Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Style: Jacques the Peacock|Change

Showing 1-10 of 502 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 644 reviews
on November 23, 2015
I purchased this toy for my twin granddaughters because the colors were so lovely and the animal was extremely cute! Most importantly, the product description gave complete information that ascertained there were no harmful materials or chemicals that could harm my grandbabies. I had it mailed to my address so that I could take it and other gifts when I flew to my daughter's house for Christmas. Quite a speedy delivery,I received it yesterday and when I pulled it out of the box I was shocked at the size and colors of this toy! The peacock is much bigger than I expected and the beautiful colors are beyond any baby toy I've seen...it's gorgeous!! I realized that I could NOT just bring one for my grandgirls, so I looked on the Lamaze site and found "Fifi the firefly". As I'm not sure that Fifi will be as large as Jacque, I am certain that the colors will be gorgeous. Whereas the Peacock is wide the firefly is long, a reviewer wrote that the long toy was easier for her 4mo old to handle. My grandchildren will be 5mo old by Christmas so I think each toys' variety of length and width size will be an asset for their learning to manipulate both. As they live in the South, I hope we will have warm days when I can use the ring on each toy to attach the toys to their double stroller. Besides the size and colors of Jaque; each 'feather' segment contains various stimulating surfaces such as mirror, crinkly, silky, puffy, knits as well as a face with big embroidered eyes, and a cute conical nose. On the back of the peacock are different black and white designs on each of the surfaces: stripes, polkadots, triangles, and rectangles. In addition to the visual and tactile there is also a rattle for sound stimulation. I am so pleased the toy has such a range of developmental opportunities for babies. I will highly recommend this Lamaze product. When I return after Christmas I will post information about the babies interaction with the Lamaze products especially Fifi the firefly which I've not received as of yet. Therefore those comments will be posted in the Fifi review. However I have great expectations of both!
on March 6, 2017
Love the colors and it's the first toy where I saw my 3 month old son's eyes grow wide with curiosity. Haven't seen him amazed at any other toy and I believe it's all the bright vibrant colors. He loves to tug on Jacque's satin arms and grab at the feathers. I'm so glad to have found something he has more of a deeper interest in because I noticed he didn't seem too interested in other toys I have for him.

Beautiful and a very effective toy. It's also very well made and doesn't feel cheap. I'm glad I found this company. I also bought the Hanky Whale and it's just as beautiful and grabs a lot of attention.
on January 31, 2010
I've never written a review for any baby toys before, but I'm going to make an exception for Jacques. We call him Pierre the Peacock, because alliteration is more fun than consonance, but I digress.

As far as our 5-month-old is concerned, Jacques is the greatest thing that has ever existed. Our son goes absolutely insane at the mere sight of Jacques. Even a month ago, when he was not such a grabby baby, he wanted to touch all parts of Jacques simultaneously. With great intensity, he wants to stare at Jacques and never look away; he wants to squeak and scream and laugh at Jacques as loud as he can. His love for Jacques is metaphysical.

In fact, if it was possible to be a little too excited by a toy, Jacques might potentially fit that bill. Sometimes our son is overwhelmed by his excitement for Jacques. Jacques is baby cocaine.

Our only complaint is that we wish Jacques was machine-washable. He fell on the garage floor and got very dirty, and now our son spends his days in a deep, Jacques-less, existential depression. C'est la vie...
88 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2013
I don't have any kids, but I've purchased several Jacques over the past five years, as gifts. The first one I bought was such a hit with my nephew, that every time a friend of mine had a baby, I got one for them.

I'm sad to report that like so many other things, Jacque is being made cheaper these days than he was 4 or 5 years ago. Most notably, the back of his wings used to be made of very busy, intricate black and white patterns. If you check Google Images for Jacque the Peacock, you will see what I mean. Now, the back of each wing is a much simpler checkerboard or stripes, polka dots, or triangles. The point of the patterns on the back was to give babies something to focus on and admire. Engage the part of your mind that gets fascinated when you stare at complex and beautiful things. I'm very disappointed to see they've been "dumbed down."

TOMY and Lamaze? Are you listening? I'd rather pay a dollar or two more than be given a cheaper product.
on March 31, 2013
I'm an avid review reader, and most of my purchases are based on strong, high numbers of positive reviews. Especially since I'm a Grandma and wow have things changed in the babies dept since I was there. I'm blown away by all the nifty items that make life easier for Mom and Dad and grandparents. And fun for the kids. But having a first grandchild who prolly has way more toys than should be allowed (clearing throat since the 3 sets of grandparents are the culprits here) I've also watched my first grandchild choose what is of repeat interest to her and those toys that she gives a shot, then bans to the bottom of the toy chest never to be seen again.

She had a Lamaze toy very similar to this one when a baby and it was her favorite when she was just learning to control her fingers and tiny hands between 5-6 mos. It still makes an occasional appearance at age 3, it just brings a smile to her face when she runs into it again. Now that's a great toy/product in my book!

The construction is excellent, such a concern with babies and some toys that are made outside of USA. This product is made in China. The Lamaze name, in the past, has never disappointed us, and it is true in this product as well. The wings "crackle" with paper inside, there are different textures and a mirror to catch tiny eyes, ribbons with knots to grab, and a squeaky to discover. The clip on top makes it portable on infant carriers, car seats, play mats, jumpers......it went everywhere my grand daughter went, so expecting same with my new grandson.
on January 21, 2017
So cute. I bought it when my daughter was a few months old and she would happily play with it. I think all the colors and noise it made when she scrunched it would attract her attention. I liked how it has a hook to hang it from the car seat or the stroller, so the baby can grab at it. I would also hang it from her "baby activity gym" or whatever that baby mat thing is called. I loved it so much I bought one for my Pastor's baby daughter too. And then I lost mine so I bought a third. lol
on March 1, 2017
This has been my son's favorite toy since he was about a week old. He loved the black and white patterns and would stare at him while in his swing. (It has a really nice clip that makes it attachable) now that he is almost 3 months he smiles when he notices it's colorful patterns and likes to swat at it and touch it's textured feathers. Definitely a great first toy.
on March 18, 2017
This is my favorite baby showe gift. All babies love Jacque the Peacock. Each tail feather has a different feel/sound to it. One is crinkly, one has a squeaker, one rattles, and one has a mirror. It's perfect for hanging from a variety of things. They never get sick of it!
on April 25, 2017
Oh Jacques, you are my son's favorite toy. At 11 weeks, if we lay him on his playmat with Jacques dangling above, he'll wack at him and scream with happiness! This is the first toy he has truly studied and been interested in, so we consider him his "favorite". This is a good buy.
Jacques is just the friend to stimulate your little one's senses. The bright colors attract and maintain his attention. The small size is ideal for a little one to hold and inspect. The wings, which contain some type of crinkle, sound-producing material, encourage grasping and squeezing to develop those finger and hand muscles. The rattle encourages Baby to learn that shaking Jacques will result in a noise - teaching cause and effect. It also provides valuable physical activity to develop arm muscles. The mirrored wing allows Baby to peek at himself and to explore the wonders of self-awareness.

Jacques is imitated; I saw a similar item at the "bull's eye" store which was one-third the cost, but was also inferior in quality. I certainly would not recommend purchasing it since it did not seem to be as well-made as Jacques. If you are going to purchase a toy for an infant you love, stick with the Lamaze Jacques the Peacock. You won't be disappointed and neither will Baby.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.