Oil month Automotive Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 6, 2011
My baby is 5 months old and since day 1, he has loved this more than any other toy, rattle, anything he could look at and play with. I don't know what his fascination is with this little book, but this was the BEST money ever spent. He can spend 30 minutes just looking at this, pulling at the things that come out, and seeing what happens. it is amazing! This is a must purchase! This goes with him daily to grandma's house (she keeps him while we work). I thought he would get bored with it, but he is now actually pulling the little animals out of their place. He has looked at this since he we got him home from the hospital. We would keep it on the black and white side a lot.
0Comment| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 14, 2016
I am a huge fan of Lamaze products. I've been looking for a toy that would occupy my 2.5 month old sons time for more than just a couple minutes. This finally did it! There are two sides.. one with black and white designs and the other with full color. He's still young enough to be mesmerized by the black and white side and the little dangling pieces he is actually reaching for. I don't leave this in the crib because it is strictly for sleep so I usually tie it to the bouncer handle and it stays put. I'm enjoying that his favorite toy is stimulating! Well done!
on February 10, 2017
My 6-year-old twin granddaughters had one of these when they were babies, and it was a favorite through their toddler years. (I also bought one for a friend about a year later - also loved!) Sometime between then and now, the quality has totally tanked. The squares and shapes are smashed and do not fit together well as the older one did. I am so disappointed, trying to decide whether to keep it or return it. :(
on May 26, 2014
There are really not much options for a 3mth old to self entertain but this crib gallery does this trick. Now, besides the musical cot mobile, this is the first thing she entertains herself with. Every morning when she wakes up, she will be brushing her hand against the dangling rattles and observing the black and white shapes for some good 15mins before she cries for milk. This certainly helps in installing some time while I am expressing milk or doing some other chores. I also love the well conceptualized design that it is black and white on one side for younger babies while the colorful side can be used when they are older. The length height of this toy is great for most cribs.

I prefer buying toys that can grow with them and this is one of them.
on April 12, 2014
I'm a huge fan of the Lamaze soft toys. When my son was born my sister gave us several Lamaze soft toys previously used by my older niece. The quality of construction is usually fantastic. The toys are well designed, bright, colorful, and typically have multiple interactive features (crinkly fabric, mirrors, rattles, teethers, and squeakers). My 6 month old son LOVES his Freddie the Firefly and has for some time - it's absolutely his favorite toy. He also enjoys the musical worm, the soft sorter, and several others. So, when I spotted this Lamaze puzzle online I was particularly excited to buy it. I hoped it would be something my son could use at a young age and then enjoy and grow with as he got older. When the package arrived I opened it up and was immediately surprised at the poor quality. The stitching was visible on several seams and the image printing on the fabric was sloppy in some areas - not crisp and bright as I had come to expect from Lamaze. Furthermore, one of the puzzle pieces (the triangular piece) has a rattle that barely rattles. The square piece is supposed to be crinkly but does not make a lot of noise. The squeaker (the circular owl piece) works well as does the other rattle (the oval raccoon). I keep trying to give the toy to my son to play with but he seems more interested in the strings that are meant to tie the toy to the crib than the other interactive pieces. And I certainly wouldn't hang this in the crib - first of all, the tie strings didn't line up with the crib slats and the toy wouldn't hang properly, and secondly, you're not supposed to put anything in the crib with the baby anyway for safety reasons. I would skip this toy and invest the money in one of the other popular Lamaze toys like the firefly.
on May 8, 2014
My son loves this toy. I bought it when he was 2 months old to hang in his crib so he would be more content sitting in there. He loved looking at it and soon started reaching out to the animal faces that hag down. Each one makes a different sound such as a squeak or crinkle.

Now that he is a little older and learning how to sit he likes to sit with it across his lap and he really enjoys looking at both sides of the book. It's great for use in the crib or out of the crib at this point. When he is a little older he will enjoy the puzzle aspect of it so it really does grow with my son. Worth the money for something that can be used over several stages or learning.
on January 2, 2013
The book is nice and the workmanship seems pretty good. Each of the pieces that are attached well and they make noises either krinkly, or rattly, or whatever. We like it and feel it was worth while.

On the downside there's just a few minor things to mention. Our 6-month-old is only barely interested in it sometimes and would rather play with other toys. He liked the box it came it much more than the book itself (Isn't that what always happens?). There are some annoying yellow strings that hang off it all over the place for attaching it to a crib and they just get in the way. Also the pieces don't stay in the openings made for them very well. You can barely get the pieces in and then they fall out immediately.
on February 18, 2014
I have purchased Lamaze products for my grandchildren for 13yrs. I have 9 grandchildren ages 8mo to 13yrs., and the products seem to last forever. I have never been so disappointed as I am with this one. Great idea, but poorly produced. There is one object to place in a cutout on each page. I could get one of 4 into the cutout easily, so an 8 mo. old should be able to do it too. The others I could NOT FORCE OR HAMMER into place. How frustrating for a child when they will never succeed. The cloth covering providing the pictures slips all over making it even harder to find the cutout. They tried to make cutout liners in the material so the inserts would have room to side into the cutouts, that don't work. These pockets need tacked down inside the cutout, instead of floating on the surface. This product needs to be taken off the market and reworked. Or the one I received was one the inspectors missed.
on January 11, 2017
I bought this for my four month old. I have not used the colorful side for her yet but she very much enjoys the black and white contrast side. Was easy to tie and is a nice addition to her crib.
on May 27, 2015
I was looking for crib toys that was safe and stimulating when my daughter wakes up and does talk. Yes! I sleep in and she is up and I have no idea when she wakes up haha. This toy was creative but the strings to the around the crib is limited to only the top 2 corners. They should add ties to all 4 corners because when I tried to tie the other side, it is upside down. I didn't like it. I had to sew on strings to other missing corners so the images were right side up.