals hidden from sight. At this age, very few books hold her attention, but Peek-A-Boo Forest not only holds her attention, but seems to be a friendly presence wherever she is playing. The quality of the book is great, and Lamaze does such a great job with their toy lineup. Definitely recommended.
on December 23, 2015
I bought this for my son when he was about 5 months old. Regular board books were too difficult for him to figure out, and because he was chewing everything the board books would get ruined, so I figured a cloth book would be a good solution. I was right. My son loved this instantly! He was obsessed with the crinkling pages. I showed him how to turn the pages and since it's cloth it was easy for him to learn. I honestly think it helped him graduate to bigger books. My kid is such a book worm now. 9 months old and he picks up regular board books and turns every page, then closes the book and does it over and over. I honestly think this book helped him a lot with that. He's outgrown it now that hes mastered board books but this was his first favorite. My only complaint is that it's polyester. I wish there was a non toxic option for this book, because i try to stay away from plastic, but there's not so oh we'll... I would recommend this book.
on April 29, 2017
Love the price, love that is soft and baby can entertain him self with it in the car or at home. Love that it rhymes and I love how sweet it is. Baby loves chewing on it and feeling the texture. It is definitely a good purchase for the price and I feel like it encourages the child to hold a book look through the pages and get excited about reading in the future.
Definitely not as elaborate as other books, but for the price I feel like it's a pretty nice purchase. The child seems to really entertain himself, and right now my son is going through a phase where he's bringing everything to his mouth and against his face so I like the fact that I think I could wash this.
on December 26, 2016
This book is a great developmental book for different stages of baby-hood. My daughter loves it! We bought it a little young, but starting about 3-4 months she loved to grab it and feel the crinkly texture in her fingers. It's light enough for her to hold up on her own so as she started rolling over she was able to hold it up above her. She's especially loving it now at 6 months as she's teething - she loves the texture on her gums. And she's been loving the 'peek-a-boo' game as well. We've bought one as a gift and will continue to give as gifts. Highly recommend!
on April 5, 2017
I'm giving this product 3 stars. The Lamaze Tilly Tinklewings book is just ok, I'm disappointed that it's not as advertised. Only one page of the 5 page book is actually the Lamaze material, and it's not very crinkle-y sounding. I bought the book for its crunchy crinkle noise that my baby loves! It's a fun soft book with good colors and pictures, baby still likes to play with bad chew on it. But I thought the whole book was going to be made of the crunchy crinkle material.
on January 30, 2016
Arrived with ripped binding, which I noticed while lightly cleaning with paper towel and mild soap before even giving to kid. returned.
review image
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on August 18, 2016
Bought this for my baby right after she was born. I don't love some of the colors in the book, and the story is a bit lame - they rhyme beaver with achiever for instance, which was a bit much for a baby book - but my daughter LOVED this book for the crinkle aspect, the pictures, and the flaps that open and close. So it was definitely a hit. She didn't care for me reading it to her, but she dragged it around for about a year, pretty much every day. I would buy it again for others as a gift, unless I could find something very similar with a better story.
on January 15, 2016
My LO is 4 months old and this is her favorite book (we started at 3 months)! She loves the crinkly cover picture flap, hiding a fun animal, on each page, the soft owls face on the front and loves to "read along" as we "Go on a great adventure with Mr. Owl to see who's hiding in the forest..."! It's so much fun to see her reach for this book everyday and I love the bonding time we have when we read this together!!! Good material and great colors!
2 helpful votes
on July 25, 2014
My daughter loves this book. She is 9 months old, and we started using this at 6 months old. She likes it more now than when we started.

It's nice that it's cloth, so it squishes well and she can't destroy it by chewing on it. Each two-page spread has a flap made of crinkly fabric that my daughter loves to crinkle.

The text is short, and behind every flap there is a sentence that starts with peek-a-boo. My daughter likes it when we read it to her in an excited voice when we turn over the flap and see the animal hiding there.

One thing I'm less excited about is the owl's head on the front. It's cute, but it makes the book bulky and so I have a harder time stuffing it in a small space when I'm headed out the door to work. (I always like to take some toys for the drive home from the care giver.)

Overall, it's a great book for an older baby. We'll see if she still likes it when she's a little older.