Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 29, 2013
I have not actually tried this bra yet but I intend to. It looks very practical and comfortable. It seems one of the biggest challenges customers have had with this product is getting the sizing right. So I did a little research before ordering and found the sizing information for this bra on a different website and thought I would post it here to help take the guess work out of ordering. I will update my review once I've received and worn this bra...

Lamaze Cotton Spandex Nursing/Maternity "Sleep" Bra. Can be used while pregnant and after as a nursing bra. Very comfortable and will offer support while you sleep. Great for mid night nursing sessions.
S 34B, 34C
M 36C, 36D
L 38C, 38D
XL 40D, 42D
XXL 42-44DD
1,062 people found this helpful
|1313 comments|Report abuse
on July 6, 2011
I have now tried 3 different sleep nursing bras: Medela, Motherhood, and Lamaze. The Lamaze is definitely the best, both in quality and support. The Medela was made of thin fabric, ran very small, and had little support. It seemed more like a training bra than a nursing bra! The Motherhood wrap bra was cheaply constructed (also thin cotton fabric), and also not supportive at all. It was also loose and baggy in the straps, and not supportive enough to hold nursing pads in place. The Lamaze bra was the last bra that I tried, and it was exactly what I was looking for! It is comfy enough for sleep, but supportive enough to hold nursing pads in place. The 95% cotton 5% spandex blend gives it breathability, but enough shape to not be flimsy. One note, I agree with another reviewer that the black runs smaller than the white. The white seems true to size, while the black seems to run small. I suggest ordering a size up in the black.
494 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 20, 2017
This felt like a sling for my chest. No shape, no support, and the elastic band underneath sits so weird because it's folded. As my husband commented, it also does nothing to hide your "headlights" if you get cold. I feel like nursing pads would show through this as well. Biggest complaint is the smell! Instantly had a strong chemical smell out of the package.I've never had clothing smell like this, it's worse than getting a new mattress topper or anything like that. Definitely returning.
3 people found this helpful
on June 27, 2017
I bought this for a sleep nursing bra. I have tried other brands. Like Motherhood for instance. I will say this is a better fit verses Motherhood. I am a 38F and bought the XL. It fit perfectly. I will say the other brands are looser fitting where this one fits more snugger. Not to mention half the price! I only bought one. Since I was hesitant, but I will be buying a couple more for sure!

I just bought my second one to have on hand. I really like these for the price!
on July 16, 2012
I read lots of reviews before ordering this bra on Amazon. So many of the reviews of other products, the product reviewed well for women with large chests.
I ordered this one because several of the positive reviews were from ladies of smaller size, and I'm so glad that I did!!
Pre-pregnancy, I was a 36B, grew to a 38C - 40C during pregnancy. I ordered a size M when I was still 1st trimester to help ease sleeping discomfort from hormonal growth. I ordered another, size L, to take to the hospital when I delivered and to use during the early stages of nursing. I just came back for another, back to size M.
I had my baby about a week ago, and the large fits fine, but so does the medium. I find the support and compression to be both comfortable and well suited to my sore breasts (just getting over engorgement). I have used the "soothies" inserts and they worked fine with minimal movement under the bra.
I do agree with other reviewers that the inseam under the arm is a bit long, but it really doesn't bother me as I am tall (5'11"). The deep V of the neck works great for nursing, and once again, if you are not super large, it's very supportive, comfortable, and modest.

Overall, I highly recommend the product -- great price and it works really well for me!
One person found this helpful
on December 2, 2012
Pre-pregnancy I was a 38c and have been able to keep wearing this size through my pregnancy so far...now at 33 weeks I decided I should start looking for nursing bras, both regular wear and a sleeper.

Based on other reviews I ordered a size large which was way too tight. It fit, but not comfortably so I returned it and ordered an XL. It fits much better and is very comfortable to sleep in-granted this is pre-baby :)

I will update after he's born and when milk comes in since the sizing will most likely change. I just wanted to make sure to post my normal bra size and what's comparative with this bra so maybe others won't have to deal with returning and re-ordering a different size.

***UPDATE***

This bra got me through engorgement but afterwards didn't quite hold the girls in. I put a safety pin in the middle of the opening to support them better which seemed to help. Although that's a little inconvenient for nursing, it still works ok.
2 people found this helpful
on January 21, 2015
I have had this bra for 5 months now and it is my go-to nursing bra. It works best for sleep and lounging around the house because it is very thin and does not provide much coverage. However, I can also wear it when I go out as long as I put nursing pads in it or layer my shirts. What I love most about this bra is how comfortable it is and how easy it is to nurse when wearing it. It is not restrictive at all, which is especially nice during the "engorgement" period of breastfeeding. I am normally a size 34B and the size Medium fit perfectly. Word to the wise: it is helpful to own more than one of these bras. I have purchased several so that I can make sure I have a clean one to wear to bed every night. If only it provided more coverage, I would wear it 24 hours a day.
on January 28, 2013
The material is definitely a little on the flimsy side. Pre-pregnancy I am a 34D, very small waist and petite. In a bikini top I would be a Large, so I took the advice of other reviewers and got a size up, so XL. For nursing it's great and I had issues with plugged ducts, so the size up is nice for me and has enabled me to actually wear something without worrying about getting plugged up again. However, I know in a few weeks a Large would be a better size for me. It fits well in the cup area, but it's not that great around my waist.

Also, under the arm it can be rather irritating... the seam rubs against me and itches sometimes, or just has a very apparent feel.

It doesn't look as nice as it does in the picture. The twist doesn't look so much like a twist as it does an overlap of fabric.

That being said, I would probably buy another one of these (or find a better quality version) just to wear around the house even after I'm done nursing. I like the comfortable feel of it... just think it could use a few adjustments.
on November 23, 2013
EDIT 2/16/2014: I don't recommend this bra anymore. The fabric and construction still look good but has lost the elasticity it needs to provide any support. I didn't realize this before, but you want a LOT of support when breastfeeding (I've been wearing sports bras exclusively). The only way this bra is of any use is when I couple it with a nursing top that has a built-in shelf bra. Neither provides enough support on their own, but as a team, I'm comfortable enough for wearing around the house or sleeping. Bummer. :(

My original review follows but, again, I don't recommend this bra anymore... maybe for someone who is pretty small-chested.

This was the only sleeping bra I ordered, based on customer reviews. While pregnant, I HATED wearing a bra and would rip it off as soon as I was home, so I didn't understand that nursing breasts need support in a whole new way. Now that I've worn this bra nonstop for three days, it's probably time to order some more.

I haven't measured myself or been fitted since pregnancy and milk worked their business, but pre pregnancy my bra size was 34D and the girls are MASSIVE now compared to those days. I ordered a Large and it fits perfectly. The first time I put it on I felt like I was sharing a lot of myself with the world -- I'm not used to a bra both providing support and showing skin -- but it's very supportive, not constrictive at all, and the fit allows easy access for breastfeeding. (When I say it shows a lot, it fits as in the picture -- but given how much I have, when I show that much, it really feels like an eyeful.) I always use nursing pads while wearing this bra and have had no trouble.

Great bra, love it, am ordering more to carry me through the "nesting-in" period and general use later.
on January 19, 2013
This is a nice-looking and comfortable bra. One thing I like about this bra over one of the similar micro-fiber bras out there is that the cotton used in the construction won't pill over time. I think this bra will hold up fairly well without requiring a lot of special attention.

That said, I find it very annoying that there was no sizing guide. I ordered a large because I tend to be a medium sized woman with larger boobs. When I'm not pregnant, I wear a 34D or 34E. Currently, I am up to a 36F or 38E, depending on the brand. I wear a large in another brand's sleep/nursing bra quite comfortably, but the large in this bra is very very snug. I'm keeping it just because I need a bra that isn't pilled and uncomfortable against my skin, but I definitely need more cup room.

So, I'm annoyed about sizing and very annoyed (my main complaint) that there is no sizing guide, but this seems like a good bra and I will definitely be ordering another in an XL.