Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Top Contributor: Photographyon February 21, 2016
I bought this one to replace my almost 10yr old M-nib Safari Vista (clear Safari) because it started to look to beat up to use it in meetings. I bought this in F nib together with a B black Lamy Safari and a Faber-Castell Ondoro Oak (M) at almost the same time. The Lamy B is too broad for my taste so I shifted the B nib to the old pen and use it with red ink for grading papers (college professor). I really liked the Lamy F, but I had to let it go when sold the Lamy Studio (scratch magnet, didn't love the brush steal texture to the touch and the clip seemed too move a little too much for my peace of mind) because that's the one the buyer wanted. So I use the new Safari with my old M nib and it outperforms the Faber-Castell whem the latter tends to get dry after storage in certain positions that I have yet to figure out. Both the Lamy Studio and Safari is always ready to write with a great flow, with my nib of 10yrs. The F nib felt a bit like the Faber-Castell M, if you're familiar with either brand. I like the Safari, the Studio and the Ondoro for the same reasons: they're understated, minimalist design, more masculine or at least neutral than the other over adorned fountain pens. I would buy another Studio in black barrel if I hadn't bought the Ondoro. I only wasn't crazy about the feel of the brushed steel and how delicate it seemed to me. Hope this helps.
on February 21, 2016
The pen itself is great. The design is fairly minimalistic with the pinched clip being the most distinguishable feature. The nib is smooth and writes with little feedback; the grip is comfortable and has a slight rubbery texture that doesn't get slippery after prolonged periods of writing. When writing posted, the cap snaps onto the back of the pen (similarly to how the pen snaps when capped) preventing it from coming loose.
My only complaints with the pen is that when capped, the pen's cap slightly wiggles which detracts from the sleek brushed design and that the clip rubs against the cap which creates a small scratch that's more noticeable because of the clip's pinched design.
The reason my review is missing a star from being 5/5 is that the description stated the pen included a converter while mine did not, I received only a blue cartridge.
Overall, I recommend this pen as a good upgrade from a starter pen or just for getting a great pen in general.
on February 27, 2018
This pen offers the reliability of a Lamy pen. The nib is the same as used by the Safari and is easily changeable. The pen is light, of a good diameter and comfortable to use. It posts securely, but is large enough to be used unposted. I have two problems with the pen: (1) the cap spins too easily on the closed pen. It is secure, but does not snug the cap to a fixed position. This is not a performance issue, but drives me nuts. (2) the brushed finish on the pen I have readily shows use. Although I am very careful with my pens, the brush finish wants to blemish.

All in all this is a comfortable, dependable writer.
on May 13, 2015
I bought this pen on a hunch. I wanted an everyday writer that could take getting dropped, traveles well in my shirt pipocket, and writes first time every time. That's what I got and more. The pen itself is priced reasonably. Attractive, acceptable to take to the office, or out to lunch. I liked the idea that Replacement Lamy nibs are available to be purchased separately and cheaply. It's easy to switch from a fine to broad writing nib while using the same pen.
I find that the best method of changing nibs is the scotch tape method shown on video at Goulet Pens and Utube.
I'm really happy with this pen. It's a well made everyday writer that travels well. It writes like a dream. I picked up some different nibs for when I feel like a change.
Buying a converter is a must in my view. This allows you to fill from whichever bottled ink you choose. It's also a lot cheaper to bottle fill. Standard International size cartridges are readily available all over the world. This pen does not take these cartridges. It only accepts only Lamy brand cartridges. There are only a handful of Lamy colors. This limits your options and excludes a world of different inks. There are rainbows, upon rainbows of available colors and manufacturers to choose from.
My Lamy Studuo currently has a Fine nib installed, a Lamy converter with Éclat de Saphir ink by J. Herbin. It's a nice bright saturated, medium blue that is great for note taking and really lets your signature stand out on documents.
on August 23, 2017
My everyday workhorse for writing. Perfect weight, elegant design, functional engineering. Classy AF. I love this pen!
on February 22, 2015
I carry it every day. I lost my first, and bought two more so I'd never be without again. I sketch, write letters and journal with it. Nothing like a fountain pen. This one has a wonderful weight and feel to it.
on January 6, 2017
Bought this for a Christmas gift and they love it. Very smooth writer. While I ordered the stainless steel pen, the charcoal grey one showed up. Did not want to send it back as it was too close to Christmas.
on November 17, 2017
Item description is wrong. This is the L65M with a medium nib.

Since Lamy nibs are already broader than most, this is a fairly important detail. It writes far wider than a Lamy fine should.
on December 16, 2016
Very nice looking pen, it works great I use it everyday and I havent had any trouble with it.
on May 18, 2007
Compared to my other Montblanc and Waterman fountain pens, the Lamy Studio feels well-balanced with good ink distribution and overall writes just as smoothly. I was honestly surprised at the quality of the pen given its affordability. I should have known better since I also enjoy using my Lamy Swift rollerball. This pen is highly recommended, you won't be disappointed.