- Series: Cambridge Studies in Philosophy
- Paperback: 172 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 1 edition (November 12, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521046211
- ISBN-13: 978-0521046213
- Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 0.4 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.9 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,551,521 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Language in the World: A Philosophical Enquiry (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"Rebound" by Kwame Alexander
Don't miss best-selling author Kwame Alexander's "Rebound," a new companion novel to his Newbery Award-winner, "The Crossover,"" illustrated with striking graphic novel panels. Pre-order today
"The discussion is extremely thorough and clear, and the dedicated reader with almost no technical sophistication will be able to gain a solid grasp of the system. This is an admirable accomplishment." The Philosophical Review
What makes the words we speak mean what they do? M. J. Cresswell answers this question in a book-length examination of the connection between meaning and linguistic behaviour from the point of view of possible-worlds semantics.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|