Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Color: Freddie the Firefly|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,498 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,786 reviews
on June 25, 2016
My almost 3 month old daughter is already enamored by this toy. It's a great sensory tool that makes crinkly noises, contains a squeaker, a tethered teething piece, rings, and a mirror (albeit not one that's very clear, but that's understandable). The colors are also vibrant and cheerful, and I like the addition of the highly contrasting black and white on the backside of the wings and as the eyes on the firefly's face. She is especially drawn to black and white patterns, of which I realized due to her always tracking my geometric cell phone cover.

The designer(s) of this toy really understand children. She loves to touch, kick, taste, grab, gaze at, and pull on this toy. It also works well in the car attached to her car seat handle, and even helps distract during crying episodes where she can't be removed from her car seat.

I would highly recommend this toy!
on September 24, 2014
My baby girl LOVED this toy. It was the favorite among all of the Lamaze toys. She has had it since she was about 3 months old and it was HUGE in comparison to her size. She is now 6 months old and it is still a pretty big toy when it is on her in her car seat, but she loves the crinkle sounds it's wings make, loves chewing on the antennae and the rings (mainly the white one). She has not gotten into the squeaky on the wing and not so much so with the ladybug bite plate, Just loves gnawing on the head, wings and white clip. Now, I do have a few complaints for this product. We have purchased TWO of them now. The first one, shortly after receiving it, I noticed it started to tear on the fabric strip that holds the white clip/ring to Freddie's head. I thought it may have been from Sofia's eagerness, but I now believe it was just flawed stitching. Hand washing is the only way to clean this toy, which is fine, however, once you hand wash it you will notice the white is not really as white anymore because of the, what I assume are flexible metal pieces or plastic pieces inside the wings - they leave "strips" of dingy coloring. This isn't a big deal, just something I feel is worth mentioning, because Freddie doesn't look as clean any more even after a bath. Now, our second purchase we had to make because we thought we lost Freddie - and that is a big deal! So, Freddie #2 arrives and as I am cutting the little plastic tag strip to remove him from the cardboard, once free, I notice a pretty significant sized hole where the plastic strip had been - which was close to the seam on Freddie's head. SOooo, here we are with Freddie # 2 and he is damaged from the get-go. I am debating stitching it up or whether I should send him back - such a hassle. Also, we paid about $ 3 more for Freddie #2 for some reason, although both were purchased on Amazon within months of each other. Bottom line, Freddie the Firefly has been an amazing toy for our daughter and I highly recommend him - since others have failed. Lamaze Captain Calamari has been laying around for as long as Freddie # 1 and is just now receiving a tiny bit of interest (nominal), Lamaze Tug & Play Knot - having some success after a few months of dangling in front of her, and Lamaze Flutterbug - well, she is getting a little bitty bit of interest in this one when nothing else is around. My only suggestion, is if you get Freddie, look him over carefully for manufacturing defects and return him if you find any, because your baby will probably love him and you are going to want him to last.
review image review image
TOP 100 REVIEWERon February 2, 2017
I bought my daughter this toy when she was 3-month-old. Back then she didn't pay much interest in it. I was a bit disappointed, as I've read tons of positive review. But as my daughter was premature, I gave her some time and voila - when she was 5-month-old it became her favorite toy. In fact, she still has him in his bedroom and won't part with him (My daughter is 15-month-old now).

Firefly's various panels, attachments, textures, and noises are great for our little princess to explore and she will sit and play with him at length. His convenient hook allows us to attach him to our pram or car seat so she can take him out with her too. I'm finding it quite interesting to see how differently she plays with the toy now and when she was younger. She preferred to grab and shake the toy, uses her fingers to investigate all his different panels and pockets.

As a mom, I'm happy with the quality because during almost a year it hasn't torn, and if not the mirror, which was scratched by my daughter's teeth, would look like new.

Amazing materials, colors, textures, sounds, etc. All really well made so, even though quite expensive, the toys never seem to fail or wear out and therefore are actually pretty good value.
review image review image
on January 5, 2017
We have had several Lamaze toys and this one was the favorite with all three of our children. I have found that babies love the crinkling noises best and these have very large wings that are easy to manipulate to make the sound. My kids all loved the ladybug teether and the bright colors as well. This has a large strong clip that stays securely attached to the stroller, car seat and diaper bag. They have pulled so hard on this toy many times, putting their full weight on it and it doesn't stretch open and pop off like other clip-on toys have. I have thrown ours in the washing machine on gentle a few times and it has held up beautifully.
on November 15, 2012
My daughter loves Freddie!

The back of his wings are black and white patterns, and that is really neat. It makes me wish we had bought this for her sooner.

Now my daughter is 4.5 months old. She likes chewing on the wings (because they crinkle), and she likes chewing one the two bottom rings. She hasn't quite discovered the red teething thing yet, but I suspect she will really like it when she figures that out.

Freddie is extra fun because he has so many bright colors, and the fabrics and cords are all different textures. This toy has a ton of different textures! The mirror is too small for my daughter to be interested in it, so that was kind of disappointing because she does love mirrors.

But, she always finds this toy entertaining. It is our favorite toy to take along to distract her when she is in Baby Prison (aka. her car seat). Lately being strapped into her car seat has made her MAD, but Freddie helps her to forget about that really quickly. So, I can't complain too much about little things like the mirror being too small, because actually this toy makes my daughter and I both a lot happier.

Highly recommended. This toy is such a winner.
on October 10, 2016
I absolutely love this toy. We bring it with us wherever we go. I thought we lost it but it was just at the gym and we really missed having it over the weekend. This is our go to toy. It has different textures and makes different noises. My daughter likes to chew on the plastic parts because she's teething. I clip it onto her stroller so she has something to play with on our walks. I can't say enough good things about this toy. Buy it.
on August 27, 2014
Ah Freddie..... We would be lost without you!!!

This is our son's favourite toy. The colours are wonderful and bright, the different textures, materials etc are amazing. This toy holds his attn. for what seems like hours, and then we realize he has fallen asleep hugging Freddie. Our baby is 4 months and chews on everything this toy has to offer, the wings, Freddie's face, both plastic rings. He loves the two holes in the pink wing as he can get his little fingers in and wave the toy around. The only thing he doesn't really care is the actual chew toy part of Freddie, but that is fine as we just tuck it in it's pouch and it stays there.

I bought this toy for a friend who is expecting, who is a early learning teacher and she loves it.
on February 10, 2017
Got this for our 2.5 month old. She loves to look at the black and white stripes and patterns on the back of the wings and she smiles when she hears the little jingle sound when you shake it. She also practices grabbing the rings on the toy when we place it near her. I think it will be a great toy for many months, as it also has a teether, rings, and lots of patterns and colors and textures. Great buy!
on May 27, 2017
I'm glad I listened to the reviews, because my baby, and other babies I've shown this toy to, have been transfixed with this little firefly. It can be hung above the car seat or bed and they will stare at it for ages. It makes a lot of fun sounds when they start grabbing it, so it is thoroughly entertaining all around!
on February 11, 2017
As this is my first one , I didn't know what toys would work for him. So we have got a lot. he does not necessarily play with all. But this definitely peaks his interest. Highly recommended.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.