- Paperback: 1056 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 9 edition (February 10, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1437705707
- ISBN-13: 978-1437705706
- Product Dimensions: 10.9 x 8.6 x 1.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.5 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (192 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #167,566 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Language of Medicine, Ninth Edition 9th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Springer Blue Sale in medicine
Save up to 40% on medical textbooks and resources.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
BAD: The CD-Rom contains a ridiculous amount of errors. The field of medicine requires accuracy, no matter what your position or career is in it, including authors and publishers of medical books. If you pay attention to the book and consider the CD-Rom to be purely for your review and enjoyment then you'll likely be able to turn a blind eye to the errors, but if you're relying on the CD-Rom to give accurate information, such as definitions (which is where most of the errors are), then you'll be sorely disappointed with it. Here are 3 examples from the 4th chapter definitions on the CD-Rom:
1. Hyperglycemia: Condition of excessive or high blood pressure; diabetes mellitus. [Hyperglycemia is excessive sugar in the bloodstream, not excessive blood pressure.]
2. Hypoglycemia: High levels of sugar in the bloodstream; diabetes mellitus. [Hypo- means below or less than, not high or greater than.]
3. Diameter: Measurement between opposite for example, blood vessel or intestine) points on the periphery of a circular body part (for example, blood vessel or intestine). [Yup, that's for real.]
I'd rate the book 5 stars but the CD-Rom 1 star.
The author does an excellent job providing useful exercises and applications to build your understanding of medical terminology. She offers plenty of repetitive opportunities to cement the new vocabulary in your mind.
Not only is the book great for a college class, it is a great book for anyone who just want to learn medical terminology. I loved it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is the best of the best. Very easy to understand all terminology and procedures without having to search for more info elsewhere. Read morePublished 2 months ago by pinky
Affordable and was very helpful for my medical terminology class!!!!Published 2 months ago by Anngelica J.
Great study book! Better than the other editions in my opinion.Published 5 months ago by PantherLover
Great book to keep especially if you're in school . It was great for my healthcare classes. It has helped me tremendously since I have graduated with my BA in Business/Healthcare... Read morePublished 7 months ago by lucy love