BCA Month Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by st vincent PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 2, 2017
This is one of my all-time favorite movies, and in my top three favorite childhood movies. The few good movies Don Bluth made easily puts him in league with Walt Disney.
This movie is about the journey Little Foot the "longneck" and the friends he meets go on to reach the fabled "Great Valley," where all the subsequent movies take place. There there are no predators like the Tyrannosaurus that can attack them, and they live in relative peace with eachother. It is a tearful journey no doubt, but well worth the watch even for adults I believe.
on May 27, 2017
I must have watched this so many countless times as a small child. Every theme in here resonates with growing up. There is death, life, love, comedy, and everything in between. An all time classic matched by few films.

Unlike the Secret of Nimh, this release is in very good shape, and the resulting bluray might blow your mind if all you have are memories of the VHS. The audio is finally uncompressed and sounds crystal clear. They did a wonderful job with this one. A first rate recommendation.
on November 9, 2015
My DVD arrived on time. I was hesitant to watch this film again. It's hard to believe that the 80s have now painfully morphed in the awning of the 21st century. The utterance of "adult" still shocks me. An adult? An adult still thinks that Ducky is the coolest of the funny-looking new herd? As remembered, The Land Before Time is a nostalgic tear-jerker. I know plenty of people; and young boys alike who had to swallow hard during the confrontation with Sharp Tooth following the Earthquake. If you're like me and you grew up with boys/brothers interested in gnarly weathered green plastic dinosaurs thrashed all over the floor with reckless abandon for those dared into the disasters that made up their half recognizable bedrooms; then this film is for you. When I was little I abhorred Cera. I actually thought of her as perfect villainess in a way; however watching Land again as an adult, I quickly realized when you're a kid, being brave is really more of evolution in many ways, and normally one that you don't never see coming either. Although I find Cera a bit annoying for my liking; Land proves once again that being brave means being kind in face of cruelty and resolute in the face of tradegy and unimaginable loss. I guess one can look back on this film and smile knowing that hope springs enteral. One thing is for certain Land is still timeless in its emotive glimpse into all things Jurassic.
on March 30, 2017
Gotta love Little Foot !!! This edition is great. Good bonus features and the picture is great. Would recommend this good ole DVD to any one who would enjoy showing their kids a great old movie that has a wonderful message about friends and family.
on January 25, 2012
I remember watching this when I was younger and enjoyed it. Now that I am an adult, I still enjoy this movie as I am a huge fan of dinosaurs -- mostly T-Rex, though. That said, during the last half of the year last year, I found out my 3 y.o. nephew was, too, a HUGE fan of T-Rex and dinosaurs. I asked my sister if she ever rented this movie for him to watch, but her being as forgetful as she is, never did. I took a chance and bought this movie for him (as well as my nieces who are too young to hold any attention to this) for Xmas. Turns out, he had watched this movie on Xmas day 5 times, and 4 to 5 times every day since then. To say he enjoys this film immensely is an understatement! I think this film also shows a positive message about friends arguing, but how to work through those arguments, teamwork, as well as a little glimpse on what may have happened to the dinosaurs. If a child in your life is a ridiculous fan of dinosaurs, you simply cannot go wrong with purchasing this DVD.
on June 26, 2017
My 2 year old grandson loves this movie. He was initially scared by Sharptooth (T-Rex), but later enacted the scene where Littlefoot and friends trick Sharptooth into falling into a pond -- so I guess he's not THAT scared! He watches this over and over, and is learning the correct names of the types of dinosaurs (courtesy of his uncle), so it's a little educational, too.
on February 6, 2016
This touching adventure is a tour de force for children of all ages, as it alternately tugs your heartstrings, then has you biting your nails.
The adventure follows an unlikely alliance between five young dinosaurs making their way westward from a dying terrain to a plush Great Valley. During their journey, they encounter dangers from the Sharptooth (T-Rex), as well as a power struggle for leadership between Littlefoot and a proud, contentious triceratops, Sarah.
This heartwarming story tenderly incorporates the bonds of friendship with the trials they must work to overcome, accentuated with a musical score that is just so spot on!
Without doubt, Don Bluth's Land Before Time is a timeless classic that belongs right up there with those of Walt Disney.
on September 28, 2012
This is one of my FAVORITE Movies! I had the VHS saved for my little one when he was old enough to see it...then I put the VHS in and BOOM, the darn player ate the movie I had for 15yrs! So I purchased this DVD, and I was so surprised when the quality really was that of a VHS. I have many DVD's and this one is 'almost' as bad as when we do play a VHS tape (yes I still have those as I have 35 Disney movies I dont have the money to get DVD's of). The dvde only includes the movie and chapter selections.

Being and 'Anniversary Edition' you would think the quality would be better. Its very grainy, dark and doesnt look very good. Not impressed!
on February 26, 2017
One of my favorite childhood movies. Still perfect and still a tearjerker. Bought this as a gift for my cousin's children who love dinosaurs so the next generation can enjoy this classic.
on March 18, 2017
Great classic that I remember from my childhood. Great story, but it does scare my toddler in some parts.