- Series: Key Topics in Cognitive Linguistics
- Hardcover: 242 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (November 28, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1107005825
- ISBN-13: 978-1107005822
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,672,379 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Language of Stories: A Cognitive Approach (Key Topics in Cognitive Linguistics)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"What I appreciated most in The Language of Stories [was] Dancygier's attention to small lexical and grammatical textual choices and her rigorous attempt to follow the effect of these details through to the macro-level of meaning construction."
Elke D'hoker, English Text Construction
How do we read stories? How do they engage our minds and create meaning? Drawing on blending theory and construction grammar, this book focuses its linguistic lens on the concepts of the narrator and the story, and defines narrative viewpoint in a new way.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|