Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on June 28, 2013
We rate assembly a 4 of 5. A little tedious, but all parts were there and matched the instrurction sheet.
The unit has a deep ash base and holds alot of wood or coal. Because of the the four side venting, air flow is rapid and creates a furious fire within minutes. Flames are fed by more than adequate oxygen so it burns quickly with little char left.
Problem is that rain blows in on wood left in pit for future events. We removed wet ashe then used a large plastic bag to cover it. There are several covers that might fit.
11 people found this helpful
on August 25, 2013
This fire pit is great. I like that it has a cover, vice a hole in the bottom for water to come out. The 360 degree design is nice and because of the height you can get lots of warmth from it. It's very aesthetically pleasing. The only downside is the poker that it comes with is very short. I purchased a longer poker separate, but I didn't think that alone brought it down from 5 starts. Still pleased as pie with it!
5 people found this helpful
on December 2, 2013
Don't know if I should rate this as a "Fire Pit" - I have a large Mexican chimenea on my deck, and bought the Haywood to place the three back grid panels around the front to prevent flying cinders. I drilled hole in th4 bottom of the pan, and use it to store wood. I cover the logs with the top of the Haywood. Was less expensive to buy this fire pit and have a guard that would work than to buy the guards out-there. It works perfectly for my purpose, and have several uses for the different parts. I saved unused section in case I have to replace panel in future. Tried first with door on front of guard, but the hinges are too flimsy to sustain constant opening under the deconstructed condition.
on January 24, 2013
The fireplace came well packaged but still a few pieces were hard to fit, The screen door bottom doesn't close flush no matter what you do. I screwed all the tiny screws in upside down for the lid so that i could tighten them with the screwdriver onto the Z angles of the top. The Z angles which were welded onto came crooked but that was nothing that tightening screws couldn't fix. I just gave it 4 out of 5 because the door wouldn't close flush.
One person found this helpful
on July 10, 2014
This firepit looks great. Unfortunately, it only lasts for about two years.
Rust developes after one year. The screening, sides, and top are fairly robust, but after the second year the pan turns in to a paper thin rust-hole and essentially disintegrates, rendering the unit useless.
So, if you're willing to pay $50 a year for a firepit, then this stylish item is for you.
on October 11, 2012
EXTREMELY UPSET with this purchase. The product was BROKEN when we got it. EXTREMELY upsetting to go through the long arduous process of putting this item together and THEN discovering the feet were BADLY SOLDERED and FELL APART. Such a nice design but BADLY CONSTRUCTED and NOT. WORTH. THE. MONEY.
NOW we're left to figure out what to do and see if this piece can get welded together. We had to go buy a brick to prop up this item where the missing foot fell off. BE WARNED.
on June 3, 2013
Have used this little fireplace a couple of times now. Compared to more expensive Fire Pit's it does the job just fine. It was simple to put together, but 1 of the legs came apart and had to be secured with screws. So be aware when putting it together.
8 people found this helpful
on November 14, 2013
This little lovely fire pit has been just great. I don't plan on leaving it out all winter, so I am not particularly worried about rust. From what I have seen so far, it holds up quite nicely, and is able to contain a very decent quantity of wood without seeming as if it's going to set anything near it ablaze. My only complaint (and it's quite minor, considering the price), is that the door handle gets way too hot to add logs if need be, but it's not a gloved-hand cannot deal with. Also, the metal poker than came with it is mad small. I'd recommend getting a longer one from a thrift shop. Other than that, this is a great addition to a yard. I much prefer it to saucer type, which I used to have.
on July 23, 2014
I had a clay chimney prior to this fire pit, but my 3 year old lab accidentally knocked it over and it broke into many pieces. I saw the Haywood model on line and decided to purchase it. It came when my husband was not home and I was able to put it together myself, pretty easily. I absolutely love it because it is attractive, easy to use. and not easy to knock over. It is a real buy for the money.....in my opinion.
on February 12, 2013
Brings a warm glow to nighttime while sitting outside enjoying a peaceful evening. I nice glass of wine helps bring more warmth to the event.
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.