Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lamaze Cotton Spandex Sleep Bra for Nursing and Maternity
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on July 6, 2011
I have now tried 3 different sleep nursing bras: Medela, Motherhood, and Lamaze. The Lamaze is definitely the best, both in quality and support. The Medela was made of thin fabric, ran very small, and had little support. It seemed more like a training bra than a nursing bra! The Motherhood wrap bra was cheaply constructed (also thin cotton fabric), and also not supportive at all. It was also loose and baggy in the straps, and not supportive enough to hold nursing pads in place. The Lamaze bra was the last bra that I tried, and it was exactly what I was looking for! It is comfy enough for sleep, but supportive enough to hold nursing pads in place. The 95% cotton 5% spandex blend gives it breathability, but enough shape to not be flimsy. One note, I agree with another reviewer that the black runs smaller than the white. The white seems true to size, while the black seems to run small. I suggest ordering a size up in the black.
22 comments| 436 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2013
I have not actually tried this bra yet but I intend to. It looks very practical and comfortable. It seems one of the biggest challenges customers have had with this product is getting the sizing right. So I did a little research before ordering and found the sizing information for this bra on a different website and thought I would post it here to help take the guess work out of ordering. I will update my review once I've received and worn this bra...

Lamaze Cotton Spandex Nursing/Maternity "Sleep" Bra. Can be used while pregnant and after as a nursing bra. Very comfortable and will offer support while you sleep. Great for mid night nursing sessions.
S 34B, 34C
M 36C, 36D
L 38C, 38D
XL 40D, 42D
XXL 42-44DD
1111 comments| 878 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2015
They're for sleeping, they're cheap. Cool! Got mine for $8, and the tag said their retail was $18, thats cool. NOT worth $18. The craftmanship is lacking. String hanging, bright pink fuzz and thread IN the sealed bag it came in, and sewn into the material. The shoulder straps feel different, but I'm petite, so would likely be divine for those broader shouldered. My non nursing size is ~32E-F, depending on the bra, and this fits well, and NO FALLING OUT when I'm sleeping on my side- thats why I'm buying a new one! Not super supportive, but again this is a sleep bra. Not to tight, not too loose, not my favorite but acceptable for the price. If it's over $15- I'd look elsewhere.

Don't hate me for my pic- I know its not flattering- he we're here cause we had babies, so I tried to chop my head off, but get a fair pic of what the bra is. Its 2 layers thick- which is nice! Most sleep bras are only one.
review image review image
55 comments| 212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2012
I took the other reviewers advice and ordered an XL despite being a size 38 D (a size L according to sizing chart). I'm so so glad I did. The band is tight but not uncomfortable.
Honestly I ordered this because my Mother is coming out and I don't want to get the "you don't wear a bra, your boobs are going to be hitting your knees" lecture. I'm a stay at home Mom that has her boobs out for nursing constantly. So much so that I haven't had any desire to be encumbered by having to let out the boobs every time my son wants to eat. Well this is the perfect solution. It's super comfortable, flattering, supportive, and so easy to "unleash the hounds" as it were. I'm not having the boobs falling out issue but I'm not sleeping in it so it works perfect for me. Hopefully I'll be able to order more in the near future!
Update: After having worn this for a few days I'm totally getting the boobs falling out issue . The bra goes on great but after wearing it cleaning, walking around, moving, etc. There was total excessive boobage. That being said I would choose having to tuck in the beasts once in awhile over having them pancaked to my ribs as it is with many of the other nursing bras. Next time I'll look for a similar design with wider boob coverage.
Update #2
So in desperation to make this bra work I actually sewed the bra together where it is opened for boob release from the band to right where the seams split to go to each shoulder. Now no more breast exposure and there's still plenty of stretch to open for feeds. Yes!
33 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2014
Update: The sizing is inconsistent. I bought two bras in size small, one black (Feb 2015) and the second dark charcoal (Mar 2015). The black was clearly larger. When laying flat, the black one's straps were 1.5" longer and the width was 3/4" wider. Same label size; dramatic size difference. The black S fit me perfectly, and I usually wear 34C. The charcoal gray bra is uncomfortably small.

Previous comments: I bought two sleep & nursing bras, this one from LaMaze and another from La Leche League. I'm keeping this one and returning the La Leche League. Neither is very supportive, but that's fine for sleeping. Both make it easy to expose the breast for nursing. However, the La Leche bra is scratchy. This one is wonderfully soft and very comfortable. My one complaint is that the way it's sewn it kind of flips half inside out so it always takes me a few seconds to figure out front versus back, and inside vs outside. But once I have it on, it's great.
review image
on November 13, 2011
There really needs to be a sizing guide for this bra. I think it would have been okay if it fit. I'm a 38-40 B and the large was too tight. Just thought I'd put that out there for anyone looking to gage what size to buy.
55 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2015
This bra is hands down the poorest quality item I have ever purchased from amazon. It is not sewn together evenly, it is fraying and it hasn't even come off the hanger yet. I cannot speak to the sizing because it's not even worth trying on as it will be returned immediately. I should have heeded the reviews. Save your money and buy a Bravado (I got the Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra and love it!). I will purchase the Bravado Sleep Bra to replace this product. You get what you pay for!
review image review image
on November 25, 2011
I decided to try this one even though I already knew that I liked the sleep bra that Motherhood Maternity sells. I guess this one was cheaper. This bra is too tight. I got a Large just to be safe even though I'm normally a Medium, and it is very uncomfortable. The material feels cheap and is not as soft and stretchy as the Motherhood Maternity bra. And worst of all, it does not provide full coverage! If I lie on my side then it just slides right off of me. This was a complete and total waste of money.
on October 23, 2010
I was looking for a cotton sleep bra for nursing. After reading many of the negative reviews, I was hesitant to buy this bra but decided I would go ahead and try it anyway. I am so glad I did!

I am a size 38D and have not experienced any problems with being a larger size. I use the nursing pads with a sticky back which probably helps them stay in place. I can lay on my sides and the bra supports them well. The fabric is definitely of higher quality than other sleep bras.

I've worn the Medela and the Fancee Free sleep bras for nursing and this Lamaze is by far the best. The Medela fabric was too thin and had scratchy lace on the sides and the Fancee Free (similar in design to the Medela but again, better fabric) runs large in sizing.

I'm guessing this bra doesn't work with the shells (which I too use in the first few weeks of nursing) because it's not made to be used with them. I wear a more supportive bra at night until my milk levels off and there is no more need for the shells (usually about the third or fourth week).

I haven't washed it yet but another reviewer says it shrinks so I will probably just let it hang dry. Over all this is an extremely comfortable bra which makes it very easy to nurse in at night.
33 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2015
Overall, I really like this bra.

Pros:
1) Very comfortable - this is especially important in the postpartum period when breasts are engorged. Unlike some other nursing bras, I did not get plugged ducts or soreness as a result of wearing this one.
2) Easy access to breast - the bra easily slides to the side, giving the baby easy access to the breast.
3) Great for layering - I like wearing this bra underneath another nursing top.
4) Comfortable enough to sleep in - I HATE sleeping in a bra, but this one is so comfortable that I didn't have much trouble sleeping in it while I was in the stage where I needed to wear a bra due to nighttime leakage.
5) Easy to clean - the instructions say that this bra cannot be put into the dryer. However, I have washed mine countless times, and it still fits just as well as it ever did.

CONS:
1) Not a lot of coverage - my nipples show through this bra, and if I wear a breastmilk pad, that shows through too. There is no liner, so everything shows.
2) Not a lot of support - if you need a lot of support (particularly for larger breasts), you're not going to find it in this bra. However, I personally could not wear an underwire or tight bra in the postpartum period because my ducts easily became clogged.