Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
asked by Thingy on December 9, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Arietta Kincaid answered on December 9, 2011
Comment | 16 of 17 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I doubt that this will work. The self laminating pouches are your best bet if you don't want to get a laminator, but I think they would be less of a quality in comparison when done with laminator.
stigabre answered on December 9, 2011
Comment | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Arietta Kincaid answered on December 10, 2011
Comment | 12 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
EvesDaughter answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | 7 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've tried the iron for laminating & became very frustrated. I don't laminate often & therefore don't have the patience or wherewithal to attempt the various tricks of the trade. I'm buying this puppy now lol.
D. L. James answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The laminator vs household iron is a good question. Laminators reach a much higher temp than household irons. You will not get the same seal with an iron as you will with a laminator. Laminators heat both sides at the same time and evenly. An iron works well for touching up projects that didn't seal well. If sealing a single thickness of paper then it will seal well. I've worked with various brands and types (cold vs hot) of laminators for 20 years. I would highly recommend a laminator over an iron. This is an excellent price for a laminator.
Susan M. answered on December 14, 2012
Comments (2) | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
A laminator not only heats the material, it puts a lot of pressure between the rollers (think pasta machine) to force the material to adhere to what you are laminating as well as adhere to the parts of the material around the item you are laminating. I don't know what the pressure is, but I would rather spend (and did) money on a laminator than worry about getting melted plastic on my $50 iron.
Portia answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Google laminating with an iron. The concensus is that you place the item in a pillow case or t shirt on a flat surface, have the iron set on cotton, and press. It's cheap enough to try it a few times to see if you need the laminating machine or if the iron works for you.
philipwyliefan answered on May 6, 2016
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you for the test and report, Tina! Since I haven't yet bought any laminating equipment or supplies, I may just have to buy some pouches and practice with my iron, to find out how frustrated I get... Since I'll have only occasional need, I'm trying to avoid the cost of an actual (quality/reliable) laminator. I appreciate that you shared with us Tina.
Thingy answered on December 9, 2011
Comment | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mercy and Me answered on December 9, 2011
Comment | 4 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product