Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 234 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 269 reviews
on December 6, 2011
My baby is 5 months old and since day 1, he has loved this more than any other toy, rattle, anything he could look at and play with. I don't know what his fascination is with this little book, but this was the BEST money ever spent. He can spend 30 minutes just looking at this, pulling at the things that come out, and seeing what happens. it is amazing! This is a must purchase! This goes with him daily to grandma's house (she keeps him while we work). I thought he would get bored with it, but he is now actually pulling the little animals out of their place. He has looked at this since he we got him home from the hospital. We would keep it on the black and white side a lot.
on April 12, 2014
I'm a huge fan of the Lamaze soft toys. When my son was born my sister gave us several Lamaze soft toys previously used by my older niece. The quality of construction is usually fantastic. The toys are well designed, bright, colorful, and typically have multiple interactive features (crinkly fabric, mirrors, rattles, teethers, and squeakers). My 6 month old son LOVES his Freddie the Firefly and has for some time - it's absolutely his favorite toy. He also enjoys the musical worm, the soft sorter, and several others. So, when I spotted this Lamaze puzzle online I was particularly excited to buy it. I hoped it would be something my son could use at a young age and then enjoy and grow with as he got older. When the package arrived I opened it up and was immediately surprised at the poor quality. The stitching was visible on several seams and the image printing on the fabric was sloppy in some areas - not crisp and bright as I had come to expect from Lamaze. Furthermore, one of the puzzle pieces (the triangular piece) has a rattle that barely rattles. The square piece is supposed to be crinkly but does not make a lot of noise. The squeaker (the circular owl piece) works well as does the other rattle (the oval raccoon). I keep trying to give the toy to my son to play with but he seems more interested in the strings that are meant to tie the toy to the crib than the other interactive pieces. And I certainly wouldn't hang this in the crib - first of all, the tie strings didn't line up with the crib slats and the toy wouldn't hang properly, and secondly, you're not supposed to put anything in the crib with the baby anyway for safety reasons. I would skip this toy and invest the money in one of the other popular Lamaze toys like the firefly.
on November 14, 2016
I am a huge fan of Lamaze products. I've been looking for a toy that would occupy my 2.5 month old sons time for more than just a couple minutes. This finally did it! There are two sides.. one with black and white designs and the other with full color. He's still young enough to be mesmerized by the black and white side and the little dangling pieces he is actually reaching for. I don't leave this in the crib because it is strictly for sleep so I usually tie it to the bouncer handle and it stays put. I'm enjoying that his favorite toy is stimulating! Well done!
on May 26, 2014
There are really not much options for a 3mth old to self entertain but this crib gallery does this trick. Now, besides the musical cot mobile, this is the first thing she entertains herself with. Every morning when she wakes up, she will be brushing her hand against the dangling rattles and observing the black and white shapes for some good 15mins before she cries for milk. This certainly helps in installing some time while I am expressing milk or doing some other chores. I also love the well conceptualized design that it is black and white on one side for younger babies while the colorful side can be used when they are older. The length height of this toy is great for most cribs.

I prefer buying toys that can grow with them and this is one of them.
on August 5, 2013
I like this item very much, because it gets the attention of my baby girl (4MO) and I can't wait until she can play with the shapes, putting them in the matching spaces. The materials are excellent, the B&W patterns are very clear and the colorful pictures are very bright and good looking. There are four shapes with four animals in them and each one makes a different noise, so there are many possibilities for play with this gallery. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the placement of little yellow ties to attach this item to the crib. The are placed in the bottom of the colorful side, so if you tie them, the "book" will just fall down facing the mattress. If you're using the black and white side, it doesn't matter, because there is no upside, so you can just tie them "upside down" and the gallery will stay put. But for the other side, there is no way of tyeing them and have the pictures facing up.
Otherwise, I like this very much.
on February 18, 2014
I have purchased Lamaze products for my grandchildren for 13yrs. I have 9 grandchildren ages 8mo to 13yrs., and the products seem to last forever. I have never been so disappointed as I am with this one. Great idea, but poorly produced. There is one object to place in a cutout on each page. I could get one of 4 into the cutout easily, so an 8 mo. old should be able to do it too. The others I could NOT FORCE OR HAMMER into place. How frustrating for a child when they will never succeed. The cloth covering providing the pictures slips all over making it even harder to find the cutout. They tried to make cutout liners in the material so the inserts would have room to side into the cutouts, that don't work. These pockets need tacked down inside the cutout, instead of floating on the surface. This product needs to be taken off the market and reworked. Or the one I received was one the inspectors missed.
on February 10, 2017
My 6-year-old twin granddaughters had one of these when they were babies, and it was a favorite through their toddler years. (I also bought one for a friend about a year later - also loved!) Sometime between then and now, the quality has totally tanked. The squares and shapes are smashed and do not fit together well as the older one did. I am so disappointed, trying to decide whether to keep it or return it. :(
on February 9, 2015
My nearly 3 month old baby girl loves her Tomy Lamaze Shapes Activity Puzzle and Crib Gallery. At her age she currently uses the crib gallery side. She views the different patterns by turning her head from side to side and gets really excited about but. She smiles, vocalizes and grabs at it. The puzzle side is made for 6 months and up. The one recommendation I have is to not use it in the crib. The ties are silky and slide down and it is a toy that stimulates wakefulness when the crib should be kept a sleeping environment. I hung mine so my daughter can play with it while on the changing table.
on May 8, 2014
My son loves this toy. I bought it when he was 2 months old to hang in his crib so he would be more content sitting in there. He loved looking at it and soon started reaching out to the animal faces that hag down. Each one makes a different sound such as a squeak or crinkle.

Now that he is a little older and learning how to sit he likes to sit with it across his lap and he really enjoys looking at both sides of the book. It's great for use in the crib or out of the crib at this point. When he is a little older he will enjoy the puzzle aspect of it so it really does grow with my son. Worth the money for something that can be used over several stages or learning.
on July 21, 2012
We've had this gallery on the side of my son's crib since he was 4 months old. He would stare at it after waking and keep quiet for up to 15-20 minutes (definitely a rare occurance for him). As he got older and could roll around, he would roll over to it and bat at it. Now, he's almost 10 months old and he consistently plays with this EVERY morning! Usually when I hear him wake up, I check the baby video monitor and he's standing up, playing with this toy. He has a bunch of other soothers and toys attached to his crib, but this one is his absolute favorite. He loves the little round animal attachments, and grabs and bangs them. We have always left it on the black and white side. I thought I might only get a few months of mileage out of this toy, but it looks like its well worth the money! I only wish I had gotten it sooner, I bet he would have loved the contrasting images as a newborn.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.