Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on November 23, 2015
I purchased this toy for my twin granddaughters because the colors were so lovely and the animal was extremely cute! Most importantly, the product description gave complete information that ascertained there were no harmful materials or chemicals that could harm my grandbabies. I had it mailed to my address so that I could take it and other gifts when I flew to my daughter's house for Christmas. Quite a speedy delivery,I received it yesterday and when I pulled it out of the box I was shocked at the size and colors of this toy! The peacock is much bigger than I expected and the beautiful colors are beyond any baby toy I've seen...it's gorgeous!! I realized that I could NOT just bring one for my grandgirls, so I looked on the Lamaze site and found "Fifi the firefly". As I'm not sure that Fifi will be as large as Jacque, I am certain that the colors will be gorgeous. Whereas the Peacock is wide the firefly is long, a reviewer wrote that the long toy was easier for her 4mo old to handle. My grandchildren will be 5mo old by Christmas so I think each toys' variety of length and width size will be an asset for their learning to manipulate both. As they live in the South, I hope we will have warm days when I can use the ring on each toy to attach the toys to their double stroller. Besides the size and colors of Jaque; each 'feather' segment contains various stimulating surfaces such as mirror, crinkly, silky, puffy, knits as well as a face with big embroidered eyes, and a cute conical nose. On the back of the peacock are different black and white designs on each of the surfaces: stripes, polkadots, triangles, and rectangles. In addition to the visual and tactile there is also a rattle for sound stimulation. I am so pleased the toy has such a range of developmental opportunities for babies. I will highly recommend this Lamaze product. When I return after Christmas I will post information about the babies interaction with the Lamaze products especially Fifi the firefly which I've not received as of yet. Therefore those comments will be posted in the Fifi review. However I have great expectations of both!
on March 6, 2017
Love the colors and it's the first toy where I saw my 3 month old son's eyes grow wide with curiosity. Haven't seen him amazed at any other toy and I believe it's all the bright vibrant colors. He loves to tug on Jacque's satin arms and grab at the feathers. I'm so glad to have found something he has more of a deeper interest in because I noticed he didn't seem too interested in other toys I have for him.

Beautiful and a very effective toy. It's also very well made and doesn't feel cheap. I'm glad I found this company. I also bought the Hanky Whale and it's just as beautiful and grabs a lot of attention.
Top Contributor: Babieson November 29, 2017
I don't know what it is about the Lamaze toys but they are my son's absolute favorites. He can play with them for a very long time. The colors, the fabrics, the crinkle sound, the little mirror, etc - all appeal to babies senses and helps them learn! The loop on the top lets you attach the toys to really anything - a jumper, car seat, etc. The only negative is that it is a fabric toy so harder to keep clean but in my opinion worth it.
on December 5, 2017
Fourth purchase as a baby gift. Each time, the parent(s) inform me that the baby loves to play with it. The colors are so vibrant, and each peacock wing offers something uniquely stimulating (mirror, crinkle, rattle, various textures, various colors). It's easy to hold for tiny hands (probably by one of the wings) and fairly lightweight (3.2 ounces), though it is somewhat cumbersome because it is a little bigger than I expected (11.9 x 8.1 x 2.8 inches). But, don't let the size discourage you from buying it. Also, quite easy to clip to car seat, etc. It comes packaged in a protective plastic bag, which I appreciate. I will definitely purchase again.
on December 21, 2013
I don't have any kids, but I've purchased several Jacques over the past five years, as gifts. The first one I bought was such a hit with my nephew, that every time a friend of mine had a baby, I got one for them.

I'm sad to report that like so many other things, Jacque is being made cheaper these days than he was 4 or 5 years ago. Most notably, the back of his wings used to be made of very busy, intricate black and white patterns. If you check Google Images for Jacque the Peacock, you will see what I mean. Now, the back of each wing is a much simpler checkerboard or stripes, polka dots, or triangles. The point of the patterns on the back was to give babies something to focus on and admire. Engage the part of your mind that gets fascinated when you stare at complex and beautiful things. I'm very disappointed to see they've been "dumbed down."

TOMY and Lamaze? Are you listening? I'd rather pay a dollar or two more than be given a cheaper product.
on March 31, 2013
I'm an avid review reader, and most of my purchases are based on strong, high numbers of positive reviews. Especially since I'm a Grandma and wow have things changed in the babies dept since I was there. I'm blown away by all the nifty items that make life easier for Mom and Dad and grandparents. And fun for the kids. But having a first grandchild who prolly has way more toys than should be allowed (clearing throat since the 3 sets of grandparents are the culprits here) I've also watched my first grandchild choose what is of repeat interest to her and those toys that she gives a shot, then bans to the bottom of the toy chest never to be seen again.

She had a Lamaze toy very similar to this one when a baby and it was her favorite when she was just learning to control her fingers and tiny hands between 5-6 mos. It still makes an occasional appearance at age 3, it just brings a smile to her face when she runs into it again. Now that's a great toy/product in my book!

The construction is excellent, such a concern with babies and some toys that are made outside of USA. This product is made in China. The Lamaze name, in the past, has never disappointed us, and it is true in this product as well. The wings "crackle" with paper inside, there are different textures and a mirror to catch tiny eyes, ribbons with knots to grab, and a squeaky to discover. The clip on top makes it portable on infant carriers, car seats, play mats, jumpers......it went everywhere my grand daughter went, so expecting same with my new grandson.
on November 17, 2017
This is the third Lamaze toy purchased and will continue to purchase more.
The colors on the peacock keep our daughter engaged even at 5 months. One feather has a squeaker, one has a small rattle, one has a mirror and one feather has multiple smaller feathers on it of different materials. Each feather in made of crinkle fabric that my baby loves the sound of.
Durable toy that has easily handled baby drool and baby gums. Easy to take with on car trips and stroller trips.
on November 27, 2011
it's been some time since i have been thinking about this review but i just can't find the right words to describe this little guy...so i'll just go with "WOW"!
i have had my fair share of "what was i thinkin when i bought this"...but this aint one of 'em!
my son absolutely loves this toy. matter of fact it is the first toy i introduced to him once he started reaching for stuff and now it goes every where he does :) it's one of the few things that can keep him occupied and interested for a prolonged period and for any mom that is a wonderful thing ;)
Lamaze certainly did their research before creating this lil guy: size, weight, colors, entertainment...all the factors of a wonderful present. (i don't attach him to anything i leave him as a hand held in the cradle or in the car)
the only flaw i found with the design is that after a few days of nibbling the feet started to separate and soon became two sets of three layers-of which the middle one was fraying like crazy-so i removed it completely and just left the two flaps of felt(?)
so fascinated was i with Jacque that i got Freddie as a backup in case i had to wash Jacque or forgot to tag him along-but i must say that i prefer Jacque for the simple reason that he is smaller and much more manageable for a kid who is not yet sitting up to play: the click clack rings on Freddie make him a little "risky"- i am somehow afraid they will hit my baby in his eyes once he lifts the toy over his face-not like baby minds! he loves 'em both- guess he doesn't know what 'danger' is just yet :-P
on January 13, 2018
Love Lamaze toys!! This one is great and always captures my daughters attention (almost 4 months old) because the body of Jacque is so bright! She loves Lamaze toys so much - they are the only ones that really capture and keep her attention for a lengthy period of time. She also gets so fixated on scrunching Jacque's wings because of the crinkly sound and feeling. Definitely a great purchase.
on May 13, 2012
We put Jacque on the side of the crib the day we came home from the hospital, when our little boy was only 3 days old, and he was immediately entranced by the black and white side. I think the first time he stared at it for almost 20 minutes! Yesterday I started tapping at the feathers so he could hear the crinkly sounds, and also rubbed his hand on the fuzzy yellow body. He's just 5 days old today, and he is already hitting it with his hands to make the crinkly noise (all the wings make the crinkly noise). We have a mini-crib (DaVinci Alpha Mini Rocking Crib - Natural), and with his mattress (CRESCENT MINI CRIB 50 COIL MATTRESS) at the top height, Jacque sits nicely on the mattress when attached to the crib railing, and is easy to flip to the outside of the crib bars when our little one is sleeping (and he can still see the black and white patterns through the crib bars).
review imagereview imagereview image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.