Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 29, 2016
The movie is the best. A classic. And this Blu Ray release does absolutely nothing to honor that.

Bad transfer. No commentary. No documentaries. There aren't even LETTERS on the menu (instead they seem to have opted for bizarre pictographs, presumably so this disc could be released in every region without even having to change the menus).

It breaks my heart. This movie was foundational for me and absolutely holds up, but the lack of care on this disc makes me feel like the last fool to care about The Land Before Time.

The only reason this isn't a 1-star review is that at least you get this spectacular movie. For those of us who still care enough about movies to buy them in an archival format with crisp transfer, and look forward to the features contained within them, this movie might as well be bought as a digital copy.
11 comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 5, 2015
This movie is a Family Classic, I watched this movie so many times as a child I've lost count, and I will love to one day watch this my children till they lose track. I remember running around the yard during the Fall season with all the leaves changing looking for that one last green leaf. Yep yep yep... this is a great movie, and anything create by Don Bluth is a work of art. That man is my hero.
review image
I must have watched this so many countless times as a small child. Every theme in here resonates with growing up. There is death, life, love, comedy, and everything in between. An all time classic matched by few films.

Unlike the Secret of Nimh, this release is in very good shape, and the resulting bluray might blow your mind if all you have are memories of the VHS. The audio is finally uncompressed and sounds crystal clear. They did a wonderful job with this one. A first rate recommendation.
on December 29, 2017
I LOVE this movie, but the quality of this Blu-ray was a billion times worse than my old VHS. It was incredibly grainy, blurry, in some scenes there were literally doubles of the characters. It was so bad words don't even do justice to the horrendousness that is this Blu-ray. I honestly would have turned it off, but my dog was curled up on my lap and I didn't want to move her so I suffered through. Whoever put this version of film out ought to be sued. What a joke they've made of a fantastic movie.
on November 4, 2015
This cartoon is really cute for young kids, it's mesmerizing to them, and teaches them skills such as cooperation, listening to elders and just plain values. My son grew up watching the complete set of this series and could never get enough of them, which came in handy on bitter winter days when there was little do. I bought this as a gift for friends who have young children, and am a little embarrassed to say that the parents weren't too thrilled with me after watching it for the sixth time in one evening..........but as I said kids really do find them mesmerizing.
on January 15, 2018
I fell in love with this movie when I first saw it on VHS.
I purchased this edition because it shows the entire picture, not just the center with the sides chopped off.
This is the /original/ movie, as distinct from the endless list of sequels.
Although I am much older than the target audience, the mere existence of so many sequels speaks to its popularity with the kids.
on February 6, 2016
This touching adventure is a tour de force for children of all ages, as it alternately tugs your heartstrings, then has you biting your nails.
The adventure follows an unlikely alliance between five young dinosaurs making their way westward from a dying terrain to a plush Great Valley. During their journey, they encounter dangers from the Sharptooth (T-Rex), as well as a power struggle for leadership between Littlefoot and a proud, contentious triceratops, Sarah.
This heartwarming story tenderly incorporates the bonds of friendship with the trials they must work to overcome, accentuated with a musical score that is just so spot on!
Without doubt, Don Bluth's Land Before Time is a timeless classic that belongs right up there with those of Walt Disney.
on February 7, 2014
First, the star rating is not for the movie itself. I love this movie. I loved it growing up and it holds true today. Now that I have two children of my own I wanted to share it with them. They, too, now love this movie. My little dude runs around pretending he's a "sharp-tooth" and my daughter insists she's "Cera." It's great fun for all!

The quality of the DVD itself, man...that's another thing. This is categorically one of the worst DVD transfers I have EVER seen. The DVD was apparently released back in 2003, I have other DVDs released in 2003 and they're of considerably better quality so I know the technology was there. It's blotchy and grainy, the light varies greatly from scene to scene. If I had to guess zero attention was paid to transferring this to DVD. It's a shame, too. I'll play cartoons that were originally made in the 30s, 40s, etc., and they're beautifully restored.

In fact, out of curiosity, I dragged out and dusted off the old VHS player. I threw in my VHS copy of this movie circa the late 80s. To my surprise (and consternation) the VHS actually looked BETTER than the DVD!

So, long story short, this is one of the first ratings I actually struggled on. Usually it's pretty black and white. Unfortunately for the wonderful movie itself, it's been done a disservice by the studio who decided to put it out like this. It really is a shame.
on January 20, 2016
I have always loved this movie. It's so sweet and all about family. It teaches kids about the value of a friendship and the journey that is required sometimes.
I fell in love with all of the main characters. It's such a sweet movie that makes me really happy to pass on to my children.
So many cute and heartwarming elements to this movie.
A definite MUST SEE MOVIE!
on November 17, 2017
A timeless masterpiece to guide children and adults through circumstances of loss and isolation. Extraordinary usage of symbolism in the characters and storyline is combined with powerfully moving emotional provocations.

Do not dare to view the sequels; they are franchise-milking garbage.