Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Color: Freddie the Firefly|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,455 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,736 reviews
on September 24, 2014
My baby girl LOVED this toy. It was the favorite among all of the Lamaze toys. She has had it since she was about 3 months old and it was HUGE in comparison to her size. She is now 6 months old and it is still a pretty big toy when it is on her in her car seat, but she loves the crinkle sounds it's wings make, loves chewing on the antennae and the rings (mainly the white one). She has not gotten into the squeaky on the wing and not so much so with the ladybug bite plate, Just loves gnawing on the head, wings and white clip. Now, I do have a few complaints for this product. We have purchased TWO of them now. The first one, shortly after receiving it, I noticed it started to tear on the fabric strip that holds the white clip/ring to Freddie's head. I thought it may have been from Sofia's eagerness, but I now believe it was just flawed stitching. Hand washing is the only way to clean this toy, which is fine, however, once you hand wash it you will notice the white is not really as white anymore because of the, what I assume are flexible metal pieces or plastic pieces inside the wings - they leave "strips" of dingy coloring. This isn't a big deal, just something I feel is worth mentioning, because Freddie doesn't look as clean any more even after a bath. Now, our second purchase we had to make because we thought we lost Freddie - and that is a big deal! So, Freddie #2 arrives and as I am cutting the little plastic tag strip to remove him from the cardboard, once free, I notice a pretty significant sized hole where the plastic strip had been - which was close to the seam on Freddie's head. SOooo, here we are with Freddie # 2 and he is damaged from the get-go. I am debating stitching it up or whether I should send him back - such a hassle. Also, we paid about $ 3 more for Freddie #2 for some reason, although both were purchased on Amazon within months of each other. Bottom line, Freddie the Firefly has been an amazing toy for our daughter and I highly recommend him - since others have failed. Lamaze Captain Calamari has been laying around for as long as Freddie # 1 and is just now receiving a tiny bit of interest (nominal), Lamaze Tug & Play Knot - having some success after a few months of dangling in front of her, and Lamaze Flutterbug - well, she is getting a little bitty bit of interest in this one when nothing else is around. My only suggestion, is if you get Freddie, look him over carefully for manufacturing defects and return him if you find any, because your baby will probably love him and you are going to want him to last.
review image review image
on June 25, 2016
My almost 3 month old daughter is already enamored by this toy. It's a great sensory tool that makes crinkly noises, contains a squeaker, a tethered teething piece, rings, and a mirror (albeit not one that's very clear, but that's understandable). The colors are also vibrant and cheerful, and I like the addition of the highly contrasting black and white on the backside of the wings and as the eyes on the firefly's face. She is especially drawn to black and white patterns, of which I realized due to her always tracking my geometric cell phone cover.

The designer(s) of this toy really understand children. She loves to touch, kick, taste, grab, gaze at, and pull on this toy. It also works well in the car attached to her car seat handle, and even helps distract during crying episodes where she can't be removed from her car seat.

I would highly recommend this toy!
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 2, 2017
I bought my daughter this toy when she was 3-month-old. Back then she didn't pay much interest in it. I was a bit disappointed, as I've read tons of positive review. But as my daughter was premature, I gave her some time and voila - when she was 5-month-old it became her favorite toy. In fact, she still has him in his bedroom and won't part with him (My daughter is 15-month-old now).

Firefly's various panels, attachments, textures, and noises are great for our little princess to explore and she will sit and play with him at length. His convenient hook allows us to attach him to our pram or car seat so she can take him out with her too. I'm finding it quite interesting to see how differently she plays with the toy now and when she was younger. She preferred to grab and shake the toy, uses her fingers to investigate all his different panels and pockets.

As a mom, I'm happy with the quality because during almost a year it hasn't torn, and if not the mirror, which was scratched by my daughter's teeth, would look like new.

Amazing materials, colors, textures, sounds, etc. All really well made so, even though quite expensive, the toys never seem to fail or wear out and therefore are actually pretty good value.
review image review image
on February 10, 2017
Got this for our 2.5 month old. She loves to look at the black and white stripes and patterns on the back of the wings and she smiles when she hears the little jingle sound when you shake it. She also practices grabbing the rings on the toy when we place it near her. I think it will be a great toy for many months, as it also has a teether, rings, and lots of patterns and colors and textures. Great buy!
VINE VOICEon October 11, 2012
I bought this for my son a month ago, when he was 3.5 months old and he took to it right away. He likes the crinkle sound of the wings and will grab at that part. He loves to put the wings in his mouth. He hasn't took interest to the mirror or the squeaker part. But if I put this toy in arm reach he will grab for it and explore the wings and chew on the crinkle parts. He really likes to grasp this toy.
It is a large toy, about the length of his torso so sometimes it is awkward for him to hold but he can grab hold of the wings which are his favorite part. He also likes to gnaw on the rings on the bottom and also hold the toy from the rings as well.
on January 18, 2010
Freddie the Firefly is an excellent toy, a lot of entertainment in one small little guy! My son is currently almost 6 months old, and he has had it since he was about 2 months. It is his favorite toy! The teething berry that sits in the small pocket is wonderful, as my son started teething very early on. The little mirror on the wing is also perfect for babies around 2-3 months when they really start noticing their reflections. The toy has a squeaky wing, that my son loves to squeeze now. It is an excellent distractor when you are out shopping/strolling with your little one, as you can stick it on to the bar of any car seat or stroller canopy you have.

Definitely a must buy for any new parent.
on January 24, 2014
Well-constructed, colors are as bright as the picture shows them, nice hang ring to suspend it from the bouncy seat. Grandbaby loves it (4-5 months) and so do I. It's scary buying baby toys today - so many reviews about dyes coming off onto the baby, bad smells and tastes, etc. So far the Lamaze toys I've gotten are all washable and well-made, and fun to play with. Thanks to all the good reviewers, too, for making it a little less scary.
on April 9, 2017
After wasting so much money on toys for my boy this time I am very particular in buying toys for my second child . Surprisingly my 2+ mo liked it ! I purchased freddie and make my daughter talk to him. She smiles every time I show her freddie , her new friend! Highly recommended.
on August 29, 2011
We bought this for our 6 month old daughter. I am very happy with it. Our daughter seems to really enjoy it, and she is very finicky when it comes to toys. If she doesn't like it, she won't even LOOK at it. But this one has passed the test. She likes the ladybug teether a lot. I attach it to our BOB stroller when we go for walks, and she chews and gnaws on it almost the entire time. She also likes the crinkle noises! I have seen her fascinated with the little knots on the antenna. Another thing she loves is when I put my fingers thru the little holes in the wing over the mirror and wiggle them at her. She cannot figure out where those fingers came from and she loves to grab them! The clacking rings are GREAT. She likes to chew on those as well, but she also likes the sound they make when she smacks the toy about. I am so glad I ordered this toy for her. We take it everywhere with us now. The only thing I can add is, we think this looks more like a dragonfly than the fireflys we are familiar with, so we have renamed it "Drew the Dragonfly" ;)
on November 30, 2014
I could have bought this at Target and saved shipping. It is a good little toy. It looks like it might do more but it does exactly what it looks like. Just for infant exploration, no sounds or pulling things. I think the rings must be for clipping onto strollers or jumpers so they don't fall on the floor

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.