Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Land of Falling Stars ((Erotic Historical Suspense ))
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on December 6, 2011
Keta Diablo has penned a beautiful and haunting love story full of passion, deception, danger and the epic War Between the States that will leave you breathless and longing for more! I loved this story from beginning to end! It's a true page turner that you will hate to see end. Keta really has a knack for getting you beneath her characters skins. This is one of those rare books that you don't want to miss out on! And I'm sure you will agree with me after you read it, that Keta Diablo is a name that we will be seeing a lot more of in the coming years to which I say bravo!"

Land of the Falling Stars is the newest novel from up and coming author Keta Diablo. It is set during the turbulent times of the Civil War. Sophia Whitfield has lost nearly everything to this horrible war her parents, her brother and her entire way of life up till now. She has managed to keep Arbor Rose above water but just barely no thanks to the raiding of Yankees that have left she and her remaining servants with very little to survive on themselves. So when she sees another dreaded Yankee meandering down the road toward her home she has had enough! She grabs her father's rifle and shoots the approaching soldier. But when she draws near she is horrified to see that she has shot none other than Gavin Langdale (one of her closest friends since childhood friend, who left to fighting started). Desperate to save his life she takes care of him night and day with the help of Old Nap and Brister (her faithful helpers who wanted to stay with her even after the emancipation) praying that he will survive.

When Gavin awakens he sees the angel that has haunted his thoughts and dreams hovering over him. Sophia Whitfield and Jesse Grantham and he had been the very best of friends growing up together on the banks of the Rappahannock. Though Gavin always harbored feelings for Sophia he never allowed them to show or did anything about them because she was promised to marry Jesse from birth. But now looking up at her all of those feelings seem to overwhelm him. Sophia is ecstatic that he has returned and will recover from the gunshot. But he wonders if she would feel the same if she knew of the horrible secret that he is harboring indeed the very reason that he has come back to Arbor Rose.

Will their passion be enough to see them through the trials that they are about to face or will the truth and circumstances tear them apart? Or will a band of cutthroats kill them both before they ever have the chance to find out? And there is much, much more to this story but you are going to have to buy this one to find out more!

Score: 4.75
on August 5, 2013
I just finished reading this book instead of doing the housework. The conflicting characters captured and held me throughout the story and the 'baddies' lurking in the background added suspense.
I would have given this more stars if they were available. Great read.
on December 17, 2011
With the impending end of the Civil War, Sophia Whitfield tries to hold on to the only thing she has not yet lost, her childhood home. Sophia is all alone in the world, she's lost her parents, brother and her fiancé has yet to return from the war, leaving her with just two slaves to help her defend her family estate from the enemy. When a Union soldier invades Arbor Rose, Sophia shoots first and asks questions later. She gets the surprise of her life when she realizes she's shot her childhood friend and savior, Gavin Langdale, who is now a soldier fighting for the North and not some Yankee trespasser. Gavin has come back to Arbor Rose to deliver a message to Sophia, but seeing her again brings up past emotions he can no longer keep a secret and soon fiery passion ensues between the two. Forgetting his purpose, Gavin gives into his desires with Sophia, with the hopes of winning her heart when all is finally revealed.

This is a passionate love story that begins when the main characters are young and transcends into their adulthood which makes the romance that much heartwarming. Sophia is an outstanding heroine, she's independent, smart, stubborn (which can be a bit frustrating), but knows how to hold her own. My only issue with her behavior comes from a scene where she experiences something traumatic and reacts to the situation by sleeping with Gavin, her reaction seemed a bit far fetched, especially for that period in time but I won't say any more!

Gavin is the epitome of chivalry and strength. He is everything you want in a hero, he's strong, patient, compassionate, with a wicked side in the bedroom...I fell for him immediately! The difference in their personalities works flawlessly and images of the classic Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Bultler came to mind while reading. Gavin and Sophia have a tumultuous relationship that keeps you on edge and bewitched from beginning to end.

I love a good historical romance, especially when it's infused with hot and sultry passion and Land of Falling Stars won me over. It's a beautifully written love story that captures not only the essence of the time but the internal struggle of the characters vividly enough for the reader to experience every emotion while reading. Adventure, unconditional love, forgiveness and acceptance make this a tantalizing read that will have your heart skipping out of pure excitement! Praise to Ms. Diablo for sharing this historical masterpiece with her readers!

{I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review as part of a blog tour.}
on April 3, 2012
Wow! Land of Falling Stars is one of those books I wish I could give more than 5 stars. I had so many emotions going through me while reading this. It was sweet, passionate, tragic, heart-felt, erotic, heroic....... The characters were great. Sophia is very strong-willed and stubborn. I loved her personality. Gavin was sometning else lol. He was also very strong-willed and stubborn. He's in love with Sophia and very picky about it. He doesn't really put all of his fillings out there but he expects her to and gets angry when she doesn't. He's very sweet and the love he has for her is tangible but he gets angry easily and sometimes agressive, ironically I really liked this about him. He holds a terrible secret from Sophia when he shows up. We all have read this part in some book or saw it in a movie but it never gets old: he wants to tell her but can't, she finds out and thinks he's been keeping it from her and lieing to her and she hates him. This is just the beginning with some crazy guy wanting to marry her (even if it's by force), his even crazier father, a fire and so much more. This book is one giant rollercoaster of events and emotions and I enjoyed every minute of it :)

I also have to mention Ricochet, Sophia's Wolfhound. This dog was incredible, loving and extremely smart. If your not a dog lover, you will be at the end of this book.

I plan to read many more of Mrs. Diablo's books and label Land of Falling Stars a must read!
on December 8, 2013
Why?! Why did it have to end? It was soooo good! Wht a romantic story. Hell, I'm in love with Gavin too. No man has ever been more devoted to a woman. God! This book left me with such a good feeling. I loved it. Gavin is all man....such a passion and desire between these two. I wanted to poke Sophia's eyes out at times but they truly did love each other. Very well done. Recommend highly. 10 stars. This is wht romance is all about!!!!
on December 10, 2011
Captivating and Sensually Moving!

Wow! This novel was such a moving and heart felt story. The story captivated me immediately just from the first paragraph. War is such a horrible time as the South and the North leave pillages of carnage behind in their wake, but that is not the worst of it when one is promised to marriage of one of the soldiers sent off to fight the war along with your childhood best friend is fighting on opposite side.

What you will find in this story is strength, survival, faithfulness, dedication, betrayal, love, friendship, healing, loneliness, death, and bitter sweet emotion that will take you on a ride between sorrow and bliss.

The connection between Sophia and Gavin is intense with a mixture of love and hate. Their erotic romance scene is sensually hot, tender at times, and wildly rough leaving the reader wonton themselves as the words come alive on the pages and leave vivid images to fantasize about.

I loved the independence of Sophia even through the turmoil she was put through and how she guarded her heart even through a mental blindness of accepting reality. Gavin is the savior every woman dreams of, a man bound by loyalty to follow his best friend's promise, a man who would give the world to the woman he loves to make her happy, and a man that is resistible and insatiable.

There were times however that I just wanted to reach in and grab Sophia's shoulders and shake the crap out of her. The drama in the book will definitely have you reeling with emotion as I felt happiness, sorrow, aroused, and even got teary eyed through parts of it.

I cannot forget about the loyalty of the wolf-hound in the story, he was the most trained and brilliant protector throughout the whole story. Also the gypsy's won my heart immediately with their unconditional kindness and their magical faith of healing.

What can I say, I totally loved it! Definitely a book to keep on the shelf to read over and over again, therefore I highly recommend this historical read for all genre readers and I am truly a fan of Keta Diablo and look forward to reading more of her works.

Excellent Read!
on December 30, 2011
I am not normally drawn to read historical romances set in the United States, but I thoroughly enjoyed Keta Diablo's Land of Fallen Stars. Gavin and Sophie's struggle to come to terms with the disasters that have befallen them during the Civil War is gripping and gritty, and is heightened by the intense passion they feel for each other, but that they are bound by circumstances and convention to deny.
VINE VOICEon January 8, 2012
Keta Diablo never fails to surprise me with her talent for creating characters that come alive - passionate, obstinate and wholly believable. Then by placing them smack in the middle of one of the most tumultuous eras in American History, she spins her magic. Keta has created a story that is like a majestic tapestry. The characters seem to live and breathe within the framework of a grand story rich in historical detail. Three childhood friends are divided by horrific, gut-wrenching circumstance, forced into difficult situations, driven by honor, but deceived by lies. Passion is ignited and cannot be denied, but duty and honor must also be served. Ever capricious and fickle, fate never makes it easy for two star-crossed lovers to find true happiness.

Short, poignant flashbacks of an idyllic childhood are skillfully interspersed. They spectacularly highlight the stark contrast between the shared freedoms and escapades of youthful innocence with the current reality of the immeasurable loss of family, possessions, and wealth. Gavin returns from the war a haunted specter of the young man he once was. Jessie longs to return to the woman he loves, the woman promised to him since birth, but his dreams can never be realized because his life is cut short. Sophia hangs on tenaciously to the remnants of property; all that remains of her once gracious childhood home. Having grown up accustomed to wealth, pampered by her doting parents, Sophia is singularly unprepared for the hardship and tribulations she is forced to endure. Occasionally, I felt her childish tantrums were overplayed; however, she truly was dealt some significant emotional blows, so perhaps I am being too harsh in my judgment of her. Ultimately, however, she emerges as a self-possessed woman who will risk it all for the one man she truly loves. This is an emotional rollercoaster that tells a breath-taking and heart-rending story that will capture the heart of romance readers everywhere.
on May 16, 2012
CHLOE WAITS BLOG, Erotic Romance Author-

Review for Keta Diablo's Land of Falling Stars February 3 2010

([...])

Okay, I have to admit, after hearing Keta Diablo's name quite a bit for erotic romance, I had to snip over to her blog, Keta's Keep, and check it out a little awhile back.

Very cool blog. I was enticed by the icons that allowed me to browse the pages of her work.

Land of Falling Stars lured me in immediately with its lyrical title, and hot cover art. I was instantly captivated by the haunting love story of Gavin and Sophie. So much so I bought it on the spot.

And, I am very glad I did. Engaging, fully realized characters, with a passionate love story that is at once steamy and tender. Gavin won me over as a intense hero fighting against his demons, and Sophie as a heroine trying to reconcile her heart and the past. Complexly layered plot and conflicts added to this poignant tale of star crossed love. Keta Diablo has created a historical romance that manages to blend all these elements with a subtle maestro's touch. I will definitely look forward to reading her work again very soon!

Rating: Five out of Five

Blurb for Land of Falling Stars:
Penniless, her parents and brother dead, Sophia Whitfield struggles to save her beloved childhood home during the Civil War. Another bluecoat is staggering down the hill, but before Sophia allows him to rob and pilfer like the others, she shoots him. How is she to know it is Gavin, the dark knight of her youth, carrying secrets too horrific to imagine and a passion that ignites her deepest desires?

As Sophia gradually learns Gavin's secrets-and enjoys his talents in the bedroom-she discovers how to finally know her own heart. Can she save the Land of Falling Stars, or will she lose it all to the horrors of the War and Reconstruction? And will the Southern lady and the Yankee soldier be able to recapture the bliss of their youth - this time in each other's arms?
on April 28, 2014
When I started reading this book I expected it to take me a week because I had so many projects on my to-do list, but most of them went by the wayside. I couldn't Put Land of Falling Stars down. Now I'm searching for more books by Keta Diablo. Her writing is vivid, tight, descriptive, beautiful. I loved Sophia for her strength and spunk. And Gavin is my kind of man. Great characters, great writing, great read.