Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Lamaze Freddie The Firefly
Color: Freddie the Firefly|Change

Top Contributor: Petson January 29, 2018
My 4 month old daughter has an insane amount of toys, but this one is by far her favorite. She will play with this forever. Our dog actually got a hold of this and chewed up the rings so I cut those off, ran it through the washer and air dried it, and she still loves it. We also bought her a new one, so now she has two (one and a half?) and she loves them both. This was one of the first toys she could actually grasp. She can hold it by the rings or wings. She loves eating the wings and staring at the black and white patterns on the back. I would definitely recommend this to all new parents or parents looking for a new toy!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on February 10, 2018
I love it! It's much bigger than I anticipated which is great. My baby loves it! Great entertainment for when I'm driving...he eventually falls asleep holding the rings in his hand. Easy to clean, stands up great after being washed once a week. I don't put it in the dryer, instead, I allow all my baby's toys to air dry.
on January 14, 2018
I bought Freddie for my son when he was 2 months old. At 4 months I finally see the benefit. This toy is so well crafted. The different textures and sounds...they are helping him learn something new everyday! I cannot speak highly enough about this toy!
on August 31, 2016
I don't typically write reviews i just leave start ratings. Let me start with the fact that i always pay full price and no one has asked me for this review, i just thought this one needed one and you and your little bundle of joy would really appreciate it. 1st things 1st. In a world where it seems quality is 2nd to volume of sells, this company, Tomy definitely puts quality first. There are features that you may not realize this toy has so I will try to break them down for you 1 by 1.
1. It is much larger than the pics show. It measures around 12 in x 13 in across.
2. It has a different array of textures across the body section
3. The legs are tied in knots to create a hard feeling against the soft body (even though they are fabric) giving your little one a new sensation.
4. One of the upper wings has a flap with what seems like eyeball holes for your child to look through and when you Lift the flap it is a plastic mirror that seems very durable.
5. There is another wing with a squeaky ball in it.
6. The colors are brilliant and will captivate your little one.
7. There is a pocket in one of the bottom wings that holds a tethered teething ring in it.
8. The back is all black and white contrast striped and polk a dots.
9. There is a large snap ring at the top to hang on car seat, swing etc...
10. The bottom has 2 rings for the little one to hold onto, teeth on our whatever.
11. There are 3 little flaps of fabric on the inside of the top right wing that are all just different textured flaps. Obviously they didn't have to add that but there fact that they did speaks volumes about the integrity and quality this company stands behind.
Nothing in this toy is second rate. I can honestly say that this is the best toy we have so far for our little one! I feel like this company put a lot of research into early child development stimulation research and packed this toy full of those results.
Way to go Tomy. I will always recommend you to any of our friends with children. Keep up the good work and thank you for the wonderful toy.
on January 23, 2018
Love this toy! Much better than expected :) love the clip option to that you can clip on in the car to keep the bang entertained.
on February 22, 2018
Black stain on toy before I even opened the bag.
on January 23, 2018
My son loves this and it keeps him entertained
on March 31, 2013
I'm an avid review reader, and most of my purchases are based on strong, high numbers of positive reviews. Especially since I'm a Grandma and wow have things changed in the babies dept since I was there. I'm blown away by all the nifty items that make life easier for Mom and Dad and grandparents. And fun for the kids. But having a first grandchild who prolly has way more toys than should be allowed (clearing throat since the 3 sets of grandparents are the culprits here) I've also watched my first grandchild choose what is of repeat interest to her and those toys that she gives a shot, then bans to the bottom of the toy chest never to be seen again.

She had a Lamaze toy very similar to this one when a baby and it was her favorite when she was just learning to control her fingers and tiny hands between 5-6 mos. It still makes an occasional appearance at age 3, it just brings a smile to her face when she runs into it again. Now that's a great toy/product in my book!

The construction is excellent, such a concern with babies and some toys that are made outside of USA. This product is made in China. The Lamaze name, in the past, has never disappointed us, and it is true in this product as well. The wings "crackle" with paper inside, there are different textures and a mirror to catch tiny eyes, ribbons with knots to grab, and a squeaky to discover. The clip on top makes it portable on infant carriers, car seats, play mats, jumpers......it went everywhere my grand daughter went, so expecting same with my new grandson.
VINE VOICEon September 25, 2009
Jacques is just the friend to stimulate your little one's senses. The bright colors attract and maintain his attention. The small size is ideal for a little one to hold and inspect. The wings, which contain some type of crinkle, sound-producing material, encourage grasping and squeezing to develop those finger and hand muscles. The rattle encourages Baby to learn that shaking Jacques will result in a noise - teaching cause and effect. It also provides valuable physical activity to develop arm muscles. The mirrored wing allows Baby to peek at himself and to explore the wonders of self-awareness.

Jacques is imitated; I saw a similar item at the "bull's eye" store which was one-third the cost, but was also inferior in quality. I certainly would not recommend purchasing it since it did not seem to be as well-made as Jacques. If you are going to purchase a toy for an infant you love, stick with the Lamaze Jacques the Peacock. You won't be disappointed and neither will Baby.
on November 17, 2017
This is the third Lamaze toy purchased and will continue to purchase more.
The colors on the peacock keep our daughter engaged even at 5 months. One feather has a squeaker, one has a small rattle, one has a mirror and one feather has multiple smaller feathers on it of different materials. Each feather in made of crinkle fabric that my baby loves the sound of.
Durable toy that has easily handled baby drool and baby gums. Easy to take with on car trips and stroller trips.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.