Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Lamaze Freddie The Firefly
Color: Freddie the Firefly|Change

on November 27, 2017
Our baby love it. She always try to catch it. I love that it has multiple purposes and feelings to it. It has a small mirror on one of the wings, and rattling ball on another wing. Before our baby turn 4 months she only interacted with a little bit but we used it a lot to get the her attention and calm her down. At four months, our baby started to interact with it much more and try to kick it or catch with her hands. We used rings to hang this toy closer to her so she can play with while she is in her seat. Also one of the wings come with a teether which our baby like to bite on frequently. Lovely and highly recommended.
on December 1, 2017
these colorful lamze products are just outstanding and offer so many sensory stimulation options. baby loves to chew on it, crackle it, jangle the key rings, and feel the fabrics.
on February 17, 2014
My 5 month old really likes this toy. He's not strong enough to squeeze the "squeaker" on it yet (but I can use it to distract him just fine). And, the mirror is not big enough to hold his attention. But, aside from those drawbacks (which are likely more a function of where he is developmentally), my baby's firefly is easy to bring along and can keep him occupied through a long meal or drive. Starting at 4 mos old (when we purchased it), my baby was mostly able to just shake the toy and crinkle the firefly's wings for the sound it made. Now, he'll occasionally put a wing into his mouth, too (he's starting to explore things with his mouth)-- but, the rings and pocketed plastic piece are too hard I think for him to derive much chewing satisfaction at this point since he has no teeth. I like the white hanging ring at the top of the toy-- it's big enough in circumference that I can hang it from the carrying handle on his car seat or on the other thick bars on his stroller without having to use a separate link. Overall, it's no "sassy wonder wheel" but a good addition to his toy box. I'm pretty confident the firefly will become more exciting for my baby once he gets a little more dexterous.
on March 2, 2016
The primary colors and different fabrics are great. Love this toy for babies.

I have yet to see a baby that didn't react favorably to this toy. The colors are perfect and give them so much to look at and then the different fabrics that make up the different wings provide entertainment for a young baby. The teething toy attached is perfect for a newly teething baby. You can hang this toy anywhere above them while they are younger or just give it to them when they are a little older to just play with.

This toy is such a classic for young babies. You can't go wrong with buying this one and giving it as a gift or getting it for your own child.
on May 12, 2015
Last week, it seemed like my then eleven week old baby started reaching for toys, but it was unclear whether he was truly reaching or just happen to move his arms randomly. He loves this product and not only does he reach for it, but he will do so during tummy time on a boppy. When he is in a sitting position on my lap he is very entertained: his hands are actively feeling all the textures and he loves the bright colors. I still try to engage him with other toys but this product is definitely his favorite to feel, which makes me happy because he is exploring with his hands.
on January 18, 2010
Freddie the Firefly is an excellent toy, a lot of entertainment in one small little guy! My son is currently almost 6 months old, and he has had it since he was about 2 months. It is his favorite toy! The teething berry that sits in the small pocket is wonderful, as my son started teething very early on. The little mirror on the wing is also perfect for babies around 2-3 months when they really start noticing their reflections. The toy has a squeaky wing, that my son loves to squeeze now. It is an excellent distractor when you are out shopping/strolling with your little one, as you can stick it on to the bar of any car seat or stroller canopy you have.

Definitely a must buy for any new parent.
on August 8, 2014
This toy has been a top infant toy on Amazon for years and with my second baby I decided to try it out and see why. I must say that my baby loved it. She loves the crinkle sound the wings make. Plus, on the back of the wings there are black and white patterns which keep her interested. I also find her just holding on to the rings at the bottom. She does like chewing on the red bug teether quite a bit as well. She is only five months old now so I'm sure as she gains more motor control she will be able to squeek the squeeker toy and lifet the flap for the mirror.

Only thing I don't like is that it's made in China and I have no idea if there are any toxic chemicals in the fabric. I did hand wash it in hot water with natural detergent before giving it to her so that made me feel a little better. Still, it's frustrating not to know exactly what I'm giving her which is why I only gave it four stars. As far as interest and functionality goes, it is definitely a five star toy.
on March 4, 2016
My grandson loves this toy. I love it too because not only is it easy to clean (drop it in the washing machine and dryer), but it clips on just about anything. It helps when children are at that "drop it on the floor and watch you pick it up" stage. By clipping it onto something, it doesn't hit the floor.

We've nick named it Mr. Buzz Buzz. When Mr. Buzz Buzz comes flying by, my grandson lights up. We play with Mr. Buzz Buzz and when I'm tired of playing, he uses it as a teething ring. He also loves the crackling paper sound it makes when you crunch the wings.

Mr. Buzz Buzz is a big hit in my home.
on October 7, 2013
This 'firefly' is just amazing and it has kept our baby amused for many months now.

The best thing about it is the bright colors. Too many items these days for babies don't have enough colors. Colors = fun for baby.
This toy is very colorful and even I like to play with it!

It has a squeaky toy in one wing, a 'mirror' (plastic) in another wing. There are also lots of crinkly bits. It's easy to hold and doesn't hurt if baby drops it on themselves! There's a ring at both ends so it can be hung from typical baby toy hooks.
There a teething ring which comes in really handy for when baby is teething as they can 'chew' it and no color will come off.
The furry surface hasn't degraded even after washing.
BTW, this thing is LARGE. It's about 10 or 11 inches long and about the same in width.

Well worth the money !!! Get it - you won't regret it.
on November 26, 2015
My son is eight months and still loves Freddie the firefly. He loves the crinkly noises and feeling the different textures on Freddie. As a newborn he loved staring at the back of Freddie's wings. It seems to also relax him because he often falls asleep while holding Freddie. Freddie is a great toy for before nap time.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.