Industrial Deals Amazon First Reads Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now TG18SW_gno

Lamaze Jacque The Peacock
Color: Jacques the Peacock|Change

on June 25, 2016
My almost 3 month old daughter is already enamored by this toy. It's a great sensory tool that makes crinkly noises, contains a squeaker, a tethered teething piece, rings, and a mirror (albeit not one that's very clear, but that's understandable). The colors are also vibrant and cheerful, and I like the addition of the highly contrasting black and white on the backside of the wings and as the eyes on the firefly's face. She is especially drawn to black and white patterns, of which I realized due to her always tracking my geometric cell phone cover.

The designer(s) of this toy really understand children. She loves to touch, kick, taste, grab, gaze at, and pull on this toy. It also works well in the car attached to her car seat handle, and even helps distract during crying episodes where she can't be removed from her car seat.

I would highly recommend this toy!
review image
on September 24, 2014
My baby girl LOVED this toy. It was the favorite among all of the Lamaze toys. She has had it since she was about 3 months old and it was HUGE in comparison to her size. She is now 6 months old and it is still a pretty big toy when it is on her in her car seat, but she loves the crinkle sounds it's wings make, loves chewing on the antennae and the rings (mainly the white one). She has not gotten into the squeaky on the wing and not so much so with the ladybug bite plate, Just loves gnawing on the head, wings and white clip. Now, I do have a few complaints for this product. We have purchased TWO of them now. The first one, shortly after receiving it, I noticed it started to tear on the fabric strip that holds the white clip/ring to Freddie's head. I thought it may have been from Sofia's eagerness, but I now believe it was just flawed stitching. Hand washing is the only way to clean this toy, which is fine, however, once you hand wash it you will notice the white is not really as white anymore because of the, what I assume are flexible metal pieces or plastic pieces inside the wings - they leave "strips" of dingy coloring. This isn't a big deal, just something I feel is worth mentioning, because Freddie doesn't look as clean any more even after a bath. Now, our second purchase we had to make because we thought we lost Freddie - and that is a big deal! So, Freddie #2 arrives and as I am cutting the little plastic tag strip to remove him from the cardboard, once free, I notice a pretty significant sized hole where the plastic strip had been - which was close to the seam on Freddie's head. SOooo, here we are with Freddie # 2 and he is damaged from the get-go. I am debating stitching it up or whether I should send him back - such a hassle. Also, we paid about $ 3 more for Freddie #2 for some reason, although both were purchased on Amazon within months of each other. Bottom line, Freddie the Firefly has been an amazing toy for our daughter and I highly recommend him - since others have failed. Lamaze Captain Calamari has been laying around for as long as Freddie # 1 and is just now receiving a tiny bit of interest (nominal), Lamaze Tug & Play Knot - having some success after a few months of dangling in front of her, and Lamaze Flutterbug - well, she is getting a little bitty bit of interest in this one when nothing else is around. My only suggestion, is if you get Freddie, look him over carefully for manufacturing defects and return him if you find any, because your baby will probably love him and you are going to want him to last.
review imagereview image
Top Contributor: Petson January 29, 2018
My 4 month old daughter has an insane amount of toys, but this one is by far her favorite. She will play with this forever. Our dog actually got a hold of this and chewed up the rings so I cut those off, ran it through the washer and air dried it, and she still loves it. We also bought her a new one, so now she has two (one and a half?) and she loves them both. This was one of the first toys she could actually grasp. She can hold it by the rings or wings. She loves eating the wings and staring at the black and white patterns on the back. I would definitely recommend this to all new parents or parents looking for a new toy!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on September 24, 2017
I purchased this for my 4 month old for tummy time and for car rides since he just started showing interest in grabbing and holding on to toys. When I opened the package, my husband joked, "man, they really stuck every distracting thing they could fit onto that toy," and it's true! The whole toy crinkles, there is a squeaker, a mirror, rings, a teether, bright colors on one side, and black and white colors on the back. It is a very versatile, engaging toy. The packaging says to surface-clean only but I threw it in the wash right after I got it (I wash everything that comes into contact with my baby's mouth first) and it washed perfectly on the delicate cycle and I hung it to dry.
on November 23, 2015
I purchased this toy for my twin granddaughters because the colors were so lovely and the animal was extremely cute! Most importantly, the product description gave complete information that ascertained there were no harmful materials or chemicals that could harm my grandbabies. I had it mailed to my address so that I could take it and other gifts when I flew to my daughter's house for Christmas. Quite a speedy delivery,I received it yesterday and when I pulled it out of the box I was shocked at the size and colors of this toy! The peacock is much bigger than I expected and the beautiful colors are beyond any baby toy I've's gorgeous!! I realized that I could NOT just bring one for my grandgirls, so I looked on the Lamaze site and found "Fifi the firefly". As I'm not sure that Fifi will be as large as Jacque, I am certain that the colors will be gorgeous. Whereas the Peacock is wide the firefly is long, a reviewer wrote that the long toy was easier for her 4mo old to handle. My grandchildren will be 5mo old by Christmas so I think each toys' variety of length and width size will be an asset for their learning to manipulate both. As they live in the South, I hope we will have warm days when I can use the ring on each toy to attach the toys to their double stroller. Besides the size and colors of Jaque; each 'feather' segment contains various stimulating surfaces such as mirror, crinkly, silky, puffy, knits as well as a face with big embroidered eyes, and a cute conical nose. On the back of the peacock are different black and white designs on each of the surfaces: stripes, polkadots, triangles, and rectangles. In addition to the visual and tactile there is also a rattle for sound stimulation. I am so pleased the toy has such a range of developmental opportunities for babies. I will highly recommend this Lamaze product. When I return after Christmas I will post information about the babies interaction with the Lamaze products especially Fifi the firefly which I've not received as of yet. Therefore those comments will be posted in the Fifi review. However I have great expectations of both!
on January 5, 2017
We have had several Lamaze toys and this one was the favorite with all three of our children. I have found that babies love the crinkling noises best and these have very large wings that are easy to manipulate to make the sound. My kids all loved the ladybug teether and the bright colors as well. This has a large strong clip that stays securely attached to the stroller, car seat and diaper bag. They have pulled so hard on this toy many times, putting their full weight on it and it doesn't stretch open and pop off like other clip-on toys have. I have thrown ours in the washing machine on gentle a few times and it has held up beautifully.
on June 19, 2017
My son loves this! Every time he starts crying, I put this in front of him and he stops immediately.
Btw he's 3 months only.
The only problem is that this is too big for him because he still can't hold it. I have to hold it for him.
on March 6, 2017
Love the colors and it's the first toy where I saw my 3 month old son's eyes grow wide with curiosity. Haven't seen him amazed at any other toy and I believe it's all the bright vibrant colors. He loves to tug on Jacque's satin arms and grab at the feathers. I'm so glad to have found something he has more of a deeper interest in because I noticed he didn't seem too interested in other toys I have for him.

Beautiful and a very effective toy. It's also very well made and doesn't feel cheap. I'm glad I found this company. I also bought the Hanky Whale and it's just as beautiful and grabs a lot of attention.
on November 27, 2017
Our baby love it. She always try to catch it. I love that it has multiple purposes and feelings to it. It has a small mirror on one of the wings, and rattling ball on another wing. Before our baby turn 4 months she only interacted with a little bit but we used it a lot to get the her attention and calm her down. At four months, our baby started to interact with it much more and try to kick it or catch with her hands. We used rings to hang this toy closer to her so she can play with while she is in her seat. Also one of the wings come with a teether which our baby like to bite on frequently. Lovely and highly recommended.
on August 27, 2014
Ah Freddie..... We would be lost without you!!!

This is our son's favourite toy. The colours are wonderful and bright, the different textures, materials etc are amazing. This toy holds his attn. for what seems like hours, and then we realize he has fallen asleep hugging Freddie. Our baby is 4 months and chews on everything this toy has to offer, the wings, Freddie's face, both plastic rings. He loves the two holes in the pink wing as he can get his little fingers in and wave the toy around. The only thing he doesn't really care is the actual chew toy part of Freddie, but that is fine as we just tuck it in it's pouch and it stays there.

I bought this toy for a friend who is expecting, who is a early learning teacher and she loves it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.