Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Style: Jacques the Peacock|Change

Showing 1-10 of 509 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 652 reviews
on November 23, 2015
I purchased this toy for my twin granddaughters because the colors were so lovely and the animal was extremely cute! Most importantly, the product description gave complete information that ascertained there were no harmful materials or chemicals that could harm my grandbabies. I had it mailed to my address so that I could take it and other gifts when I flew to my daughter's house for Christmas. Quite a speedy delivery,I received it yesterday and when I pulled it out of the box I was shocked at the size and colors of this toy! The peacock is much bigger than I expected and the beautiful colors are beyond any baby toy I've seen...it's gorgeous!! I realized that I could NOT just bring one for my grandgirls, so I looked on the Lamaze site and found "Fifi the firefly". As I'm not sure that Fifi will be as large as Jacque, I am certain that the colors will be gorgeous. Whereas the Peacock is wide the firefly is long, a reviewer wrote that the long toy was easier for her 4mo old to handle. My grandchildren will be 5mo old by Christmas so I think each toys' variety of length and width size will be an asset for their learning to manipulate both. As they live in the South, I hope we will have warm days when I can use the ring on each toy to attach the toys to their double stroller. Besides the size and colors of Jaque; each 'feather' segment contains various stimulating surfaces such as mirror, crinkly, silky, puffy, knits as well as a face with big embroidered eyes, and a cute conical nose. On the back of the peacock are different black and white designs on each of the surfaces: stripes, polkadots, triangles, and rectangles. In addition to the visual and tactile there is also a rattle for sound stimulation. I am so pleased the toy has such a range of developmental opportunities for babies. I will highly recommend this Lamaze product. When I return after Christmas I will post information about the babies interaction with the Lamaze products especially Fifi the firefly which I've not received as of yet. Therefore those comments will be posted in the Fifi review. However I have great expectations of both!
on March 6, 2017
Love the colors and it's the first toy where I saw my 3 month old son's eyes grow wide with curiosity. Haven't seen him amazed at any other toy and I believe it's all the bright vibrant colors. He loves to tug on Jacque's satin arms and grab at the feathers. I'm so glad to have found something he has more of a deeper interest in because I noticed he didn't seem too interested in other toys I have for him.

Beautiful and a very effective toy. It's also very well made and doesn't feel cheap. I'm glad I found this company. I also bought the Hanky Whale and it's just as beautiful and grabs a lot of attention.
on March 31, 2013
I'm an avid review reader, and most of my purchases are based on strong, high numbers of positive reviews. Especially since I'm a Grandma and wow have things changed in the babies dept since I was there. I'm blown away by all the nifty items that make life easier for Mom and Dad and grandparents. And fun for the kids. But having a first grandchild who prolly has way more toys than should be allowed (clearing throat since the 3 sets of grandparents are the culprits here) I've also watched my first grandchild choose what is of repeat interest to her and those toys that she gives a shot, then bans to the bottom of the toy chest never to be seen again.

She had a Lamaze toy very similar to this one when a baby and it was her favorite when she was just learning to control her fingers and tiny hands between 5-6 mos. It still makes an occasional appearance at age 3, it just brings a smile to her face when she runs into it again. Now that's a great toy/product in my book!

The construction is excellent, such a concern with babies and some toys that are made outside of USA. This product is made in China. The Lamaze name, in the past, has never disappointed us, and it is true in this product as well. The wings "crackle" with paper inside, there are different textures and a mirror to catch tiny eyes, ribbons with knots to grab, and a squeaky to discover. The clip on top makes it portable on infant carriers, car seats, play mats, jumpers......it went everywhere my grand daughter went, so expecting same with my new grandson.
on January 21, 2017
So cute. I bought it when my daughter was a few months old and she would happily play with it. I think all the colors and noise it made when she scrunched it would attract her attention. I liked how it has a hook to hang it from the car seat or the stroller, so the baby can grab at it. I would also hang it from her "baby activity gym" or whatever that baby mat thing is called. I loved it so much I bought one for my Pastor's baby daughter too. And then I lost mine so I bought a third. lol
on March 1, 2017
This has been my son's favorite toy since he was about a week old. He loved the black and white patterns and would stare at him while in his swing. (It has a really nice clip that makes it attachable) now that he is almost 3 months he smiles when he notices it's colorful patterns and likes to swat at it and touch it's textured feathers. Definitely a great first toy.
on March 18, 2017
This is my favorite baby showe gift. All babies love Jacque the Peacock. Each tail feather has a different feel/sound to it. One is crinkly, one has a squeaker, one rattles, and one has a mirror. It's perfect for hanging from a variety of things. They never get sick of it!
on April 25, 2017
Oh Jacques, you are my son's favorite toy. At 11 weeks, if we lay him on his playmat with Jacques dangling above, he'll wack at him and scream with happiness! This is the first toy he has truly studied and been interested in, so we consider him his "favorite". This is a good buy.
Jacques is just the friend to stimulate your little one's senses. The bright colors attract and maintain his attention. The small size is ideal for a little one to hold and inspect. The wings, which contain some type of crinkle, sound-producing material, encourage grasping and squeezing to develop those finger and hand muscles. The rattle encourages Baby to learn that shaking Jacques will result in a noise - teaching cause and effect. It also provides valuable physical activity to develop arm muscles. The mirrored wing allows Baby to peek at himself and to explore the wonders of self-awareness.

Jacques is imitated; I saw a similar item at the "bull's eye" store which was one-third the cost, but was also inferior in quality. I certainly would not recommend purchasing it since it did not seem to be as well-made as Jacques. If you are going to purchase a toy for an infant you love, stick with the Lamaze Jacques the Peacock. You won't be disappointed and neither will Baby.
on May 28, 2017
Lamaze make some of the best infant toys. The materials used & quality show in all their baby toys. I will continue to purchase the Lamaze toys until my grandson has them all.
on November 27, 2010
This toy was one of the first that our baby liked as an infant. So much, in fact, that I kept it stored away because he helped us through many car rides and dinners out. We consider Jacques to be part of the family, even though he's in a storage box, now. He kept the baby's attention and she loved playing with his "crinkle" wings and sucking on his face. Other similar toys just didn't cut the muster compared to Jacques. He was her first love. I thought I'd try the other Lamaze toys, which are similar to Jacques...I think I had the Moose and something else, but she didn't care for them. Something about Jacques was mysterious and intruiging to our infant.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.