Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on September 24, 2014
My baby girl LOVED this toy. It was the favorite among all of the Lamaze toys. She has had it since she was about 3 months old and it was HUGE in comparison to her size. She is now 6 months old and it is still a pretty big toy when it is on her in her car seat, but she loves the crinkle sounds it's wings make, loves chewing on the antennae and the rings (mainly the white one). She has not gotten into the squeaky on the wing and not so much so with the ladybug bite plate, Just loves gnawing on the head, wings and white clip. Now, I do have a few complaints for this product. We have purchased TWO of them now. The first one, shortly after receiving it, I noticed it started to tear on the fabric strip that holds the white clip/ring to Freddie's head. I thought it may have been from Sofia's eagerness, but I now believe it was just flawed stitching. Hand washing is the only way to clean this toy, which is fine, however, once you hand wash it you will notice the white is not really as white anymore because of the, what I assume are flexible metal pieces or plastic pieces inside the wings - they leave "strips" of dingy coloring. This isn't a big deal, just something I feel is worth mentioning, because Freddie doesn't look as clean any more even after a bath. Now, our second purchase we had to make because we thought we lost Freddie - and that is a big deal! So, Freddie #2 arrives and as I am cutting the little plastic tag strip to remove him from the cardboard, once free, I notice a pretty significant sized hole where the plastic strip had been - which was close to the seam on Freddie's head. SOooo, here we are with Freddie # 2 and he is damaged from the get-go. I am debating stitching it up or whether I should send him back - such a hassle. Also, we paid about $ 3 more for Freddie #2 for some reason, although both were purchased on Amazon within months of each other. Bottom line, Freddie the Firefly has been an amazing toy for our daughter and I highly recommend him - since others have failed. Lamaze Captain Calamari has been laying around for as long as Freddie # 1 and is just now receiving a tiny bit of interest (nominal), Lamaze Tug & Play Knot - having some success after a few months of dangling in front of her, and Lamaze Flutterbug - well, she is getting a little bitty bit of interest in this one when nothing else is around. My only suggestion, is if you get Freddie, look him over carefully for manufacturing defects and return him if you find any, because your baby will probably love him and you are going to want him to last.
review imagereview image
25 people found this helpful
Top Contributor: Babyon September 24, 2017
I purchased this for my 4 month old for tummy time and for car rides since he just started showing interest in grabbing and holding on to toys. When I opened the package, my husband joked, "man, they really stuck every distracting thing they could fit onto that toy," and it's true! The whole toy crinkles, there is a squeaker, a mirror, rings, a teether, bright colors on one side, and black and white colors on the back. It is a very versatile, engaging toy. The packaging says to surface-clean only but I threw it in the wash right after I got it (I wash everything that comes into contact with my baby's mouth first) and it washed perfectly on the delicate cycle and I hung it to dry.
10 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
It's a Wonderful awesome toy. Will keep your baby occupied for a long time. Busy exploring the unique Freddie the Firefly. Made of the valour, this friendly toy will bring many smiles to your infant's face. The toy comes with different textured material, colors, and patterns. On top of this, it has a peekaboo mirror multiple shapes, and Freddie's feet make a crinkle sound. It also has a squeaker and clanging rings. Unique, educational, discover and learn toy. Highly recommend.
review imagereview image
8 people found this helpful
on January 5, 2017
We have had several Lamaze toys and this one was the favorite with all three of our children. I have found that babies love the crinkling noises best and these have very large wings that are easy to manipulate to make the sound. My kids all loved the ladybug teether and the bright colors as well. This has a large strong clip that stays securely attached to the stroller, car seat and diaper bag. They have pulled so hard on this toy many times, putting their full weight on it and it doesn't stretch open and pop off like other clip-on toys have. I have thrown ours in the washing machine on gentle a few times and it has held up beautifully.
4 people found this helpful
on November 27, 2017
Our baby love it. She always try to catch it. I love that it has multiple purposes and feelings to it. It has a small mirror on one of the wings, and rattling ball on another wing. Before our baby turn 4 months she only interacted with a little bit but we used it a lot to get the her attention and calm her down. At four months, our baby started to interact with it much more and try to kick it or catch with her hands. We used rings to hang this toy closer to her so she can play with while she is in her seat. Also one of the wings come with a teether which our baby like to bite on frequently. Lovely and highly recommended.
2 people found this helpful
on November 15, 2012
My daughter loves Freddie!

The back of his wings are black and white patterns, and that is really neat. It makes me wish we had bought this for her sooner.

Now my daughter is 4.5 months old. She likes chewing on the wings (because they crinkle), and she likes chewing one the two bottom rings. She hasn't quite discovered the red teething thing yet, but I suspect she will really like it when she figures that out.

Freddie is extra fun because he has so many bright colors, and the fabrics and cords are all different textures. This toy has a ton of different textures! The mirror is too small for my daughter to be interested in it, so that was kind of disappointing because she does love mirrors.

But, she always finds this toy entertaining. It is our favorite toy to take along to distract her when she is in Baby Prison (aka. her car seat). Lately being strapped into her car seat has made her MAD, but Freddie helps her to forget about that really quickly. So, I can't complain too much about little things like the mirror being too small, because actually this toy makes my daughter and I both a lot happier.

Highly recommended. This toy is such a winner.
review image
10 people found this helpful
on February 10, 2017
Got this for our 2.5 month old. She loves to look at the black and white stripes and patterns on the back of the wings and she smiles when she hears the little jingle sound when you shake it. She also practices grabbing the rings on the toy when we place it near her. I think it will be a great toy for many months, as it also has a teether, rings, and lots of patterns and colors and textures. Great buy!
3 people found this helpful
on March 4, 2016
My grandson loves this toy. I love it too because not only is it easy to clean (drop it in the washing machine and dryer), but it clips on just about anything. It helps when children are at that "drop it on the floor and watch you pick it up" stage. By clipping it onto something, it doesn't hit the floor.

We've nick named it Mr. Buzz Buzz. When Mr. Buzz Buzz comes flying by, my grandson lights up. We play with Mr. Buzz Buzz and when I'm tired of playing, he uses it as a teething ring. He also loves the crackling paper sound it makes when you crunch the wings.

Mr. Buzz Buzz is a big hit in my home.
3 people found this helpful
on June 5, 2018
My baby 4 1/2 month and he fall in love with it
It’s really helpful ,beautiful and very attractive for the baby attention
When the baby catches it it has a sound look like if it has a plastic bag inside it so the baby always has a sound when he catches it
And this blue semi sphere has a very lovely squeeze
And the mirror it’s very catchy with it’s soft cover
And no need to say that the tooth gum it’s more than helpful but I think it’s need to be more gummy and less hard
But no word can describe my pleasure when he’s feeling bored and only I give it to him and his mood turn 180 he becomes soooooooooo happy noisy and smiley
Really it’s a magica toy
|0Comment|Report abuse
This is one of the more gender neutral design among the lamaze toys. I bought this for a friend who is pregnant with her 1st and it is perfect if you are not aware of the baby's gender and want to avoid getting more clothes for a baby shower.

I have the pink Dragon one with my daughter and which my son is now using, hence, my comment above! Lamaze toys are great in General, there's enough variety in colors and, textures to keep a curious baby busy without overstimulating them. They do last for a long time! They also say surface wash and I made the mistake of overlooking that and it survived the washing machine!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.