|Item Weight||5.1 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||L14M|
|Material Type||plastic/metal clip/steel nib|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||L14M|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Lamy Safari Fountain Pen, Shiny Blue Barrel - Medium Nib
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$1.94 (8%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Lamy Safari Fountain Pen
- Medium Nib
- Shiny Blue Barrel body made of sturdy ABS Plastic
- Shiny Steel Nib
- Includes one Blue Lamy T10 ink cartridge
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Lamy Safari makes writing easier than ever. Made from lightweight, durable acrylic. Flexible spring brass wire clip.
Compare with similar items
Lamy Safari Fountain Pen - Charcoal - Fine
LAMY | Safari Fountain Pen | Blue (L14F)
LAMY Safari Fountain Pen, Yellow Medium Nib (L18M)
LAMY Vista Fountain Pen Demonstrator, Clear Medium Nib (L12M)
Lamy Al Star Fountain Pen - Ocean Blue Fine
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Great Ones For You||Quick Supplies||Amazon.com||Creative Outfitters|
|Color||Blue||Charcoal||Blue||Yellow||Demonstrator Clear||Ocean Blue|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in||8.3 x 1.2 x 7.5 in||1 x 1 x 1 in||6.4 x 1.2 x 1.2 in||1.2 x 1.2 x 6.4 in||6.1 x 0.38 x 0.38 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Durable Body - not all fountain pens were designed for the rigors of every day, work-a-day life. Enamel bodies can be easily scratched. Some plastic bodies don't hold up to bangs and crunches. This plastic body is TOUGH and wears really well.
2) Durable / Smooth Nib - Gold trimmed nibs are very fancy and wonderful, but not really appropriate for my work environment (I'm a technical writer). The iridium tip on the Lamy is very strong and delivers a surprisingly smooth, easy flowing, even line. I speak only of the medium nib, as it's the only one I've tried.
3) Ink Window - Lamy built a small window into the body of their pen to aid in the process of determining how much ink you have left; a feature missing from some of my favorite fancier pens, requiring that I unscrew them to see how much ink is left.
4) Tight Ink Seal - many of my visually favorite fountain pens have an issue related to cap seals that aren't tight enough to prevent the ink from drying over long periods of time. OK, it's true, as much as I love using fountain pens, occassionally, I do forget where I left one and a few months go by before rediscovery. Ooops ... the ink dried out. Well, I once misplaced one of my Lamy's for the better part of a year ... the ink flowed perfectly the first time I touched pen to paper, with no remediation process on my part. Impressive.
5) Easy Grip - the triangul-arch (two triangular flat faces and a third arched face) shape of the Lamy grip area fits my fingers perfectly. The light weight of the pen makes it a dream to use, with never a touch of writer's cramp, no matter how long I write.
6) Shirt Pocket Friendly - the paper clip like design of the clip on the cap of this pen is not visually my favorite, but I LOVE the way it works on ALL my work shirt pockets. Some of my pens have clips that loosen with time, won't work on thick shirts, or stick out from the surface of the pocket more than I'd prefer. Not this one. The strong grip of this clip never seems to expire, and the low profile (combined with light weight) make it easy to forget you're "wearing". Very pocket friendly.
If you're going for fancy in a fountain pen, this one is probably too simple, practical and modern looking. But for a sharp, professional looking "every day" fountain pen, I know of no other to match the Lamy Safai ... which is available in a dizzying range of colors.
However I was worried about getting a fake Lamy from one of the Amazon sellers. I've been to one of the resellers in Germany and have tested many of high quality pens, which are all very nice, but I didn't purchase any at the time. Thankfully, I got the real deal and am very satisfied with my purchase. I can't wait to go back to revisit that store and buy another, as it seems to be bit more difficult to get the variety of available Lamy's in the States.