Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 2, 2017
This is one of my all-time favorite movies, and in my top three favorite childhood movies. The few good movies Don Bluth made easily puts him in league with Walt Disney.
This movie is about the journey Little Foot the "longneck" and the friends he meets go on to reach the fabled "Great Valley," where all the subsequent movies take place. There there are no predators like the Tyrannosaurus that can attack them, and they live in relative peace with eachother. It is a tearful journey no doubt, but well worth the watch even for adults I believe.
on May 27, 2017
I must have watched this so many countless times as a small child. Every theme in here resonates with growing up. There is death, life, love, comedy, and everything in between. An all time classic matched by few films.

Unlike the Secret of Nimh, this release is in very good shape, and the resulting bluray might blow your mind if all you have are memories of the VHS. The audio is finally uncompressed and sounds crystal clear. They did a wonderful job with this one. A first rate recommendation.
on November 17, 2017
A timeless masterpiece to guide children and adults through circumstances of loss and isolation. Extraordinary usage of symbolism in the characters and storyline is combined with powerfully moving emotional provocations.

Do not dare to view the sequels; they are franchise-milking garbage.
on October 26, 2017
Love this movie, you can enjoy with the whole family. A nice movie that's innocent and fun and you don't have to worry about hearing bad words. Even as my kids are older they still remind me of how they like these movies with Little Foot, Cera, Ducky and the whole gang.
on February 26, 2017
One of my favorite childhood movies. Still perfect and still a tearjerker. Bought this as a gift for my cousin's children who love dinosaurs so the next generation can enjoy this classic.
on April 10, 2016
I love Land Before time. I was wanting the full series but I do not know which ones I have and now that I do not have a VCR player and only have DVD player I can not watch them now. I would like to be informed when the series comes out on DVD or blue ray so I can watch them all over again. They never get to old for me to watch them over and over again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This movie is a classic. I grew up watching this, and now my daughter will, too. The images are much more vivid than when I was young, thanks to the Bluray format, but the story is the same one I loved so many years ago. I'm so happy I could find this movie on Bluray.
on November 4, 2015
This cartoon is really cute for young kids, it's mesmerizing to them, and teaches them skills such as cooperation, listening to elders and just plain values. My son grew up watching the complete set of this series and could never get enough of them, which came in handy on bitter winter days when there was little do. I bought this as a gift for friends who have young children, and am a little embarrassed to say that the parents weren't too thrilled with me after watching it for the sixth time in one evening..........but as I said kids really do find them mesmerizing.
on April 6, 2017
My Grandson loves The Land Before Time cartoon series and so I bought this for him, but it doesn't hold his interest. The picture/animation seems lackluster...probably because this film was made quite a while ago.
on February 7, 2014
First, the star rating is not for the movie itself. I love this movie. I loved it growing up and it holds true today. Now that I have two children of my own I wanted to share it with them. They, too, now love this movie. My little dude runs around pretending he's a "sharp-tooth" and my daughter insists she's "Cera." It's great fun for all!

The quality of the DVD itself, man...that's another thing. This is categorically one of the worst DVD transfers I have EVER seen. The DVD was apparently released back in 2003, I have other DVDs released in 2003 and they're of considerably better quality so I know the technology was there. It's blotchy and grainy, the light varies greatly from scene to scene. If I had to guess zero attention was paid to transferring this to DVD. It's a shame, too. I'll play cartoons that were originally made in the 30s, 40s, etc., and they're beautifully restored.

In fact, out of curiosity, I dragged out and dusted off the old VHS player. I threw in my VHS copy of this movie circa the late 80s. To my surprise (and consternation) the VHS actually looked BETTER than the DVD!

So, long story short, this is one of the first ratings I actually struggled on. Usually it's pretty black and white. Unfortunately for the wonderful movie itself, it's been done a disservice by the studio who decided to put it out like this. It really is a shame.