Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Acoutsic Christmas PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Lamaze Jacque The Peacock
Style: Jacques the Peacock|Change
Price:$8.79+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on November 23, 2015
I purchased this toy for my twin granddaughters because the colors were so lovely and the animal was extremely cute! Most importantly, the product description gave complete information that ascertained there were no harmful materials or chemicals that could harm my grandbabies. I had it mailed to my address so that I could take it and other gifts when I flew to my daughter's house for Christmas. Quite a speedy delivery,I received it yesterday and when I pulled it out of the box I was shocked at the size and colors of this toy! The peacock is much bigger than I expected and the beautiful colors are beyond any baby toy I've seen...it's gorgeous!! I realized that I could NOT just bring one for my grandgirls, so I looked on the Lamaze site and found "Fifi the firefly". As I'm not sure that Fifi will be as large as Jacque, I am certain that the colors will be gorgeous. Whereas the Peacock is wide the firefly is long, a reviewer wrote that the long toy was easier for her 4mo old to handle. My grandchildren will be 5mo old by Christmas so I think each toys' variety of length and width size will be an asset for their learning to manipulate both. As they live in the South, I hope we will have warm days when I can use the ring on each toy to attach the toys to their double stroller. Besides the size and colors of Jaque; each 'feather' segment contains various stimulating surfaces such as mirror, crinkly, silky, puffy, knits as well as a face with big embroidered eyes, and a cute conical nose. On the back of the peacock are different black and white designs on each of the surfaces: stripes, polkadots, triangles, and rectangles. In addition to the visual and tactile there is also a rattle for sound stimulation. I am so pleased the toy has such a range of developmental opportunities for babies. I will highly recommend this Lamaze product. When I return after Christmas I will post information about the babies interaction with the Lamaze products especially Fifi the firefly which I've not received as of yet. Therefore those comments will be posted in the Fifi review. However I have great expectations of both!
on March 6, 2017
Love the colors and it's the first toy where I saw my 3 month old son's eyes grow wide with curiosity. Haven't seen him amazed at any other toy and I believe it's all the bright vibrant colors. He loves to tug on Jacque's satin arms and grab at the feathers. I'm so glad to have found something he has more of a deeper interest in because I noticed he didn't seem too interested in other toys I have for him.

Beautiful and a very effective toy. It's also very well made and doesn't feel cheap. I'm glad I found this company. I also bought the Hanky Whale and it's just as beautiful and grabs a lot of attention.
on December 5, 2017
Fourth purchase as a baby gift. Each time, the parent(s) inform me that the baby loves to play with it. The colors are so vibrant, and each peacock wing offers something uniquely stimulating (mirror, crinkle, rattle, various textures, various colors). It's easy to hold for tiny hands (probably by one of the wings) and fairly lightweight (3.2 ounces), though it is somewhat cumbersome because it is a little bigger than I expected (11.9 x 8.1 x 2.8 inches). But, don't let the size discourage you from buying it. Also, quite easy to clip to car seat, etc. It comes packaged in a protective plastic bag, which I appreciate. I will definitely purchase again.
on March 31, 2013
I'm an avid review reader, and most of my purchases are based on strong, high numbers of positive reviews. Especially since I'm a Grandma and wow have things changed in the babies dept since I was there. I'm blown away by all the nifty items that make life easier for Mom and Dad and grandparents. And fun for the kids. But having a first grandchild who prolly has way more toys than should be allowed (clearing throat since the 3 sets of grandparents are the culprits here) I've also watched my first grandchild choose what is of repeat interest to her and those toys that she gives a shot, then bans to the bottom of the toy chest never to be seen again.

She had a Lamaze toy very similar to this one when a baby and it was her favorite when she was just learning to control her fingers and tiny hands between 5-6 mos. It still makes an occasional appearance at age 3, it just brings a smile to her face when she runs into it again. Now that's a great toy/product in my book!

The construction is excellent, such a concern with babies and some toys that are made outside of USA. This product is made in China. The Lamaze name, in the past, has never disappointed us, and it is true in this product as well. The wings "crackle" with paper inside, there are different textures and a mirror to catch tiny eyes, ribbons with knots to grab, and a squeaky to discover. The clip on top makes it portable on infant carriers, car seats, play mats, jumpers......it went everywhere my grand daughter went, so expecting same with my new grandson.
on November 17, 2017
This is the third Lamaze toy purchased and will continue to purchase more.
The colors on the peacock keep our daughter engaged even at 5 months. One feather has a squeaker, one has a small rattle, one has a mirror and one feather has multiple smaller feathers on it of different materials. Each feather in made of crinkle fabric that my baby loves the sound of.
Durable toy that has easily handled baby drool and baby gums. Easy to take with on car trips and stroller trips.
Top Contributor: Petson November 29, 2017
I don't know what it is about the Lamaze toys but they are my son's absolute favorites. He can play with them for a very long time. The colors, the fabrics, the crinkle sound, the little mirror, etc - all appeal to babies senses and helps them learn! The loop on the top lets you attach the toys to really anything - a jumper, car seat, etc. The only negative is that it is a fabric toy so harder to keep clean but in my opinion worth it.
on January 21, 2017
So cute. I bought it when my daughter was a few months old and she would happily play with it. I think all the colors and noise it made when she scrunched it would attract her attention. I liked how it has a hook to hang it from the car seat or the stroller, so the baby can grab at it. I would also hang it from her "baby activity gym" or whatever that baby mat thing is called. I loved it so much I bought one for my Pastor's baby daughter too. And then I lost mine so I bought a third. lol
on March 18, 2017
This is my favorite baby showe gift. All babies love Jacque the Peacock. Each tail feather has a different feel/sound to it. One is crinkly, one has a squeaker, one rattles, and one has a mirror. It's perfect for hanging from a variety of things. They never get sick of it!
on April 25, 2017
Oh Jacques, you are my son's favorite toy. At 11 weeks, if we lay him on his playmat with Jacques dangling above, he'll wack at him and scream with happiness! This is the first toy he has truly studied and been interested in, so we consider him his "favorite". This is a good buy.
VINE VOICEon September 25, 2009
Jacques is just the friend to stimulate your little one's senses. The bright colors attract and maintain his attention. The small size is ideal for a little one to hold and inspect. The wings, which contain some type of crinkle, sound-producing material, encourage grasping and squeezing to develop those finger and hand muscles. The rattle encourages Baby to learn that shaking Jacques will result in a noise - teaching cause and effect. It also provides valuable physical activity to develop arm muscles. The mirrored wing allows Baby to peek at himself and to explore the wonders of self-awareness.

Jacques is imitated; I saw a similar item at the "bull's eye" store which was one-third the cost, but was also inferior in quality. I certainly would not recommend purchasing it since it did not seem to be as well-made as Jacques. If you are going to purchase a toy for an infant you love, stick with the Lamaze Jacques the Peacock. You won't be disappointed and neither will Baby.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.